Doctor Who

Jait

Molten Core Raider
The statement is too vague. Could just mean we will get a young female from the past or the future. With all the fan girl love of Doctor Who my bet is a metrosexual 20 something dude to make up for the lack of young Doctor.
That was my take as well.

I think I remember him saying with Clara we were getting something we had never gotten before. Whatever it was he said, it had people speculating we were getting a Dalek companion among other whacky ideas.

I think the main thing to take from his statement, if anything, is we aren't getting the teenage love story companion this time around.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Russel T Davis would have given us a bisexual futuregirl so Moffat will do the opposite.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Davies gave us a chav, her white trash mother, and pussy boyfriend. And sadly those were all better than Freema. I liked Tate though, but that's mainly because I'm old and like her brand of Comedy, it's very French and Saunders'esque.

I think Capaldi would do very well with a small troupe of companions like Davidson did. That Time Heist episode made me think it would work.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I meant if he was doing a character from another time. Rose and the other one were shit.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Yeah, Davies was incapable of giving us a "straight" character. We get it, you're gay Davies.

edit: well obviously not "incapable", but damn close. I think he even made Shakespeare bi-sexual. Was half expecting there to be a gay Dalek or Cyberman at some point.

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
Yea, I really would like to see 2+ companions with Capaldi. I think he does better in groups. The interaction in Time Heist was great, as stated above. Plus, it lets them have a budding romance plot if they so choose, between the companions themselves.

When Danny Pink was announced, I really thought he'd join the adventures himself, and we'd have Danny + Clara as a new kind of Amy + Rory, but with a completely different dynamic. I still think that's a better route to go.

Grizzlebeard_sl

shitlord
So apparently we will be getting a new companion next year and..."Not a young female from the present day."
Hopefully not Madame Vastra and co.

I have a hunch it may be Miranda Hart. She recently announced she is winding up her sitcom so she'll have plenty of free time. Additionally, she can do no wrong with the BBC or middle-class UK and there's already been a precedent set by Catherine Tate for a comedy actress to take the part.

Aegil_sl

shitlord

I have a hunch it may be Miranda Hart. She recently announced she is winding up her sitcom so she'll have plenty of free time. Additionally, she can do no wrong with the BBC or middle-class UK and there's already been a precedent set by Catherine Tate for a comedy actress to take the part.
Honestly, I would totally watch a Strax spinoff.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

miranda hart looks like adam sandler as jill in jack and jill

Chris

Potato del Grande
NO.

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
I am probably late to this fucking party but did anyone else not know that was the finale until the christmas episode? ugh.
They do that every year, but yea.. the season seemed to go by pretty quick for some reason. I knew when i saw part 1.

iannis

Musty Nester
British contracts are weird.

It's not weird that she would change her mind, or that the producers of the show would want her to stay. It's weird that that is possible.