Dragon Age: Inquisition (Plot Details in Spoilers!)

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
It unlocks in less than 2 hours (7 am PST, 10 am EST) in all Asian countries except Japan. You can use a VPN to unlock it then.

VPN Gate - Public Free VPN Cloud by Univ of Tsukuba, Japan
is free and works fine. Select South Korea or Hong Kong, and obviously make sure Origin is closed first. Launch it after you are connected to the VPN.
Can confirm this works.

My VPN has 10 different countries it can connect to, China/Hong Kong being one of them. Canceled my PS4 pre-order and bought it on origin. With my Norwegian pre-order it wouldn't even let me download it (pre-load doesn't activate until 6pm on the 17th, game launches here on the 20th), but when I closed Origin and loaded it up again with Hong Kong as my IP, it is ready for download and launch.

So thanks
smile.png
Downloading now.

On another note, I think I might have ADD or ADHD or some sort of letter disorder that gives me the patience of a 10 year old child at Christmas. I WANT TO OPEN MY GAMES NOW! Still no clue why digital release downloads aren't released worldwide. It's like they want piracy.

bytes

Molten Core Raider
Apparently this game will come with the same DRM as Lords of the Fallen (which hasn't been cracked yet) and can, according to the internet, damage your beloved SDD. Seems like it is constantly decrypting the game data which causes excessive amounts of disk writing and eventually a failure of your harddrive.

This very well might be absolute bullshit, but the last game published by EA which came with an (for a time) uncrackable DRM was the great Sim City.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Seems a bunch of people who started playing on GAF are complaining that, surprise, the PC UI is shit, specifically the tactical mode. Can't screen edge to move the camera, can't select more than one character at a time, can only give one order at a time to each character, can't zoom out enough(derp?).

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Apparently this game will come with the same DRM as Lords of the Fallen (which hasn't been cracked yet) and can, according to the internet, damage your beloved SDD. Seems like it is constantly decrypting the game data which causes excessive amounts of disk writing and eventually a failure of your harddrive.

This very well might be absolute bullshit, but the last game published by EA which came with an (for a time) uncrackable DRM was the great Sim City.
Denuvo DRM used by DA:I - Scuttlebutt (NO Spoilers) - The BioWare Forum
So, yeah, complete bullshit.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Seems a bunch of people who started playing on GAF are complaining that, surprise, the PC UI is shit, specifically the tactical mode. Can't screen edge to move the camera, can't select more than one character at a time, can only give one order at a time to each character, can't zoom out enough(derp?).
lol, such lazy consolitis.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Well that sucks...money I won't have to spend I guess, but I was hoping for a beefy Origins or their version of dragons dogma.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Well that sucks...money I won't have to spend I guess, but I was hoping for a beefy Origins or their version of dragons dogma.
Complete 100% button mash with zero strategy in combat. Hold right trigger for auto attack, press random abilities on CD, and quaff the potions. If you really want to see some hilarity, go into a Twitch Stream and ask about combat strategy and watch the viral marketers say that if you want strategy play in nightmare mode - when told nightmare does nothing except add more HP and mobs hit harder which in turn makes you quaff potions faster, you will get told this is not the game for you.

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
How is the game on PC? story, dungeon, combat, voice, etc.? I like DAO, didn't like DA2

I am still debating whether I should buy it or not since there won't be cracked for some time. Metacritic still doesn't have any user review yet...

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Complete 100% button mash with zero strategy in combat. Hold right trigger for auto attack, press random abilities on CD, and quaff the potions. If you really want to see some hilarity, go into a Twitch Stream and ask about combat strategy and watch the viral marketers say that if you want strategy play in nightmare mode - when told nightmare does nothing except add more HP and mobs hit harder which in turn makes you quaff potions faster, you will get told this is not the game for you.
Name an RPG that actually had challenging combat? It's all party setup and itemization.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Dumb question, if it says power on hours is 806, doesn't that mean it includes 806 hours of data? I really doubt that they wrote 5TB of data in 40m.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Name an RPG that actually had challenging combat? It's all party setup and itemization.
DA:O had more interesting combat and tactical requirements than most anything else out there, and definitely was a lot better than DA2 and now this. All you have to do is watch some of the boss fights on Youtube to see the major differences.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Reads to me as around 40 GB in 40 min which doesn't seem excessive. Not to mention we have no idea how their machine is configured - if they've got their swap file on that drive it could easily get close to that with just the swap file alone.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Oh and Denuvo definitely spam that HDD. Someone posted this after 40mins of play:
855315e479_7456270_14771512.png
That's a before and after.

33gb of writes is not that big of a deal for the first run of a game.

Decent SSDs can handle 1-2 petabytes of lifetime writes. Lousy ones start to crap out at like 500-600 terabytes.

I'll keep an eye on this, I have all the appropriate tools installed. They said in their post that Denuvo is ONLY on the .exe.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
DA:O had more interesting combat and tactical requirements than most anything else out there, and definitely was a lot better than DA2 and now this. All you have to do is watch some of the boss fights on Youtube to see the major differences.
DA:O had a lot of saving and reloading and hoping one of your party members doesn't get randomly instagibbed.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
What does button mashing mean in a pausable game?
Exactly. I'm arguing against Ut's foolishness. Saying this game is just button mashing is retarded. No party-based RPGs actually have difficult reactive combat.

Caliane

I think this is a strange conversation.

I mean, there has been a dearth of tactical rpgs for some time. so saying one has the most interesting or whatever doesn't really mean much.. And then, we can even look at Divinity:OS which had fantastic combat systems. but at the same time, those systems allowed you to basically break the game. I don't even know how you would go about balancing it. so, you could also argue that the game was too easy, etc.