Disney's "Frozen"

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm trying to recall the last time there was this much 'pull' with a Disney movie, even a Pixar one. The movie has created this franchise where anything that's Frozen labeled is almost guaranteed to make money. There are little girls lining up outside Idina Menzel's broadway show just so they can see 'Elsa'. My daughter usually gets into a lot of different things, but nothing quite like this. I'm sure if we went to DisneyWorld tomorrow and met them in costume, she'd probably faint.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Finally saw the movie and was sadly not impressed. The best part of the movie is the multi-language song "Let It Go". Just did not feel Idina Menzel and her singing seems to be getting worse and worse. :\
My whole world is upside down right now.

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
It even enthralled my Girlfriend's 3 year old. We took him to see the movie 6 weeks after it came out, because we didn't want to "ruin" the experience for anyone else... of course the theater was still more than half full, of mostly kids... but regardless, he was completely silent and mesmerized... I think he talked a few times, a couple times at big snow golem, and right during the silent moment where everything "supercooled" right at the end, theater full of kids, and you could hear a pin drop..

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Ya, the movie has some type of hypnotic quality with kids the first time they see it. My nephew (almost 5) usually has the attention span of a gnat when it comes to movies, but he just sat and watched the entire movie the 1st time he saw it.
My kids love it. They both sing the songs. Only other movie that has had that effect was Princess and the Frog.

Siliconemelons

My kids love it. They both sing the songs. Only other movie that has had that effect was Princess and the Frog.
Hate to say it... but your kids have terribad taste. The Princess and the Frog had zero memorable songs and was also a bad mish mash of a film- I dislike it for almost the exact same reasons I hate frozen.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I finally watched this. I'm generally a fan of Disney movies (but don't tell anyone, since I'm a single male in his 30s) but I didn't really enjoy this. It wasn't bad, but it just seemed like it was missing something. I've been thinking about it, and I think it might be the fact that it was basically "all princess."

Usually, Disney movies have some kind of princess so they can sell shit to the little girls, but there is also a cool villain or some other awesome, important character that balances out the girly stuff. This seemed like it was lacking that, so it was pretty much all girly stuff.

That said, I literally laughed out loud several times at Olaf. He was fucking hilarious.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I finally watched this. I'm generally a fan of Disney movies (but don't tell anyone, since I'm a single male in his 30s) but I didn't really enjoy this. It wasn't bad, but it just seemed like it was missing something. I've been thinking about it, and I think it might be the fact that it was basically "all princess."

Usually, Disney movies have some kind of princess so they can sell shit to the little girls, but there is also a cool villain or some other awesome, important character that balances out the girly stuff. This seemed like it was lacking that, so it was pretty much all girly stuff.

That said, I literally laughed out loud several times at Olaf. He was fucking hilarious.
Which is why almost every little girl is into this. It's a movie for girls without being called Barbie. Let's just accept the fact that nobody on this board is the target audience.