Dragon Age: Inquisition (Plot Details in Spoilers!)

khalid

Unelected Mod
PC looks much better and you can always use a controller on PC if you want. Supposedly the PS4 is slightly more stable but I haven't had crash issues at all on PC.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
How is the gameplay on the consoles (PS4) vs the PC version?
PC visuals are way better than console as expected, and as mentioned you may or may not have any issues running it on PC such as CTD. I run it on SLI and have only had certain bugs causing me to restart a few times and they are usually related to choice options on dialogue not coming up.

Deisun_sl

shitlord
I opted for the XB1 version just because I felt like playing this one on the big screen on the comfort of my couch. It looks gorgeous and so far the gameplay has been really good, great framerate and it's smooth. The controls are solid. I'm only a couple hours in though since I had to go on a business trip the day after buying it.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Huge advocate for mouse and keyboard gaming, but fuck this games mouse/KB controls. Plugged in xbox controller and never looked back, just wish A wasn't interact and jump...

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Huge advocate for mouse and keyboard gaming, but fuck this games mouse/KB controls. Plugged in xbox controller and never looked back, just wish A wasn't interact and jump...
Lol yeah sometimes all you do is jump when trying to loot shit, gets f'n annoying.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
So is the only way to run around with Iron Bull in your party on nightmare is if your inquisitor is the tank?

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Need more perdy pictures. Enable/Disable UI - ui.drawenable 1/0 in the console.

Also, F to pick up stuff is 1000x better than RMB.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So is the only way to run around with Iron Bull in your party on nightmare is if your inquisitor is the tank?
I've been doing Nightmare with him in my party almost full time.

Daggers Rogue Inquisitor, Iron Bull, Blackwall, Dorian.

Iron Bull and Dorian are fucking awesome, especially together. (banterwise)

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Gd just saw my game is running on the default world state instead of the highly customized one I had. FUUUUUUUUU

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
I've been doing Nightmare with him in my party almost full time.

Daggers Rogue Inquisitor, Iron Bull, Blackwall, Dorian.

Iron Bull and Dorian are fucking awesome, especially together. (banterwise)
Dorian and Varric have a funny conversation after the ball if you had them both in your party before and after. But yeah Dorian and Iron Bull seem to be the characters everyone likes this time around. Each one on their own have very funny interactions with the other members.

Vaclav

Well, together because of the whole "Screw Tevinter" and "Tevinter isn't so bad except for assholes like them" attitudes each has is a great dynamic too, especially with both being the promiscuous ones as well.

LadyVex_sl

shitlord
I'm actually somewhat Meh on Iron Bull. I haven't really had him in my group, but I've enjoyed the cutscenes.

I really love Sera though - she and Varric have some fully excellent sequences that just make you feel like you're a human again.

Fuck Solas and Vivienne though. I like those characters, Vivienne especially, but they're such god damn polar opposites and so annoying close minded about things, that there are times when I do several decisions in a row and I'll watch Solas greatly disapprove and Vivienne greatly approve, then a second later the next decision is the opposite. Meanwhile everyone else is approving. I thought Cassandra was going to be the tough nut to crack, and she is just so reasonable.

Thanks Pyros and Cyrus for the barrier suggestions. I don't usually run with two mages, but a few of the dragons I did, and that suggestion will go a long way towards making the other fights easier.

I'm at a point now where I could probably finish off the game quickly, but I find I don't want to. I'm already doing another completionist playthrough as I know I've already missed stuff, but with far cry sitting on my desk, I dunno when I'll get around to that.

I should mention if you guys didn't know, the agents you can recruit for the inquisition count as perks. You can check this out:

Dragon Age Wiki

And it will tell you who you can pick up and which "perk" they belong to. It's helpful for when you need the deft hands ability, but have already spent a bunch in other areas. I didn't really think anything was super necessary to have, (Except deft hands, if DA2 taught me anything it was always have a max level lockpick with you or you are missing out on some set gear) so it might not be a big deal but browse at your leisure. Slight spoilers - nothing main story, and mostly the side quests that are relatively junk meant to level you, nothing more.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Man only having 8slots sucks. Why is focus even an ability instead of its own slot. I'm trying to figure out if I want to spec my warrior as Champion or as Templar, but like I also need to figure out how many abilities I need to drop, probably being 2. I want payback strike since it has such a wide aoe knockback and does solid damage though it's not a combo move so maybe I should drop it, shield bash is great to remove guard from those annoying mobs that do it so I want to keep that, the block is necessary for big hits and what not, lunge is like pretty good though it doesn't really move you that far and shield bash can do the combo stuff fine so I might drop that. Then I have the 2 taunts in vanguard, single target for archers and shit and aoe for well aoe, plus it gives 200%armor for 10seconds every 24seconds, but I'm probably having to drop that too.

If I go champion I could replace the single taunt with the champion one, but it's like way weird and fucking increases the damage you take by a fuckton and that seems to be from all sources. I guess you pop invuln at the same time and you're fine, still kinda weird. Champion is mostly passive shit though, the line blocking thing looks like garbage unless you're fighting in close quarters(but a fire wall does the same job and does good damage too), the taunt is well, a taunt and that leaves only the invuln which is kinda nice but like not super good.

Templar on the other hand has more stuff to use, but it's also noticeably shittier at tanking since it doesn't get anything defensive really. And more stuff to use means I need more slots. I need 3 pretty much, and I just don't have 3 slots. Maybe if I remove focus and only swap it in when I need it or some shit.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Need more perdy pictures. Enable/Disable UI - ui.drawenable 1/0 in the console.

Also, F to pick up stuff is 1000x better than RMB.
Will try to get some tonight.

Also Hissing Waste or w.e is great for making money and getting gear - Tons of valuables drop from mobs in that zone, and each of the cave locations seems to have a purple item inside. Not to mention the easily accessible dragon who is L20 near the Tomb(that is locked). I easily made a good bit in my 2 hours scouring around for shit.

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Favorite Varric scene is in crestwood:

When you drain the lake and you see the corpses and bodies, Varric begins to wretch. He make the most hilarious sound.

I am off to paly the game some more even though I finished. Going to start from my penultimate save and get a bunch of side quests and areas I have yet to see.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Gd just saw my game is running on the default world state instead of the highly customized one I had. FUUUUUUUUU
nevermind. I think everything is ok. I have Dagna in my Skyhold which I think only happens if you made the choice to send her to study with the circle in DA:O. The default World State doesn't have you meeting her at all so I think I am good to go.

Vaclav

nevermind. I think everything is ok. I have Dagna in my Skyhold which I think only happens if you made the choice to send her to study with the circle in DA:O. The default World State doesn't have you meeting her at all so I think I am good to go.
I had Dagna, and I'm playing on default. I never bothered correcting the assumption earlier.