Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness (2022)

phisey

Buzzfeed Editor
The What If stuff was pretty good. The only low points was when the comedy felt forced and lame, which happened quite a bit, but I just chalked that up to the nature of being an animated show and so aimed at slightly younger audiences.

But if they have Zombie Strange in this movie, I dunno what they else they wouldn't bring in from the What If show. They definitely portrayed the stakes of messing with reality at the very least.

Cybsled

The frat boy Thor was probably the most happy ending of the bunch, excluding the Ultron bit at the end (I count that differently because that wasn’t an in-universe ending like most of the others)

That episode also has the distinction of making Captain Marvel actually likable

phisey

Buzzfeed Editor
I'd say most of them were open-ended but the ones that weren't were definitely not happy.

Burns

All the What If...?s were episodic (standalone), right? So what are the top episodes or how would yall rank them? That way we can just skip the shit.

I thought Loki, Legion, and Daredevil were mediocre, so, mostly wrote off all the TV shows. People were really talking up Hawkeye, so finally gave that a shot, a few weeks ago, and liked it more than the others (including half of the movies). So kinda want to give the good episodes of What If...? a try.

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
1. Episode 4 Dr strange
2. Episode 8 Ultron wins
3. Episode 3 avengers lost
4. Episode 6/7??

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Why would they give away Professor X in the trailer? Surely that would have got a bigger omg than Daredevil

• 1Like

Homsar

Maybe to start up the rumor mill that X-Men/wolverine might be in it and create more buzz for the movie?

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
All the What If...?s were episodic (standalone), right? So what are the top episodes or how would yall rank them? That way we can just skip the shit.

I thought Loki, Legion, and Daredevil were mediocre, so, mostly wrote off all the TV shows. People were really talking up Hawkeye, so finally gave that a shot, a few weeks ago, and liked it more than the others (including half of the movies). So kinda want to give the good episodes of What If...? a try.
the first 3/4 of the season were all standalone, and at the end they pretty much turned that on its head which is the thing I mentioned above that I really didn't see coming. One of the best parts of the series IMO.
Can't imagine anyone would say the Dr. Strange episode wasn't the best of the lot. It's absolutely fantastic on every level. Aside from that I remember loving the last 2 of the season, but the rest were in the "pretty cool" camp. You can watch that Dr. Strange ep out of order and it won't impact things if you decide to give the whole series a shot.

• 1Like

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Why would they give away Professor X in the trailer? Surely that would have got a bigger omg than Daredevil
The Professor X thing had already sprung a quite sizeable leak on the websites I frequent, verging on totally confirmed at this point. They probably had little to lose in doing it the way they did with his voice only. It still stirred up shit in a positive way.

phisey

Buzzfeed Editor

I'd say watch the first couple and see if it's not worth it for you. Most of us responding are already inclined to like the show so our opinions wouldn't be all that useful.

But I think if you aren't feeling it by episode 3/4 it's safe to say don't bother.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Homsar

the first 3/4 of the season were all standalone, and at the end they pretty much turned that on its head which is the thing I mentioned above that I really didn't see coming. One of the best parts of the series IMO.
Can't imagine anyone would say the Dr. Strange episode wasn't the best of the lot. It's absolutely fantastic on every level. Aside from that I remember loving the last 2 of the season, but the rest were in the "pretty cool" camp. You can watch that Dr. Strange ep out of order and it won't impact things if you decide to give the whole series a shot.
Final episode with Ultron was where you need to watch all previous episodes kinda right?

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Final episode with Ultron was where you need to watch all previous episodes kinda right?
Yeah, you'd want to know what happened in all of them for that. The entire season really did matter.

Cybsled

Ya the final 2 episodes all require the prior episodes to really understand some of the plot points

The What Ifs were all mostly decent. I think the first couple suffer for a few reasons. The "What if Peggy Carter got the Serum?" wasn't bad per say, but it was basically "let's retell Captain America 1 and replace Steve with Peggy" for the most part so it didn't really play with the idea as much as it could have. The "what if T'Challa became Starlord?" was probably the weakest of the bunch unless you treat it more like a comedy (which it sort of was), although I did like the ending scene.

The zombies episode was also kind of odd tone-wise. Like it's this horrible event and everyone is either nonchalant about everything happening around them, or forcing jokes at bad times. It's like that "Oh no! Anyways..." meme, but for 80% of the episode lol

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
The Professor X thing had already sprung a quite sizeable leak on the websites I frequent, verging on totally confirmed at this point. They probably had little to lose in doing it the way they did with his voice only. It still stirred up shit in a positive way.

I find it odd they can keep DD a secret and not X

j00t

i mean, it's clearly a marketing move, but not for the movie itself, just for the trailer. i mean, is there anyone who was like, i wasn't going to see the movie at all BUT THEN PROFESSOR X I'M ALL IN NOW!

i think at this point the MCU could just put out a trailer with nothing but white text on a black background that said the name of the movie and the release date and it'd still get the same money at the box office

• 1Like

Fadaar

That guy
im just gonna assume Prof X was something they knew wouldnt stay under wraps

• 1Like

Homsar

I just think Prof x inst something huge, I was more surprised seeing them bringing out evil Strange

phisey

Buzzfeed Editor
That's the Illuminati then right? Who else would be in it? Tony and Reed Richards?