DOTA 2

nisser

Trakanon Raider
I just finished watching the finals. What a fun set of games. It seems OG understands timings and team composition better than anyone because (other than ana) I wouldn't say any of their players are mechanically at the top. Even topson I think is overrated skillwise - he seems to just do well given how unorthodox his play is since he's so new to the scene.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Julian The Apostate

Vyemm Raider
This has been one of the funnest patches to watch I can remember. The talents make for some fun power spikes at random times, no super annoying hero metas or strats. Makes for some great dota.

• 1Like

Cybsled

Team Liquid (players) left the org. Sounds like Kuroky wants to make a player owned org, like OG or Secret.

Julian The Apostate

Vyemm Raider

New EG roster - Feels weird man

1-RTZ
2- Abed
3- Ramzes
4- Crit
5- Fly

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Can't say I'm much of an EG fan anymore. They are an NA team in organization only. As for NA players, they have one Canadian.

RTZ is a Ewing Theory player. S4 never really took to the Offlaner role. Cr1t is very over rated and hasn't proven he can be a leader. I don't even know if Fly is good at Dota. Ramzes in the 3 position could be a disaster. And the whole team is putting their hopes, dreams and trust in Abed who has had the least amount of tournament success of all of them.

Bye EG.

Julian The Apostate

Vyemm Raider
Can't say I'm much of an EG fan anymore. They are an NA team in organization only. As for NA players, they have one Canadian.

RTZ is a Ewing Theory player. S4 never really took to the Offlaner role. Cr1t is very over rated and hasn't proven he can be a leader. I don't even know if Fly is good at Dota. Ramzes in the 3 position could be a disaster. And the whole team is putting their hopes, dreams and trust in Abed who has had the least amount of tournament success of all of them.

Bye EG.
I agree with everything except I think Crit is a amazing dota player, but not captain. I’m interested to watch this team. I wonder how they are going to distribute farm between the cores. I like S4 but the only way I see him continuing playing pro dota is if he can successfully transition into a support, shot caller role like Kuroky or notail did. He would be a great person to lead a young team.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Hah, okay....

– Smurfs: Dota 2 being a free-to-play game introduces various matchmaking related challenges. One option we have thought about is having Ranked access have a one time entry cost, and that access can be lost for players who regularly ruin games. We may also grandfather in users that we have enough data on, but we haven’t gone too deep in assessing the details here. We aren’t sure if we need this as a solution yet either, we hope that other solutions can have a good effect at improving the matchmaking ecosystem.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I have one steam account and every Dota game I have ever played is on that one. Sometimes, I get frustrated as fuck and I could see the appeal of making a smurf account and starting over against noobs I could curbstomp... then I realize I am an adult with a career and a life, and those thoughts go out the window.

I don't know what they should do. The phone number thing was an attempt at something, but they acknowledge that there were lots of ways around that and it didn't really do much except further exploits.

Sometimes their team shuffle seems a bit fucked. Like putting 4 Archons and 1 Legendary on a team against 4 Legendary's and 1 Archon. Seems like balancing that should be about as easy as it gets. But then they start talking about how pairing an Immortal mid against the other teams Archon mid could be much more detrimental to the game (to which I agree) than any sort of rank imbalance, and I start to understand their challenges better.

I don't have any answers, but things like Ranked-Roles was a tremendous addition to the game. It starts you out on the right foot with the strangers you get paired with, rather than the opposite. That was the best thing they have done recently.

Needless

Toe Sucker
I'm awaiting the day that games start making you submit your SIN/SSN and full birth information in order to play in ranked versions of their games. Then when people make fake accounts they get charged with Identity theft and shit kek

• 1Like

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I like S4 but the only way I see him continuing playing pro dota is if he can successfully transition into a support, shot caller role like Kuroky or notail did. He would be a great person to lead a young team.
Back in the day, when he would still try-hard pug with Bulldog, he would direct the entire team from the mid-laner position. He was calm, cool, and kept everyone on-point about what they should be doing at any given time. He was the only one Bulldog would even shut up and listen to, lol. He could totally take on that role in the 5-spot with a bunch of young up and comers... but he is probably just done.

I hope these old-guard players that are starting to fall off were smart with their money.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm awaiting the day that games start making you submit your SIN/SSN and full birth information in order to play in ranked versions of their games. Then when people make fake accounts they get charged with Identity theft and shit kek

I honestly don't see the problem with this. It also helps regulate things like if you wanted to play cash games too. You want to play anon you play unranked. Not a big deal.

Cybsled

The chances of that happening in the US without a government mandate are practically zero, though. Plus, do you really want to give your SSN to a bunch of different publishers/developers? fuck that

Cybsled

Midas Mode 2 teams announced. He is getting TI1 Navi and TI3 Alliance rosters to compete in it lol

• 1Like

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Is that the one where they get challenges, like "kill your own teammate", for extra tournament points?

Cybsled

Ya. This year they will also have audience members control roshan with a VR setup and control creeps lol

• 1Worf

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The chances of that happening in the US without a government mandate are practically zero, though. Plus, do you really want to give your SSN to a bunch of different publishers/developers? fuck that

Considering my SSN was leaked a long time ago by assholes and all I got was 150$ (which they won't honor anymore anyway), yea I don't have a problem with it. Steam has one of the most secure IT infrastructures as far as things go from what I've seen.

But I hear ya. It'd never happen in the US without something happening in government first. Although I can see sweeping changes coming in the next 10 years, because all I can say is people haven't seen shit yet.

• 1Like