DOTA 2

Northerner

N00b
We'll see how it shakes out (not that we had much time with 6.84b) but I think he did have to make some tweaks at least. I don't think anyone wants TI being played under this meta.

Nite1

<WoW Guild Officer>
Maybe I'm looking at things through rose colored glasses but if the most fondly remembered dota games came from the ti3/mlg meta would it be so bad if ice frog went back to that type of meta with the hero balances we have now? I was fairly new to the game then and i can't remember the complaints but it seems like that was the golden Era so to speak?

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Wow. I don't know if I've ever seen him instantly make changes to so many things specifically used in a LAN. I think the rubberband did need a little tweaking and I'm sure he's eventually going to find that sweet spot.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Maybe I'm looking at things through rose colored glasses but if the most fondly remembered dota games came from the ti3/mlg meta would it be so bad if ice frog went back to that type of meta with the hero balances we have now? I was fairly new to the game then and i can't remember the complaints but it seems like that was the golden Era so to speak?
You mean golden era of ridiculous offlane and pulling and stacking where there were like 5 heroes that could actually accomplish anything in that lane ?

The era of PL/Kotl or naga stalling games for 30 minutes, in no small part thanks to being able to farm up after BB ?

The era of wisp being utterly broken so much that when Alliance pulled out the hero in chinese LAN, they didn't lose a single game ?

Yeah, no thanks
smile.png

As far as patch goes, I got the feeling that 6.84 was a few weeks later than what would be ideal with spring/summer LANs being here for no good reason

Nite1

<WoW Guild Officer>
Lol I'm also remembering the entirety of mlg the infamous fountain hook game ti3 finals Etc
smile.png
also remembering games getting artifically lengthened bc no one could break high ground or deathball ti4 finals
smile.png

As to the new patch I think the players said it best. It's to new and we don't even know what's good or not yet. Your seeing stomps bc the players haven't learned the meta yet

niss_sl

shitlord
Anyone have any idea as to why my dota crashes instantly as soon as I try to click "find game" ONLY when I'm wired on the internet. It doesn't occur if I use wifi (on the same network and everything). This keeps happening no matter what internet I use as it happens when I travel and use other people's net as well.

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Anyone have any idea as to why my dota crashes instantly as soon as I try to click "find game" ONLY when I'm wired on the internet. It doesn't occur if I use wifi (on the same network and everything). This keeps happening no matter what internet I use as it happens when I travel and use other people's net as well.
Network card maybe?

Valos

Golden Knight of the Realm
Get a new network card? If its a laptop replace the motherboard. Try updating the drivers, and the motherboards bios first.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Xboct is fucking awful. Nice courier micro to lose his satanic at the end of the game which pretty much ends their chance.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Need help with these qualifier predictions as I've been so busy with work the last 4 months I've barely watched any games. Any good resources?

Caal

Lord Nagafen Raider
I turn on Xyclopz for two seconds and he has me in tears laughing almost instantly. Incredible.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
He's getting quite a lot of hate on reddit it seems, gotta say his english is super bad and his analysis is kinda crappy pretty often though he has good knowledge, but he's hilarious imo. I guess if you don't laugh at his jokes he's a terrible caster, but fuck the shit he says sometimes. *Tiny tosses Leshrac on someone to stun* Here, eat my horse.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The haters are the un-initiated losers. He is 110% pure entertainment. I would rather be entertained, than enlightened by casters. I have my own dota knowledge and brain for the analysis part.

Viewer-"Xyclopz, y u no play with bulldog?"Xyclopz-"I play with da Dong all da time!"

Long live the KING.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
His english is bad so he either literally translates phrases from another language or makes it up on the fly, both of which somehow ends up sounding hilarious, but to listen to him seriously during a major LAN ? I think people would hate that almost universally.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
His english is bad so he either literally translates phrases from another language or makes it up on the fly, both of which somehow ends up sounding hilarious, but to listen to him seriously during a major LAN ? I think people would hate that almost universally.
I guess and that's why people were angry, cause it was important matches or whatever, I'm not really following so not sure how important these matches were. But yeah I don't really care all that much myself. Though better when he's solo casting and shit, it's not so funny when he has someone else there especially since when the other person is taking it seriously, like during those alliance games I think it was with whoever else was casting.