Disney+ Streaming Service

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
This, if it isn't Pixar high res animation kids want nothing to do with it.

I dunno, my 16 year old is going through and watching. The original Mario Bro’s cartoon right now and my 9 year old is absolutely obsessed with Rugrats.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah my kids don’t seem to care about animation style either. Maybe 6 and 4 is too young to care.

• 1Solidarity

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
My kids don't care about the animation style. I don't think kids care till they have to start explaining their tastes to "friends" in school. ~12+yr old probably.

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
I dunno, my 16 year old is going through and watching. The original Mario Bro’s cartoon right now and my 9 year old is absolutely obsessed with Rugrats.
My 6 year old has gone through all those old mario cartoons and the old legend of zelda a bunch if times, he loves them.

Bloodrocuted

Trakanon Raider
I'm digging the old Silver Surfer cartoon series (unfortunately only one season), since I didn't know his story at all...and I love the style of animation. Also since I get an error trying to stream The Mandalorian.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
1573673091993.png

Do marketing exec's never think about how this might come across in the future?

• 6Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Meanwhile last night the wife cranks up The Apple Bottom Gang. I didn't even know Bill Bixby (Incredible Hulk) was in that.

• 1Like

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
PSA to people bitching about things not on it. There is a lot of stuff still contracted out to other streaming agencies (like Netflix) that won't be on Disney+ until the contract expires (end of year or next year for most), and there is other stuff where another company still owns the rights (The Incredible Hulk is owned by Paramount for example).

I've started my Marvel rewatch, that has been years overdue.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Interesting that Disney+ can't launch in Europe until they figure out how to meet the "30% of the content from Europe" rule. This is gonna be especially hard given that Netflix was already gobbling up whatever locally produced fare they could in order to meet that benchmark AND UK content won't count after Brexit.

• 1WTF

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Man kids have it made these days. Tens of thousands of hours of cartoon shit at a click of a mouse or remote. Back in my day we only had cartoons for a few hours a day before/after school and then on Sat morning. Fucking whole networks dedicated to this shit now.
Yeah no kidding, and if you missed the Saturday morning DBZ you wouldn’t ever get to see that episode where both sides power up for 22 minutes

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Interesting that Disney+ can't launch in Europe until they figure out how to meet the "30% of the content from Europe" rule. This is gonna be especially hard given that Netflix was already gobbling up whatever locally produced fare they could in order to meet that benchmark AND UK content won't count after Brexit.
Didn't know this.
Google-fu: Why Is Disney+ Delayed In Europe? | What's On Disney Plus

Seems like the Europe versions will need to have less content in order to comply, otherwise Disney would need 1000s of shows/movies in order to offset their massive collection(s).

It did mention movies "partially filmed in the EU". So I wonder how much can "count" toward the %.

This rule sounds more like a virtual "wall" to keep culture/business within borders. Kinda funny considering how these countries are all involved in the global agenda. Personally the rule sounds like a great idea although shitty for consumers/media companies.

• 2Like

Siliconemelons

My 6 year old has gone through all those old mario cartoons and the old legend of zelda a bunch if times, he loves them.

Netflix or something had the Mario ones...any streaming have the Zelda ones? they would love them

Yeah, "Quality" of animation generally is of zero craps given with my kids- they love the Mario ones, even when Captain Lou shows up- they think its a riot and my wife things its completely inappropriate with the random adult humor thrown in, I love it.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Meanwhile last night the wife cranks up The Apple Bottom Gang. I didn't even know Bill Bixby (Incredible Hulk) was in that.
Probably Apple Dumpling Gang. The Apple Bottom Gang would be a whole different thing, but I'd watch it

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Didn't know this.
Google-fu: Why Is Disney+ Delayed In Europe? | What's On Disney Plus

Seems like the Europe versions will need to have less content in order to comply, otherwise Disney would need 1000s of shows/movies in order to offset their massive collection(s).

It did mention movies "partially filmed in the EU". So I wonder how much can "count" toward the %.

This rule sounds more like a virtual "wall" to keep culture/business within borders. Kinda funny considering how these countries are all involved in the global agenda. Personally the rule sounds like a great idea although shitty for consumers/media companies.

Feel like companies should just say fuck the EU with the shit they come up with. We can't create good entertainment so lets make those that can work here.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I did the 3-year plan because why not, but I definitely already got a couple months worth of value just from watching a bunch of bonus features from various Marvel movies. That's just fucking awesome, and more services (particularly Netflix) need to include that shit. I torrent most everything, and missing out on the bonus features is one of the things I noticeably miss most. Back when you'd get the disks in the mail, I'd watch a large percentage of all the bonus content (partially because you were going to have to wait a couple days to get something else), and you have to go out of your way to find bonus features in torrents. Usually it involves downloading an entire disk image, which is a) harder to get streaming most of the time, and b) never the first thing that gets released, so you'd typically have to download two versions of a movie just to see the bonus stuff.

I'm already looking forward to watching Endgame again with the commentary track. And over the months I'm sure I'll watch a ton more older movies with commentaries. That's not a bad deal for a couple of bucks a month.