DOTA 2

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
i mean if you were dropping down to like 2700, id understand but from what i remember on reths chart, isnt 3800 fairly good?

nescio_sl

shitlord
I think I'm officially ready to uninstall and be done with Dota. Tried to see if MM was as bad as I thought it would be and it was -- although I did get a match with TongFu cjz which was interesting. Been on a never ending loss streak (minus the cjz game) since. With the rate of MMR loss, I assume at the start of ranked games I was ~3900/4000ish, ended my 10(1/9) at 3860 and have just continued south.

Bah.

how is a pro player getting thrown in with 3900 MMR players?

Sulrn

Deuces
I couldn't understand which Asian oriented language he was speaking, so very well could have been a troll -- although he did play a very good mid game in comparison to all the other games. // The MMR itself doesn't affect my enjoyment of the game -- its the consecutive game quality drop from the last two major patches. Nor is my rank currently 3800 anymore (it was 3600's, I think, last time I logged in).

Out of the past 20? games, I did not get one single fully English speaking team (or even majority, 3/5). I can play almost any hero/role passingly, and can dominate with quite a few heros, but I'm not able to win games 1v5 or 2v5 when teammates continually feed or give up 7 minutes in and idle in base. That's why I'm done. Not stressed by any means, just haven't had fun the last several times I've logged in by any stretch of the imagination. It's like all the similarly skilled players I was used to solo Q'ing with stopped playing or I'm trapped in a completely separate band of the game now.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
I couldn't understand which Asian oriented language he was speaking, so very well could have been a troll -- although he did play a very good mid game in comparison to all the other games. // The MMR itself doesn't affect my enjoyment of the game -- its the consecutive game quality drop from the last two major patches. Nor is my rank currently 3800 anymore (it was 3600's, I think, last time I logged in).

Out of the past 20? games, I did not get one single fully English speaking team (or even majority, 3/5). I can play almost any hero/role passingly, and can dominate with quite a few heros, but I'm not able to win games 1v5 or 2v5 when teammates continually feed or give up 7 minutes in and idle in base. That's why I'm done. Not stressed by any means, just haven't had fun the last several times I've logged in by any stretch of the imagination. It's like all the similarly skilled players I was used to solo Q'ing with stopped playing or I'm trapped in a completely separate band of the game now.
Can I have your items?

Cyni

Lord Nagafen Raider
Why do you solo queue? Tons o' people in the channel are 3500-4200, and its much more rewarding to play with other people you know. I remember you like to random all the time too.. That could be another issue you're running into.

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider

I think i queued with you once and you went Aghanims on Doom.

Weaponsfree_sl

shitlord
I think i queued with you once and you went Aghanims on Doom.
There's really nothing else to say beyond that.

Elsewise, 3800+ is a fine place to sit. I've seen a few pro players, and a disturbing number of people who know me. Sub 3k? That's where it gets absurd. I think 3800 is still a 95% rating.

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
I've only been playing like 4 months. Just finished up the 10 games today for ranked, 28xx something. Seems like I won most of the games, and I felt like I did decent enough (for me.) I play support 90 percent of the time, so never any big numbers.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
I've only been playing like 4 months. Just finished up the 10 games today for ranked, 28xx something. Seems like I won most of the games, and I felt like I did decent enough (for me.) I play support 90 percent of the time, so never any big numbers.
does playing support vs hard carry etc matter?

i mean if you play really good support, shouldent it be the same as if you carried hard?

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
768d33c2fc7466d70ce9782b481b1fe4-d6yxq54.jpg

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
Sorry,

If I don't clear out my inventory to prepare for future Steam Sells, I'd bequeath them to Wrathin, Calla, Cloud, Cyni, Dandain, or Teck long before you.
In all seriousness focus on 4-5 heroes you like the most that fill the same role and only play them. Then queue with at least 2-3 ppl in your skill range and you'll very rarely be in the situation you were describing.

Also, never ever ever go Aghanims on Doom.

Intropy

Shit Gamer
My rating is about 3750 but I still don't know shit about this game. Like why not EVER going aghs on Doom is so obvious, please enlighten me!

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
If you go Aghs as your first item, you are just going to die horribly in teamfights because Doom needs a lot of armor to stay alive. If you get it as 5th/6th slot with Refresher, then you can just disable 2 carries entirely. Of course, anything works in pubs

nu_11

Doom needs a lot of farm in general to be useful. Aghs, just not as great as other stuff.

Honestly, I'm not a big fan of the hero.