Does nearly everyone under 24 seem autistic to you?

Does nearly everyone under 24 seem autistic to you?

• Yes

Votes: 109 65.3%
  • No

Votes: 58 34.7%

• Total voters

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I was going to expand upon the title but it seems pretty self-explanatory.

Growing up, I used to think I was awkward and weird, and now seeing these kids it's like... seriously, what the fuck.

• 4Like
  • 2Hodjing
Reactions: 5 users

Titan_Atlas

Deus Vult
<Banned>
I think they are the most self absorbed group yet. Cell phones really did a number on humanity. The generations that have grown up attached to a phone are horrible.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
stop being a fucking old shit. Everyone is autistic and always has been.

• 1Like

Sentagur

Low and to the left
<Silver Donator>
The best part is when they try to sell you some BS and think you are buying it and all i want to say to them is "Dude i did the same exact shit when i was your age, who are you trying screw?"

• 1Like

khorum

Murder Apologist

Growing up, I used to think I was awkward and weird, and now seeing these kids it's like... seriously, what the fuck.

No. It's just their platform has changed. If anything the fucking millennials are the most socially engaged generation we've seen yet. It's that you don't really see it unless you're as immersed in Instagram, Twitter and Snapchat as they are.

There was a study on how Tinder was supposedly changing hookup culture but it turns out it was just facilitating a hookup culture that had been emerging already.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor

There is a statistically measurable increase in narcissism. But I don't see them as awkward and weird, no. They are just morons, like we were morons when we were that age. Half the shit I did then still now embarrasses me. It's like every time I had a big plan and older folks rolled their eyes--I get it now. I get it. Experience is a hell of thing, you see patterns repeat through the years, and you know how something will turn out 9 times out of 10...Wisdom is like being able to see into the future.

And the thing is? Young kids do not have that. It's why they appear retarded, but no, I don't think they are anymore retarded than we were. The small group of them which are ridiculous narcissists though and as manipulative as the Yuppies being portrayed in American Psycho? Yeah, they are an issue..

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Agraza

Registered Hutt
No. Don't give in to the old person's curse of being overly critical of young adults. I've met plenty of smart, "normal" ones. They just don't consider all the things they shouldn't do, as older people do. They vomit words and actions, and most of it is lame like most human thought. Older people just refrain from acting and speaking and learn to paint within the lines. They will too, but they'll move the lines a bit.

I have yet to find an age group or other cross-section of people I like especially. I can talk to 50+ and -20s in the same way. I do pick and choose which ones I talk to as most people are dull, tedious, mean-spirited, lazy, religious, etc.

My favorite thing about young people is the relative lack of religious belief. It's wonderful. They didn't necessarily fill that void with anything useful, but I'll take what I can get. Hopefully the religious litmus test for US politicians will die in my lifetime. These narcissistic "entrepreneurs" will help us get there.

iannis

Musty Nester
There are some real dumbshit ones, but there are also plenty that you can see will figure it out given some time.

The dumbshit ones are more annoying than I was though.

• 1Like

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
My favorite thing about young people is the relative lack of religious belief. It's wonderful. They didn't necessarily fill that void with anything useful, but I'll take what I can get. Hopefully the religious litmus test for US politicians will die in my lifetime. These narcissistic "entrepreneurs" will help us get there.

Thing is, they have replaced it with another style of religion. The ones I sometimes see that are screaming with the SJW stuff? Are pretty much the exact same crowd in previous generations that would have been standing on a corner with a bible. It's made me sad. It, I think, gives credence to Durkhiem that humans are hard wired to need ideological beliefs. Maybe not a god, but an effective ideology that can tell them how to act and what to do.

I don't think young people are dumb. But I'm really afraid their new style religion among the narcissistic crowd will be pretty damaging just because it's a kind that people aren't familiar with...At least when someone starts dropping God or "Have a few minutes to talk about Jesus", you instantly know to be on the defensive. Most people though are pretty disarmed when it comes to "Have a few minutes to discuss white privilege?"

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
I see things not being a ton different than it was when I was that age. Cell phones and social media make it easier to document bad shit that used to be ignored in the past or only kept among friends. Subsequently, the same mediums and devices allow retards to have a very loud voice, make it easier for others mock them and make it easy for the said retard to find a resonance chamber to spout their shit and nod their heads with others made from the same cloth.

Funny that as the Internet brings about so much information it also brings about the means to ignore it and feed on only what you want. Ironic that in the information age people are just as ignorant as in the past, difference being now they choose to remain ignorant.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

khorum

Murder Apologist
It's like every time I had a big plan and older folks rolled their eyes--I get it now. I get it...Wisdom is like being able to see into the future.

It's funny you mention that because there's one aspect of the Millennials' social-media "advantage" that's unprecedented and it's actively deforming their society: There's a social media refuge for every retarded fucking idea they come up with. I mentioned this on the old threads as a snark, but it's coming round to be a MASSIVE shift to their social dynamic.

