Disappearing from the internet

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
If your burner phone and your primary phone are within proximity of each other, intelligence agencies can link your identity to your burner.
So pull the battery from the burner until you need to use it, and never use it near your regular cell is what I am taking away from this?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
Your OS of choice, VPN, steps taken to protect yourself from the big bad IC doesnt matter.
One is not more secure than the other, not really.

The CIA/IC has multiple exploits for all of them*, including every knock-off version of Linux based OS you can find or create.

Take their OutlawCountry tool exposed in the Vault7 leak published through Wikileaks.

"The OutlawCountry Linux hacking tool consists of a kernel module, which the CIA hackers load via shell access to the targeted system and create a hidden Netfilter table with an obscure name on a target Linux user.

The new table allows certain rules to be created using the "iptables" command. These rules take precedence over existing rules, and are only visible to an administrator if the table name is known. When the Operator removes the kernel module, the new table is also removed," CIA's leaked user manual reads.

Or any of these other exploits for other systems (And note, these are several years out of date. Many many many newer tools exist.)

Brutal Kangaroo – a CIA tool suite for Microsoft Windows that targets closed networks or air-gapped computers within an enterprise or organization without requiring any direct access.

Cherry Blossom – a CIA's framework, generally a remotely controllable firmware-based implant, used for monitoring the Internet activity of the target systems by exploiting flaws in WiFi devices.

Pandemic – a CIA's project that allowed the spying agency to turn Windows file servers into covert attack machines that can silently infect other computers of interest inside a targeted network.

Athena – an agency's spyware framework that has been designed to take full control over the infected Windows machines remotely, and works with every version of Microsoft's Windows operating systems, from Windows XP to Windows 10.

AfterMidnight & Assassin – Two apparent CIA's malware frameworks for the Microsoft Windows platform that is meant to monitor and report back actions on the infected remote host computer and execute malicious code.

Archimedes – A man-in-the-middle attack tool allegedly built by the spying agency to target computers inside a Local Area Network (LAN).

Scribbles – A piece of software reportedly designed to embed 'web beacons' into confidential documents, allowing the CIA hackers to track insiders and whistleblowers.

Grasshopper– A framework that allowed the CIA to easily create custom malware for breaking into Microsoft's Windows and bypassing antivirus protection.

☆☆☆ Marble – The source code of a secret anti-forensic framework, primarily an obfuscator or a packer used by the spying agency to hide the actual source of its malware.
(Marble Framework is special, it was actively used against all of you when Russian fingerprints were placed on the DNC servers to frame up the Russiagate narrative.)

Dark Matter– Hacking exploits the agency designed and used to target iPhones and Mac machines.

Weeping Angel – Spying tool used by the CIA to infiltrate smart TV's/phones, transforming them into covert microphones in target's pocket.

Year Zero – CIA hacking exploits for popular hardware and software.

Anyone telling you one system or configuration is more secure from the IC than the other, is either ignorant to the truth or trying to sell you something.

• 2Like

Izo

Tranny Chaser
After one of our users sent him on a gaming weekend earlier this year he flipped his lid, convinced it was @Amods doing and has rarely posted since. Except to pop in and act like a bitch for a day then poof again.
Can one hear the fart if one does not see the sharpie? Shame.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
After one of our users sent him on a gaming weekend earlier this year he flipped his lid, convinced it was @Amods doing and has rarely posted since. Except to pop in and act like a bitch for a day then poof again.
I have this belief that the best tool this forum has for weeding possible weak links is the thread ban items. The folks who go batshit over a 1-day ban from a thread or three probably shouldn't be eligible to buy the access token to the /pol area. They are just a whee bit too emotionally unstable.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
I have this belief that the best tool this forum has for weeding possible weak links is the thread ban items. The folks who go batshit over a 1-day ban from a thread or three probably shouldn't be eligible to buy the access token to the /pol area. They are just a whee bit too emotionally unstable.
Don't ever give Mudcrush Durtfeet Mudcrush Durtfeet a weekend. Such an event might just make him suicide weekend.

• 1Garbage
  • 1Worf

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
If your burner phone and your primary phone are within proximity of each other, intelligence agencies can link your identity to your burner.
This is why it’s dumb to have things like burner phones or newer cars that are burner cars. I try to go mechanical or analog for everything. I use burner pigeons to send messages. I just shoot them out of the sky as soon as they return home from carrying a message I typed on my typewriter.

Buy a car from the 80s or 90s and cut all the inessentials electrical shit from it. My burner car is like that. Just looks like some older beater.

• 1Garbage

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
escrima escrima you should quit your job and open a business teaching courses on anti surveillance and all that sort of fun stuff. That’d be awesome. I’d pay for that.

I guess you’re probably not allowed to use all the knowledge you’ve gained in a private sector setting tho.

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
burner pigeons to send messages
Well Done Thank You GIF by Spotify

• 1Like

escrima

Blackwing Lair Raider
escrima escrima you should quit your job and open a business teaching courses on anti surveillance and all that sort of fun stuff. That’d be awesome. I’d pay for that.

I guess you’re probably not allowed to use all the knowledge you’ve gained in a private sector setting tho.
Retired agents do it all the time.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

escrima

Blackwing Lair Raider
So pull the battery from the burner until you need to use it, and never use it near your regular cell is what I am taking away from this?
essentially, however if the gap between your regular cell going offline and your burner going online is too close, in either proximity or time, it can be correlated together.

• 1Truth!
  • 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Don't communicate with folder, dude. You're going to pop up on your own watchlist. Pretty sure that's equivalent to dividing by zero.
It could also end up causing Escrima to be assigned to the Grindr taskforce.

• 1Truth!

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
essentially, however if the gap between your regular cell going offline and your burner going online is too close, in either proximity or time, it can be correlated together.
You could theoretically create a profile that tracks how quickly and in what sequence you push buttons, use the internal IMU to build a model of body movements, use the microphone for voice matching or even breathing patterns, etc, all of which could be used to strip away anonymity. Even if efficient, automated models for data correlation aren't already in place right now, that data can still be logged right now and used at a later data with models like that. I really don't think there's any getting around the fact that you can't have a normal life and participate in modern society like most people do if you want to try to be truly anonymous.

I'm a bumbling dipshit with the application of computer vision, AI and geoprocessing at work and even I am fucking horrified at what I could accomplish with my limited abilities.

edit: And I don't view parsing and correlating data in that way, for that purpose, as the difficult part. The difficult part is the sensors to collect all of that information, and at the resolution required to identify individuals. The fact that that type of sensor suite has been ubiquitous nation-wide for a decade already was the big barrier that's already been crossed. The only thing they're missing is a sense of smell.

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
Also I’d never use a burner at a same geoloc as my regular phone, such as my home. Best to pick densely populated areas for when you want to go “online” with your burner and just leave your other phone at home. Probably seems like the safest route if you really wanna use a burner phone.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
I wouldn't turn my regular phone off, I would just leave it home or at work while I went on a field trip. Unless we are talking single use burner, then just like foler says go somewhere nice and crowded and do the deed and pull the battery permanently.

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
so what are the best current alternative email/browsers/search engines? feels like this thread should be regularly updated as gmail and others are more and more requiring phone numbers etc to be associated with email accounts

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Dont know where else to put this but Protonmail just gave all their paying subscribers a free upgrade. Storage is now 500gig, free extra email accounts and labels, folders etc.

• 1Like