DOTA 2

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
I hear you that real ppl vs comp is night and day but I'm kind of enjoying it right now. Right after the game starts I pause the game for 4-5 minutes, pull up a guide, read up on abilities, item progression, sometimes read a wiki page for more info if it's a character I feel like I just don't understand etc . I'm about 2/3s of the way through so I think I'm just gonna power through the rest of them.
Just be ready for how much about the game you still won't know even after all the guide reading and bot games. But that's the enjoyment of Dota, never ending improvement is possible.

Lost Ranger_sl

shitlord
The Legion Commander gets really nasty. Dendi's last game he has a permanent +134 (was hard to see the number, but I think that is accurate) damage bonus just from duels. Looks like a really fun hero.

Julian The Apostate

Vyemm Raider
I'm predicting navi take wisp + LC next tournament. *crosses fingers*

LC ulty does seem a little OP. Ever duel you win at Lv 3 is like adding a 1200 gold broadsword to your inventory.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I'm predicting navi take wisp + LC next tournament. *crosses fingers*

LC ulty does seem a little OP. Ever duel you win at Lv 3 is like adding a 1200 gold broadsword to your inventory.
LC probably a while until she's in -cm, for whatever reason they don't seem to like adding stuff to -cm for a while, could say it's because of potential bugs but that doesn't prevent them from adding stuff even when it still has bugs left anyway. LC is definitely one of the most snowbally hero though, if you get a good start and win a few early duels you can start being able to duel solo kill every supports and from there you end up with stupid amounts of damage so you can actually crush anyone. Other spells are good too, the "apothic shield"-like move is pretty solid if someone(xboct) gets hit by some stun while out of position.

Julian The Apostate

Vyemm Raider
Just be ready for how much about the game you still won't know even after all the guide reading and bot games. But that's the enjoyment of Dota, never ending improvement is possible.
Yeah, I'm am ready for that. All I'm really trying to do right now is improve basic mechanics, get a feel for all the items and uses, and basic hero knowledge so I know who I am laneing against and which heros I like.

Obtenor_sl

shitlord
Man I haven't finished 10 games for MMR and I'm already hating it.

Have been matched with the worst of the worst; 7 games played, only have won 1. I should just abandon if I see a LC pick.

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
Keep in mind the first 10 games - especially if you've played much dota don't seem to be hugely impactful on your rating. People have gone 2-8 and ended up like 4200, fear went 5/5 and got 5286.

Cyni

Lord Nagafen Raider
Lots of people have lost games and done well within that game... and actually had their mmr go up too... just focus on your game and do your best. If youre matched with shitters, the game expects you to lose anyhow.

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
Well, my MMR is now 3459. No idea if that's good or bad. What's the range? 1-5000?
somewhere between 92-93 percentile. So top 7%

I went 7/3 came out at 4259.

the breakdown on ELO that valve posted;
To give you a feel for the range of MMR, below are some MMRs corresponding to various percentiles.

5% 1100
10% 1500
25% 2000
50% 2250
75% 2731
90% 3200
95% 3900
99% 4100

DeadAgain!?_sl

shitlord
What are everyone's thoughts on Legion? I think she is a ton of fun to play and snowballs hard. Typical new hero see them picked on my team SHIT (always bad) and when picked on the other team SHIT(they usually are very good)

Simas_sl

shitlord
Legion seems OP in pubs, no idea for pros. I'm having a blast with her. After blink its just picking off supports all day long. And she can jungle if need be.

Just got my rank, 2802 (solo) here.

nescio_sl

shitlord
3821 MMR 94%

legion i usually buy quelling blade and stout and jungle. rush boots + blink (or shadowblade) then play her like roaming pudge.