Dragon Age: Inquisition (Plot Details in Spoilers!)

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Ya, I'm pumped to dig in to this at some point but didn't realize how far in I'd be sucked by fucking WOW. Again. Glad to hear how nice it looks on pc, buying that R9 290 seems like a good purchase now.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Reviews seem alright, game has minor issues, PC UI is fairly shit, but it looks like a decent enough game, so bought it. It's only 40$ anyway using a VPN, so it's not a huge deal. Preloading now, will use a VPN again to unlock when that's done, because fuck europe delayed release dates.

Also difficulty seems decent in Nightmare. This, I like. I feared it'd be too easy and the first few streams showed really easy low level gameplay, but as people progress it seems to get noticeably harder(though a lot of them are fighting higher levels and shit).

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I do, but don't expect to use it. I will however use autohotkey to fix a few things. Toggle autoattack, autoloot on a single key, this kind of things that really should have been in but they didn't for whatever reason. It's UI stuff though, it's not like unplayable from what I've heard, just annoying, which sadly is the case for many games nowadays so that doesn't make it a "no buy game" to me. The Denuvo stuff seems like bullshit(other people checked SSD load and it didn't show anything out of the ordinary), the game runs fairly well with the new Nvidia drivers, so doesn't seem like that bad.

Metacritic negative reviews are a lot of shit. People giving the game a bad review because they can't launch it isn't really representative of jackshit, especially when you know a large amount of them are having issues because of bad configs/not meeting min requirements(which are fairly high for this mind you, like you need a quad core). People complaining the game looks bad, even though it doesn't?

Budos

Golden Knight of the Realm
Well then who the fuck cares what you have to say?

j/k but I'm seriously waiting to hear a fair amount of feedback about the multiplayer to decide whether or not to pull the trigger on this.
What'd you want to know? I like it more than ME3 MP so far.

supertouch_sl

shitlord
I'm one of the biggest detractors of Dragon Age 2, but most of the negative Metacritic reviews for Inquisition aren't even addressing the nature of the game but rather minor bugs or the fact that they're getting 20 FPS on their shitty rigs.

Caliane

I do, but don't expect to use it. I will however use autohotkey to fix a few things. Toggle autoattack, autoloot on a single key, this kind of things that really should have been in but they didn't for whatever reason. It's UI stuff though, it's not like unplayable from what I've heard, just annoying, which sadly is the case for many games nowadays so that doesn't make it a "no buy game" to me. The Denuvo stuff seems like bullshit(other people checked SSD load and it didn't show anything out of the ordinary), the game runs fairly well with the new Nvidia drivers, so doesn't seem like that bad.

Metacritic negative reviews are a lot of shit. People giving the game a bad review because they can't launch it isn't really representative of jackshit, especially when you know a large amount of them are having issues because of bad configs/not meeting min requirements(which are fairly high for this mind you, like you need a quad core). People complaining the game looks bad, even though it doesn't?
to be fair, the high ratings are the same. absurd fanboying.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/dr...n/user-reviews
I can not tell if Dragonknights 10 rating is satire or not.

In my opinion, this is the best RPG in the modern gaming world. Excellent work, Bioware. Under the glorious enlightenment and guidance from EA, a game publisher with precise long-term vision in future game development, Bioware finally manages to make a RPG suitable for everyone, but not just a game accessible only to a minority of hardcore RPG players.
DA: Origins is an old-school and medicore game only appealing to a tiny market niche. DA II breaks the medicority, and introduces the popular mass effect decision tree and button-mashing mechanics, which attracts tons of Call Of Duty (COD) and action gamers around the world, contributing to its great success.
Overall, by removing the complexity and annoyance from old-school RPG, adding the best elements from 2 most famous modern RPGs, and introducing an exciting button mashing combat mechanics to the game, this game has reached the highest height of RPGs that none in the world could ever reach
In case if there are expansions or sequels for this gift from god, which are highly probable considering how successful this game is, we really hope that first-person shooting mode, QTEs and the mechanism of climbing tower to reveal map can be implemented. This will further induces passion from every gamers, because these elements are universally regarded by every gamer as the best features that have ever existed in shooter and action games!

