DOTA 2

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
If your wizard level ticket acquisition skills are still intact, I'd be there in a second. We had a great run. Really enjoyed TI's in Seattle!

Between my spine surgery and son being born I'll see if I can squeeze it in :p

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I want to go back to TI, but this year is bad timing. Also, the fact that it is in October now, rather than August makes things more difficult. Maybe next year...

Me and my group of friends are still loving the game, even after the dramatic changes of 7.33 . It is encouraging that they continue to find ways to make the 10+ year old game feel new again.

• 1Like

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I want to go back to TI, but this year is bad timing. Also, the fact that it is in October now, rather than August makes things more difficult. Maybe next year...

Me and my group of friends are still loving the game, even after the dramatic changes of 7.33 . It is encouraging that they continue to find ways to make the 10+ year old game feel new again.

Yeah, with our new baby coming in September it wouldn't be possible this year, but hopefully next just for fun and old time's sake.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Group stages are done and the main event is set. 16 teams advance to Seattle Pledge Arena and 4 go home with a measly $30k in their pockets.

Team Spirit has been unstoppable so far, as they haven't dropped a single match. Liquid and LGD have also had a very strong showing so far.

Hero's and Picks:
  • Most contested (picks/bans) hero's: Treant Protector (89), Pangolier (88), Dazzle (87)
  • Most wins: Muerta (18), Chaos Knight (17), Phoenix (16)
  • Best win % (over 10 matches): Spectre (80%), Dazzle (69%), Primal Beast (67%)
  • Biggest losers: Vengeful Spirit (20), Pangolier (18), Shadow Demon (18)
  • Each Sides Win %: Radiant 59% vs Dire 41%
  • Unpicked/Unbanned Hero's: Abaddon, Dragon Knight, Leshrac, Lion, Magnus, Meepo, Phantom Lancer, Shadow Shaman, Slardar, Timbersaw, Tinker, Winter Wyvern
  • Avg Match Length: ~41 Mins
Main Event matches start again at 10am PST on Friday.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Needless

Toe Sucker
how the fuck did they manage to make tha radiant/dire win rate even worse with the map remake LOL

also this year is chinas year baby, please let my boy Fy get his TI win

• 1WTF
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 1 users

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Agreed. 5% variance for a smaller sample size (100 games) seems reasonable, but a 59/41 split probably speaks to a balance issue.

I wonder if it is the day/night cycle and which comes first to start the game and hits timings where you are strong enough to take down Rosh?

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Had no idea there was some DOTA peeps on these boards. Never played a single game, but got into watching it a lot over the last year or so. Has the win rate always been slanted Radiant/Dire side? Though obviously not this much, I'm assuming.

Cybsled

Dire always had a slight advantage historically, but usually it was like a 2% difference. Something closer to 20% is insane

Talos

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I don't understand the appeal of watching vs playing. Sounds like cuckoldry.

edit: Cybsled Cybsled I started playing back in '04 when it was a wc3 custom map. Moved on to Dota 2 when it came out. In all that time, nearly 20 years now, not once did I ever think "This would be more fun to watch than play."

I don't get it.

Last edited:
  • 1Edgelord

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Group stages are done and the main event is set. 16 teams advance to Seattle Pledge Arena and 4 go home with a measly $30k in their pockets.

Team Spirit has been unstoppable so far, as they haven't dropped a single match. Liquid and LGD have also had a very strong showing so far.

Hero's and Picks:
  • Most contested (picks/bans) hero's: Treant Protector (89), Pangolier (88), Dazzle (87)
  • Most wins: Muerta (18), Chaos Knight (17), Phoenix (16)
  • Best win % (over 10 matches): Spectre (80%), Dazzle (69%), Primal Beast (67%)
  • Biggest losers: Vengeful Spirit (20), Pangolier (18), Shadow Demon (18)
  • Each Sides Win %: Radiant 59% vs Dire 41%
  • Unpicked/Unbanned Hero's: Abaddon, Dragon Knight, Leshrac, Lion, Magnus, Meepo, Phantom Lancer, Shadow Shaman, Slardar, Timbersaw, Tinker, Winter Wyvern
  • Avg Match Length: ~41 Mins
Main Event matches start again at 10am PST on Friday.
Wait 30k a team? Thats beyond shit compared to what it was.

Cybsled

The prize pool is trash this year - it’s like TI3 levels. The Saudi Major is half jokingly being referred to as the real TI because it has a larger prize pool than TI

Merrith

edit: Cybsled Cybsled I started playing back in '04 when it was a wc3 custom map. Moved on to Dota 2 when it came out. In all that time, nearly 20 years now, not once did I ever think "This would be more fun to watch than play."

I don't get it.

You don't understand? Time investment v enjoyment, you slow or something?

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>
Its like any kind of sports at the competitive level.
Fun to play! But also fun to watch people at the highest level play and pick out teams to root for.
Not that hard to understand.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I play at a herald level in DOTA, maybe 2 levels above that if I stick with a hero (but I never do). I certainly have more fun watching then playing.

Xerge

<Donor>

I don't get it.
Thats because it is. Women be like why you even playing the game if youre not the best at it

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser

I don't get it.

We are all way too old for the twitch generation. Watching high stakes dota games with millions on the line was enjoyable enough I booked one TI week off work

• 1WTF

nu_11

I don't get it.

I used to play. I don't any more. I used to watch. I don't any more.

If I were to get back into DOTA I would watch it and I sure as hell wouldn't start playing again. Too much toxic dumbasses and regular dumbasses to deal with. Not worth my time.

For instance I learned that the worse thing to do as support (Ancient ranked) was to dominate early game, because your cores would become cocky idiots and just end up throwing the game doing dumb shit in the mid game thinking the game was in the bag. DOTA is entirely uninuitive when you take into account human psychology.