DOTA 2

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
TI will keep some version of its robust group stage. The fact TI's group stage is so much bigger, justifies the loser's bracket main event seeding as well. When the group stage lets you avoid the BO1 Death for bottom 4 placement, that's a really shitty way to go out of the main event, but you can't feel bad given the opportunity the group stage provides to escape the bottom 8.

No they did not pick, Secret was the top seed because they dropped no games, VP dropped 1. Likewise SG won 1 game total, but IGV won 2. This is why they were 16/15 There was no picking who they played.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Oh, maybe? I thought it was just top vs bottom. If that's the case nevermind lol.

I thought you got to pick who you go against pick order was where you came in out of group stages. I could be completely wrong though and you might be right. Can't remember where I read that.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
TI will keep some version of its robust group stage. The fact TI's group stage is so much bigger, justifies the loser's bracket main event seeding as well. When the group stage lets you avoid the BO1 Death for bottom 4 placement, that's a really shitty way to go out of the main event, but you can't feel bad given the opportunity the group stage provides to escape the bottom 8.

No they did not pick, Secret was the top seed because they dropped no games, VP dropped 1. Likewise SG won 1 game total, but IGV won 2. This is why they were 16/15 There was no picking who they played.

I think losers bracket is fine for TI.

Thanks for clarification on picking i'm not sure why I had that in my head

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
I was going to lament before the matchup that the brackets sorta suck since we'd lose either EG or Secret before the finals. Now we could lose both haha.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I watched g1, went out for a few beers, come back and the secret is out ? The fuck ?!

This is like the biggest upset since Frankfurt Major.

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
I fucking slept through Secret getting Braziled? Wow... was it just shit drafting by Puppey or did they play bad too?

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I watched g1, went out for a few beers, come back and the secret is out ? The fuck ?!

This is like the biggest upset since Frankfurt Major.

Watch game 2 and 3 though, or skip through them. There were some incredible plays.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I fucking slept through Secret getting Braziled? Wow... was it just shit drafting by Puppey or did they play bad too?
Haha me too, I was like oh well I dont want to watch Brazil get curbstomped so I will take a nap. Missed the lulz apparently :(

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think Secret have the better players by far too. I think the G3 draft was hilarious, as well as the plays they made. Oh this Slark is 6 slotted with a refresher, lets blow everything on him while his team catches up and wombos us.

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
I think Liquid pulling the stomps out of their ass halfway into Game 2 and Game 3 of Newbee was a fluke. Liquid has not been on form for a while.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I don't know what Liquid pulled out of their ass this time, but it's working. Those last 10 minutes were brilliant.

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
I had Secret vs IG in the finals.... oh dear, my bracket.

This is a fucking disaster for IG.

And then Liquid throw it all awayyyyy!

Thanks for the save Xxs!

Last edited:

Del

Vyemm Raider