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Caliane that's true also, point is a lot of the reviews are shit. However I'd say early on, the metacritic of a game will tend to be fairly skewed one way or the other, just because a ton of people haven't even played the game, or played it enough to form an inteligent review about it.

An example, the new wow expansion is at 4.2. It's pretty much entirely because their launch was shit and the servers were fucked. That's important to know if I want to play during launch week, but if I want to pick up the expansion in 2-3weeks, or even now(assuming it's fixed, no idea), I don't fucking care that it was unplayable for the first week, yet the scores won't retroactively get better and it'll take a long time for the game to break even, regardless of the expansion quality, which from what I heard is pretty good(assuming you like wow, obviously).

People who have technical issues are the most likely to do the early reviews, they can't play the game, so they'll go bitch about it to vent. It makes sense, but it tends to skew scores down, unless the game launches with very few technical issues(less demanding indie games run into that issue less often because the game runs at a steady 60FPS on toasters and coffee machines).

Not saying all the negative reviews are off base, a lot criticize the story and I don't really expect to be surprised by a great story either. I also don't put any weight in the near perfect "official" reviews bullshit. When I said reviews, I meant people playing the game and giving first impressions after 4-10hours of gaming. Overall, besides obvious UI/control issues and a few bugs(like the gender issue bug), most people I've read talking about the game have been fairly positive about it.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
I haven't read any reviews or even looked at the metacritic scores but so far I'm having fun. The PC controls need some tweaks but it's not so horribad as all that. Maybe if I read a review I might see how the controls are bad but it feels ok. Tactical mode isn't hard to use and I only need to use it on occasion and I'm playing on Nightmare mode. One thing that does annoy me is I can't seem to remap buttons to my extra mouse buttons. Also auto loot gold would be nice but these concerns are like a 1 on a scale of 10. Hopefully I'm still having fun 15 hours from now.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Restarted with a rogue archer on Nightmare.

Wiped a few times now, difficulty seems on par with what it should be though. Still not had to use the tactical part, but it might have saved me on the few wipes. Something that is slightly annoying is that it can be difficult to find the bodies of your fallen group members, making it hard to rez them if you didn't see exactly where they died. Green armor in forests and they blend in like snipers in ghillie suits.

So far UT is very right in the "hold RT and use abilities on cooldown", at least for the mage (hard) and archer (nightmare). Anyone here play a warrior? Curious to see if they might be more active/tactical.

Very happy with the purchase though. Playing on PC with a controller. Watched a stream with a guy doing the mouse + kb, and it was very apparent that while the optimization and graphics are well done on the PC, the UI is definite consolitis. Fluid with a controller though, so all good with me. Playing on my TV sitting in my comfy chair, controller works best for that anyways.

Another upside, bought GTA 5 with my canceled pre-order for this game for the PS4. Forgot I added funds for the wallet.

Needless

Toe Sucker
I was watching somebody stream as a necromancer.. their spell casting animations with a staff looks so retarded. Are they all that flamboyant?
Reminds me of how stupid Sazh looks in FF13 shooting his guns behind his back and between his legs and shit

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Cool game. Trying to play MP and my friends can do it just fine, for some reason I get unbearable lag but everything else works just fine.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Cool game. Trying to play MP and my friends can do it just fine, for some reason I get unbearable lag but everything else works just fine.
Well it's P2P apparently so if you don't host and connect to a shitty host, you'd lag terribly. Might be other issues though don't know.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Eh should be fine, 15 minutes between me and the host but it was completely unplayable. When I hosted, my friends all lagged but it was playable for them. Makes no sense with all of us having fast cable internet.

Joined a random game and it did the same thing. Though I guess I shouldn't be surprised the MP was more or less an afterthought.

an accordion_sl

shitlord
Anyone interested in an Origin account with only this game on it (comes with the bonus preorder items)? Picked it up on GMG and instantly regret buying it on PC over a console...

Can do something cheaper than the Mexico price or whatever it was... PM me

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Trapped in Randomonia>
Anyone interested in an Origin account with only this game on it (comes with the bonus preorder items)? Picked it up on GMG and instantly regret buying it on PC over a console...

Can do something cheaper than the Mexico price or whatever it was... PM me
Does your PC suck or something?