Drones

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Just curious if anyone has been playing around with drones/quadcopters? I bought a goofy little $50 one off of Amazon, the Syma. It's neat, I can fly it all around my backyard, usually get it to where I want to go. But it's light, and it can't hover (without requiring constant inputs really), so sometimes I lose control of it, or the wind will just fuck it over. I'm looking at spending a little more on a drone. Just curious if anyone has any suggestions? It looks like the best is the DJI Phantom 3. I imagine there has to be a good middle ground between $50 an $1000.

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Also DJI is hardly the "best" though it is widely recognized and is quality.

If you are seriously interested, look into FPV flying and racing. Some good chinese prebuilts out now, fly with a headset visor so it's pretty cool. Course that stuff can run a grand easy too.

Unless serious, the 50-150 range is good to stay, because even with expensive ones, crashes are easy to have, fly aways and other acts of god and I havnt heard of drone insurance...

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
Immersion RC has one called the Vortex. Priced around 500 bucks it is a racing quad that is pretty modular. The Hubsan x4 is another great little quad, anywhere from 50ish bucks to 150 for one with a VR camera that can work with certain headsets. (I own 4 versions of the x4. Two of the cheap, 1 of the snapshot camera, and 1 of the VR one with just a screen on the controller.) All of them are damn fun to fly.

Also a lot of this info is in the shit I just bought thread as well.