No previous generation ever had a ready army of like-minded deviants ready to confirm all their biases, regardless of how stupid it may be. Back when you told your folks that you had a big plan to start a pet-rock nursery service and spend your college fund start it up, they'd just roll their eyes and laugh and you'd realize you're being a dumbfuck.

Now, some 16 year-old decides that xhe's soul bound to a final fantasy character and wants to chop off his dick to actualize his self-identity, THERE'S A TUMBLR FOR THAT, and the social stigma and the risk of becoming a pariah that would've restrained that behavior in previous generations are greatly diminished.

No wonder the rates of clinical narcissism is off the charts for the entire generation.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Thing is, they have replaced it with another style of religion. The ones I sometimes see that are screaming with the SJW stuff? Are pretty much the exact same crowd in previous generations that would have been standing on a corner with a bible. It's made me sad. It, I think, gives credence to Durkhiem that humans are hard wired to need ideological beliefs. Maybe not a god, but an effective ideology that can tell them how to act and what to do.

I don't think young people are dumb. But I'm really afraid their new style religion among the narcissistic crowd will be pretty damaging just because it's a kind that people aren't familiar with...At least when someone starts dropping God or "Have a few minutes to talk about Jesus", you instantly know to be on the defensive. Most people though are pretty disarmed when it comes to "Have a few minutes to discuss white privilege?"
Yea, but I don't see them having an ecumenical council to bring forth one doctrine. I think they'll always be mired in heresies. The regressive left is its own worst enemy. I'm not saying sit by and let them implode. Keep poking them of course, but intersectionality will eventually fail and have the disparate groups criticizing each other.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
It's funny you mention that because there's one aspect of the Millennials' social-media "advantage" that's unprecedented and it's actively deforming their society: There's a social media refuge for every retarded fucking idea they come up with. I mentioned this on the old threads as a snark, but it's coming round to be a MASSIVE shift to their social dynamic.

No previous generation ever had a ready army of like-minded deviants ready to confirm all their biases, regardless of how stupid it may be. Back when you told your folks that you had a big plan to start a pet-rock nursery service and spend your college fund start it up, they'd just roll their eyes and laugh and you'd realize you're being a dumbfuck.

Now, some 16 year-old decides that xhe's soul bound to a final fantasy character and wants to chop off his dick to actualize his self-identity, THERE'S A TUMBLR FOR THAT, and the social stigma and the risk of becoming a pariah that would've restrained that behavior in previous generations are greatly diminished.

No wonder the rates of clinical narcissism is off the charts for the entire generation.

My favorite part is they've now made a voluntary platform where they suffer from bullying so they have to form some anti-bullying groups to combat their voluntary exposure to 'unsafe' behavior. Lulz.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
This is a test of the public warning system. These copy pastas do not belong in "real" threads.
Tito climbed into Reggie's room and immediately punched her in the face, knocking her out cold. Upon awakening Reggie found herself bound and gagged to a chair. Tito was naked, standing in front of her with a big Hawaii boner staring her in the face. "As the ancient Hawaiians used to say...it's time for a dicking!" And at that, Tito leaped forward and grabbed Reggie's undeveloped breast. He grabbed with all his might, and ripped the skin from her body. Her muffled screams fell flat, and no one came to her help. The blood aroused Tito more than he'd ever been aroused. It reminded him of the stories his mother used to tell him of the ancient Hawaiian sacrifices in which the subjects would receive wounds to which the sacrificers would rape. He couldn't wait, Tito grabbed a hammer and smashed at Reggie's ribcage, again her screams were not heard. After breaking an opening to her insides, Tito plunged in. He thrust in and out in complete ecstasy. The pain was unbearable for Reggie and she lost consciousness. Tito came almost immediately, but he was by no means done. He pulled out of her chest, his PENIS dripping blood and semen. Tito cleaned his dick off with Reggie's tongue. Tito tore out a few of the ribs he had broken and shoved them up his ass to stimulate his enormous prostate. Tito then undid Reggie's restraints and began fucking her now lifeless corpse. After deploying his Hawaiian happy sauce, he decided he wanted a better look at Reggie. Tito shoved his hand up Reggie's ass. He thrust it in as far as he could and grabbed on to the first organ he could, and then pulled out. He ripped out her entire small intestine and part of her large. Tito started to giggle and coiled up the small intestine like a rope. He noticed the sun was coming up so he had to finish in a hurry. Tito went to his clothes and dressed himself. He pulled a large knife from his pocket and began to skin Reggie's body. Just then Tito remembered, he was not man, but bear. He Skinned himself to reveal his true identity, a Grizzly Bear. He sat in the center of the room for several hours until Reggie's father came in. "Reggie it's time for schoo-HOLY FUCKING SHIT A BEAR OH MY GOD REGGI-" and Tito attacked and ate Ray. Then Tito went outside and let out a bear noise and a ray came from the sky and swept him away to his home planet of Canada.

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Julian The Apostate

Vyemm Raider
The children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise. Children are now tyrants, not the servants of their households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room. They contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up dainties at the table, cross their legs, and tyrannize their teachers. -Socrates

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users