Divinity: Original Sin 2

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
That's like Grim Dawn's constellation, but somehow the UI is even worse at figuring out what to take to unlock further stuff. I guess the saving grace, maybe, is that you can't unspec like GD's, so you don't need to figure out how to most efficiently do it by taking some nodes which let you take stronger nodes that also reward the same ressources, then drop the old nodes since the new nodes "support themselves".

Overall looks nice enough but don't see myself replaying the game it was way too long and dragged on a fair bit in some places imo. Also I still have to play Pathfinder(and technically Pillars 2 which I dropped because I was really disapointed with it at release due to the lack of serious scaling so doing "everything" basically ruined the game due to being overleveled, I believe they fixed that but the idea of having to redo the start again when I did it twice already isn't that appealing). So probably won't touch D:OS again, I'll just wait for BG3 instead.

turbo

Molten Core Raider
So does the mod play well with other mods or do you have to disable all the other class mods etc? I tried to DL this week just on a whim to try and play to scratch a horrible itch i've been struggling to address the last few weeks but the graphics were all buggy on me so i deleted 5 mins later hah.

maybe i'll try from scratch with this.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
So does the mod play well with other mods or do you have to disable all the other class mods etc? I tried to DL this week just on a whim to try and play to scratch a horrible itch i've been struggling to address the last few weeks but the graphics were all buggy on me so i deleted 5 mins later hah.

maybe i'll try from scratch with this.
It's not very mod friendly, but there is a section in the google doc linked that talks about what it can work with. Class mods for example will generally work but they'll be overpowered because the AP costs aren't adjusted for the overhaul.

Break

Silver Baronet of the Realm
My last playthrough I played I think Lohse as a ranger and it worked pretty well. That elf rogue Sebille got ridiculously powerful by the last section of the game, anything I was able to get her near just croaked. There's one boss fight in the latter half of the game where I was able to nearly kill it in my opening sneak attack. I had The Red Prince as a tank and Fane as a mage/healer. Fane was mostly useless until mid/late game but I probably played him very badly. Red Prince was an HP sponge nothing more.

You probably want at least 1 undead because it makes certain parts of the game easier, they're immune to poison and also deathfog which opens some interesting possibilities, though it's a bit of a pain to heal them sometimes.

If you get into trouble, there's nothing much more OP than the teleport gloves/spells that can be used to cheese a lot encounters. I also found using metal crates to block vines and ladders sometimes let me murder one guy without the possibility of others coming to help. A bit cheesy but it works on most stuff. Try to get a Charm spell as early as possible, it's insanely powerful and they made Charm arrows a lot more rare compared to DoS1.

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
I found having a team (2 or 4) of physical damagers only was overall smoother and faster than mixing or magic only. Yes, undead for the win, with the shapeshift mask and immunity to death fog is very potent, especially in later game when you can use death fog barrels/crates to cheese a lot of encounters. Focusing on strength for physical melee guys will also allow to carry a lot of those crates later on.

velk

Trakanon Raider
Are there any super OP builds/teams for DOS 1 or 2? Never played either but own them both.

I can confirm this one, so I'd imagine the others the author did are also legit.

It's designed for soloing honor mode ( hardest difficulty plus 1 save and wipe = game over ), but you can use it in a two person party if you don't feel like putting any effort into combat ;p

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

velk

Trakanon Raider
I found having a team (2 or 4) of physical damagers only was overall smoother and faster than mixing or magic only. Yes, undead for the win, with the shapeshift mask and immunity to death fog is very potent, especially in later game when you can use death fog barrels/crates to cheese a lot of encounters. Focusing on strength for physical melee guys will also allow to carry a lot of those crates later on.

You can use Fane's mask regardless of what race you are. Death fog is the king of cheese though true, right from the starter boat ;p

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Played 1 and 2 on pc years ago. Playing DOS2 DE and almost through my Lohse playthrough on ps4pro, almost lvl 21 now. Thrashed The Mistake, onwards to Dallis!

...loading times are excruciating in the later acts even with an SSD, minutes. Should probably fire it up on ps5 for the honor mode playthrough. Sad face that BG3 is not on ps :/

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I couldn't finish this one, I made my character full on heals/protection and when it separated the party I of course picked my char and the fights were taking way to long due to me only being able to 1h melee them.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I’ve started, burned out, restarted, burned out on these so many times. I want to love them but can’t. Not sure what would make it better to get me to finish it. Probably some good mods out there are aimed at fixing that as I see it happens to people a lot on these.

• 4Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Caliane

yeah. retrospective on this. I also burned out mid act 3. The story slows down in a bad way. you get distracted by side quests, etc. rpgs like this can do that. you can have slow points, and open up the gameplay to adventures. but, it doesn't quite work well here. works better with world maps, and location based adventures. not, this contained zone with a bunch of areas, and quests really.

Another element is the bad end/pyrrhic storyline. I've complained about it in other games. and its an issue here too imho. it's not enjoyable to play these games and just have every storyline end with, well shits fucked, nothing you could have done.

Larian does have a bit of an issue with polishing the start of their games.. and having the rest be much less so.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
yeah. retrospective on this. I also burned out mid act 3. The story slows down in a bad way. you get distracted by side quests, etc. rpgs like this can do that. you can have slow points, and open up the gameplay to adventures. but, it doesn't quite work well here. works better with world maps, and location based adventures. not, this contained zone with a bunch of areas, and quests really.

Another element is the bad end/pyrrhic storyline. I've complained about it in other games. and its an issue here too imho. it's not enjoyable to play these games and just have every storyline end with, well shits fucked, nothing you could have done.

Larian does have a bit of an issue with polishing the start of their games.. and having the rest be much less so.

It's a shame too, because the first one was a masterpiece.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I beat this 4 times and OS1 about 6 times - When Baldurs Gate is completely il resume my beta campaign but i love these games.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

nisser

Trakanon Raider

I agree that the ending is meh...but what exactly was bad about the game from act3?

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I enjoyed my play through of this game from start to finish. I actually wanted more when it ended.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Izo

Tranny Chaser
I enjoyed my play through of this game from start to finish. I actually wanted more when it ended.
Mmm, I don't want to end it, at the Vredeman reveal. Tried a little Slay the Spire and now I'm lost in it, halp.

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>

yeah it's pretty annoyingly written, every ending comes with a "... BUT" and then some negative angle.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
The real story in the 2nd game is the Lohse quest, way more interesting and better written than the main story mostly.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user