Doctor Who

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
At first I thought she was another old companion who had maybe parted on bad terms or had forgotten about the Dr (she made a comment that she'd hoped to never see another call box again). But I looked her up and other than playing an alien a few years back, that actress hasn't been in Dr Who before. I'm leaning towards an old nemesis like the master or valeyard or any of the dozens I don't remember because the toymaker hinted at another that he would not play games with. But I cannot explain why she didn't recognize the tardis at first. Perhaps it was forgetfullness at first, then when she saw it in action, she was shocked and dropped her bags. That could have been when she realized it and got very happy.

Your theory is sound but I think davies usually goes bigger than that. She could also be related to amy Pond and River song with a name like Flood.

She was in one of the major soaps here for a long time. Well known and loved actress. Also, she’s married to Brian May.

• 1Mother of God
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
Also every older mystery female is The Rani.

RTD liked to bring back revamped old enemies once a season.

• 2Like

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Also every older mystery female is The Rani.

RTD liked to bring back revamped old enemies once a season.

The Rani would be a good call but the BBC don’t own the rights to the character iirc. Unless something has changed with Mouse money then unlikely to be her.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Trapped in Randomonia>
New companion has huge tits for her body size, can't stop staring at them. Looks like I'm watching this.

Episode was OK.

Yup, decent ratio, so the show is watchable in a way.

corries-millie-gibson-spa-break-805980978.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fucker

Log Wizard
Ep #2 up. Bad guy is Bette Midler. Kind of hilarious in that Davies is probably the only homo on the planet who doesn't love her.

Kind of a shit episode. Not as bad as the last Dawktuh, but also pretty bad all the same.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Anyone actually watching the new flaming dr whose?

I barely got through Capaldi. Certainly didn't watch Dr axe wound.

Dr Axe wound was better than capaldi. Her companions were some of the worst ever.

I will be watching. I just forgot about it. I gotta watch it on disney now, right?

Chris

Potato del Grande
So it's two episodes of this then Eurovision on BBC tonight, I think I'm going to be downloading grindr after this.

• 2Worf

Chris

Potato del Grande
We are reaching unsurvivable levels of cringe. It's like a szicho wrote that second episode. I don't know what genre this is or what the point is.

Trigger Warnings:

General:
Zesty Gay Black Man
Breaking of 4th Wall

Episode 1:
Abortion
Refugees

Episode 2:
Non Binary Tranny
References to Gay Foster Mother and Gay Friend

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
I haven't had time to watch and could care less about the trigger issues, my question is "So far, is there any kind of season arc?"

The best stories from the last 10 years usually had a good multi storyline arc, in my opinion.

Wilfred with four knocks for example.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I haven't had time to watch and could care less about the trigger issues, my question is "So far, is there any kind of season arc?"

The best stories from the last 10 years usually had a good multi storyline arc, in my opinion.

Wilfred with four knocks for example.
Yes.

1) There's something going on with Ruby Sunday and her being dropped off at the church at birth. She has some sort of secret/hidden power and it was part of both episodes.

2) Cosmic entities have been unleashed somehow and more are coming. Toymaker in the regeneration special who is the "God of Games" and his tranny daughter Maestro in episode 2 who is the "God of Music".

3) The Doctor being an orphan from Timeless Children and Gallifrey being gone is mentioned in both episodes. Not sure if this is a story arc or just exposition for new viewers.

The problem is that the episodes are so cheesy and cringe that I'm not sure if I can see it through to the end. It's better than the boring Whittaker and Capaldi episodes, it's interesting... it's just too zany and the 4th wall breaks make it a fucking joke.

Like... the Dr Who theme is in episode 2...

Episode 3 looks like it may be Skaro so will watch that and make a decision on how much more I'll watch.

Last edited:

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
Yes.

1) There's something going on with Ruby Sunday and her being dropped off at the church at birth. She has some sort of secret/hidden power and it was part of both episodes.

2) Cosmic entities have been unleashed somehow and more are coming. Toymaker in the regeneration special who is the "God of Games" and his daughter Maestro in episode 2 who is the "God of Music".

3) The Doctor being an orphan from Timeless Children and Gallifrey being gone is mentioned in both episodes. Not sure if this is a story arc or just exposition for new viewers.

The problem is that the episodes are so cheesy and cringe that I'm not sure if I can see it through to the end. It's better than the boring Whittaker and Capaldi episodes, it's interesting... it's just too zany and the 4th wall breaks make it a fucking joke.

Like... the Dr Who theme is in episode 2...

Episode 3 looks like it may be Skaro so will watch that and make a decision on how much more I'll watch.
Perfect, thank you!

velk

Trakanon Raider

Yeah, it's the same kind of thing as the specials - the kid's show aspect has been dialed up from probably to a 9/10 instead of a 4/10. So a lot of the stuff is things that would be fun/funny for 8 year olds.

Really great kid's stuff doesn't insult your intelligence for watching - this is not the case here.

velk

Trakanon Raider
We are reaching unsurvivable levels of cringe. It's like a szicho wrote that second episode. I don't know what genre this is or what the point is.

Trigger Warnings:

Episode 1:
Abortion

Wait, hold up here, you thought 'Space Babies' was a pro-abortion argument ? Seriously ?

Chris

Potato del Grande
Wait, hold up here, you thought 'Space Babies' was a pro-abortion argument ? Seriously ?
There was a line about how the planet had a law that forced the babies to be born but cut the budgets so they wouldn't be looked after. This is a common pro-abortion critisism of Republicans who are anti abortion and anti welfare.

Of course continuing the pro abortion argument would mean killing the babies in the pods and having cute babies everywhere doesn't really help either, so overall the episode feels more anti abortion though that's not intended.

They then had a line about how a nearby planet was a sanctuary planet that would take in refugees, but only if they arrived at the border, they wouldn't come get them.

So yeah... modern politics.