Dragon's Dogma 2

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
It's all over the place. The highs are high and the lows are... mid. I love the griffon encounters a lot and those are some of my favorite open world content in any game. But there's a lot in the game that's just mid.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
It's understated how bad it is because people were just happy to get another game.

It's Dragon's Dogma 0.5

19.99 is a good price.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vorph

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I've been told by multiple people, who loved the first, that I should wait for $20 or under.
As someone who has played the first on like 4 different platforms, it's not even about the money. I wouldn't recommend the game at all until the DLC is out, because the only thing that can save DD2 is adding on something like Bitterblack Isle and all the other improvements that would come with a Dark Arisen style expansion.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
As someone who has played the first on like 4 different platforms, it's not even about the money. I wouldn't recommend the game at all until the DLC is out, because the only thing that can save DD2 is adding on something like Bitterblack Isle and all the other improvements that would come with a Dark Arisen style expansion.
This

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
With Itsuno(DD creator) leaving the company maybe they can get the guy that did the BBI content to fix the game again?

Break

When PUBG came out, the original map had a bunch of barren spots where you couldn't find any loot. The kids with ADHD complained that they found it boring, so they filled them all in so virtually every empty spot on the map had some buildings and loot in it and so the average distance between points of interest went from variable and interesting to being roughly the same in every direction. Globomaphomo I say.

Not sure I'm explaining it correctly but I find this latter design really awful, there should be some disparity in some places, some truly empty places, or your world design is shite. DD2 is missing this kind of disparity. DD1 had many places where besides some herbs or monsters there really wasn't anything, and it was great, it felt a little like EQ exploring that game.

BBI was of course just dungeons but it had a lot of variation within and some truly big rooms so it was far more than just one grid of halls after another and I agree it was a great expansion.

Vorph

With Itsuno(DD creator) leaving the company maybe they can get the guy that did the BBI content to fix the game again?
That's what people are hoping for, but seeing as TGS came and went without anything from Capcom besides saying DD2 will get a PS5 Pro patch I'm no longer optimistic about it happening anytime remotely soon.

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
When PUBG came out, the original map had a bunch of barren spots where you couldn't find any loot. The kids with ADHD complained that they found it boring, so they filled them all in so virtually every empty spot on the map had some buildings and loot in it and so the average distance between points of interest went from variable and interesting to being roughly the same in every direction.

Honestly you needed a better loot distribution in that game. You either landed at a place with loot or in the boonies. But if you landed in the boonies, you were at a massive gear disadvantage.

If you landed at a place with loot, it was pure RNG on whether or not you got any loot worth a shit. 80% of my matches dropping in a spot with loot usually resulted in me finding a crowbar and a level 1 helmet and some mother fucker comes round the corner with full armor/helmet and a fucking SCAR and blasts me

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Honestly you needed a better loot distribution in that game. You either landed at a place with loot or in the boonies. But if you landed in the boonies, you were at a massive gear disadvantage.

If you landed at a place with loot, it was pure RNG on whether or not you got any loot worth a shit. 80% of my matches dropping in a spot with loot usually resulted in me finding a crowbar and a level 1 helmet and some mother fucker comes round the corner with full armor/helmet and a fucking SCAR and blasts me
Skill issue

Xexx

Vyemm Raider

Dunno, seems hard to be undergeared doing the natural progression. Pretty much steamrolled the game, unlocked MA and steamrolled all the bosses until the game was over.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
It's understated how bad it is because people were just happy to get another game.

It's Dragon's Dogma 0.5

19.99 is a good price.
The biggest problem with this game is that it's still, fundamentally, a game from 2011 or whenever DD1 was released. While I'm sure that was novel and great for the time, everything in DD2 feels "meh" because it has now either already been done, it feels dated, and/or it has already been done better by another game.

It's basically Monster Hunter, just with slightly shittier combat and barely "programmable" AI. Biggest waste of $60(70?) I had this year.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
It's basically Monster Hunter, just with slightly shittier combat and barely "programmable" AI. Biggest waste of $60(70?) I had this year.

Second that.

It took time for the buyers remorse to set in, the new and shiny "installment" to Dragon's Dogma had finally arrived-- but once full hindsight was possible, it stands as a colossal waste of money.

The "Collector's pack" or whatever Deluxe was insultingly stupid and up there with the cash grabs of the year. Can't name 1 thing from the Deluxe that was cool.

If a Ascension type DLC comes out for this, it'll need to be as well-received as DD1 DLC to get my attention again. DD3 is DOA.