DOTA 2

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Dazzle is up there for being really nasty with him.

Late game you can bounce epic waves off his illusions if you get some steam going.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, from the stompy game 1, to the surprising game 2 to the tiniest things in game 3, that series went all the way. It's actually rather nice to see that new teams can still come and give the old kings a run for their money.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yes, if he maxes spirit lance first. Not if he maxes dopplewalk first, then you just have a weak lane with minimal kill potential and weak harass (assuming opponents can dodge illuminate). That was Zaphid's point.
yeah I was more or less agreeing with him and emphasizing the stupidness of that guy. Whenever I play PL sometimes I wont even get dopplewalk til like level 5.

Nice to see how people who can't be bothered to read or learn games cope with the old classics.

(Whether he is or isn't good)
His guides are satirical.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
yeah I was more or less agreeing with him and emphasizing the stupidness of that guy. Whenever I play PL sometimes I wont even get dopplewalk til like level 5.

What else you get? stats ? the passive is crap until you are 6+

Just got matched against v1lat (russian starladder caster) when queuing on EU-W :-/ solo lane lina vs mortred+rubbick, that wasn't pretty. Still, fucking russians everywhere.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE

He is a singular, I referred to the plural -- "people like this" depicted in his comic.

I completely appreciate his satire and yeah I'm sure this is how most people act when they find out they have to "learn stuff" about the game.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
What else you get? stats ? the passive is crap until you are 6+

Just got matched against v1lat (russian starladder caster) when queuing on EU-W :-/ solo lane lina vs mortred+rubbick, that wasn't pretty. Still, fucking russians everywhere.
No, his passive basically guarantees you can jungle before level 6. It's actually really strong. PL is probably one of my strongest heroes, 72% win rate with him. Basically what I try to do is push out safe lane by just auto attacking creep and spawning illusions, harass with Q, once lane is pushed, move to safe camp in jungle kill, back to lane kill, mid camp, lane, safe etc. Once you get diffussal game's pretty much a GG. only times I really run in to this strat is if I get like 2x usra warrior camp.

Elerion

N00b
Lance / Doppel / Lance seems like the nobrainer choice for the first 3 levels. A single level of the passive won't help you nearly as much as the early escape of Doppelwalk. Lance is required to maintain any sort of offensive threat.

I can see picking up the passive at level 4 though. Not so much for the immediate effect (you'll rarely have more than 1 illusion up at a time at that point), but because it allows you to push/jungle efficiently when you pick up your ulti at level 6.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Depends on the game I guess, but 1-6 it's definitely better to just freeze the lane in front of your tower and farm safely, once you have something like aquilla+tranquil boots, you have a lot more wiggle room, not to mention all the extra armor from his agi. Later you definitely should be autoattacking and sending your illusions to farm jungle, but I feel like that's more of a backup plan.

PL in pub is pretty good hero thanks to his escape and his nuke, which let's you get kills from the get go and thus makes you less farm dependant, compared to say FV or AM. Same reason why I think PA is so good here, they can dish out noticeable amount of damage if you have decent support, like Lina or CM and the levels make you even stronger in turn. He has one of the best escapes in the whole game, you have nobody to blame for your early death but yourself. Even if you get mauled in early game, you can always somehow come back

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
You don't send his illusions to go jungle, you go jungle with his illusions tanking while lane is pushed. This is the pub stomp strat and has worked very well for me. if I have someone pulling lane and denying xp etc that things change.

Elerion

N00b
If you pick passive at level 2 you have a 12% chance per hit to spawn an illusion that lasts 20 seconds, and an attack speed of ~0.75 attacks/second. You'll spend ~10 seconds running to the safe medium camp from a pushed lane before boots, so anything but a fresh illusion will be almost dead by the time you get there. The chances of you having 1-2 fresh illusions just as you finish clearing a creep wave are pretty dang low. Similarly, you're far from guaranteed to spawn another illusion before the first dies from the neutrals, considering it takes 350% damage. I don't see the point. If you don't have someone pulling, you'd be just as well off just doing the pulls yourself while lane is pushed.

Picking a second level of the passive at level 4 is even worse. The chances of you having more than 2 illusions up at that point are miniscule.

I'd stick to picking one level of Juxtapose at level 4 or waiting until 7/8 depending on threat level in lane.

an accordion_sl

shitlord
Streaks like this make me want to quit
Life's hard

rrr_img_7357.jpg

also was anyone watching merlini's stream just now?

rrr_img_7357.jpg

Ridas

Pay to play forum
I have a few invitations to give away, if anyone is interested. Just pm.

Sulrn

Deuces
So is there any point to keeping half a page of inventory full of chests (Dr/DK/BS/Sv/Urs/Chr) if you never plan on buying keys?

At least with items you can delete for a % at a better item...