Dune: Part Two (2023)

amigo

Lord Nagafen Raider
Zendayas role (imo) will not annoy you. They managed her character very well I thought. Shes not a girl boss. Not the central character and this movie is very much about Paul.

And after a day, and the prisoner of the moment has wore off, I do think it is in the realm of Best Sci Fi film ever created. This will be the benchmark for a long, long time. Its very high art.
Except he put her face all over the fucking movie, camera cuts to her all the fucking time. Bitch ruins every movie she's in, including this one. Worse than the part 1.
More worms? Fuck them. Navigators? Fuck them. Don't need any of that when you have a concubine turned bitch boss leader bossing around everyone (but wait you say, she's a "sceptic".. yeah, fuck off). And another, you are told, who killed 9 Harkonnen soldiers with a simple knife (yeah, right... did you mean sucked 9 cocks in a single session, because that seemed a lot more realistic from the looks of it?). And we totally needed that pointless scene prompted by nothing and leading nowhere (except to have another supposed strong "fighter" woman).

• 2Salty
Reactions: 1 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
visuals for the most part, Denis V (director) is interesting did an interview recently where he said he really, really prefers making movies with no dialogue and it all sorta clicks with Arrival, Blade Runner 2049, Dune, etc which are dialogue lite

the worm stuff in Dune part 2 is really, really good
I was explaining this to my Physical Therapist yesterday, who isn't really a Denis V fan. I told him that I really like that his movies feel very "real", including a little bit boring and mundane. Most actors aren't over-acting with exaggerated facial expressions, and the dialogue sounds like everyday stuff instead of some Aaron Sorkin type of shit.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
I was explaining this to my Physical Therapist yesterday, who isn't really a Denis V fan. I told him that I really like that his movies feel very "real", including a little bit boring and mundane. Most actors aren't over-acting with exaggerated facial expressions, and the dialogue sounds like everyday stuff instead of some Aaron Sorkin type of shit.
I guess I hadn't really thought about the minimalist dialogue in his catalogue, but it definitely works. I've loved every English language (haven't seen the French ones) film he's made except Enemy.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
I guess I hadn't really thought about the minimalist dialogue in his catalogue, but it definitely works. I've loved every English language (haven't seen the French ones) film he's made except Enemy.
I mean shit. It's why his direction with sheridan script make sicario so great.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob

estimates for now and probably will be higher. By comparison Dune 1 did $41m opening weekend but it released on HBO Max the same day during covid

• 2Like

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
My girl got us tickets for this for Saturday. I'm going to dress like a fucking nerd and embarrass the living shit out of her throughout the whole movie.

woooooo GIF

• 8Worf
  • 4Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 14 users

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
My parents, for some reason, were bored out of their minds watching the first part. Brother and I have just been teasing them all week asking if they want some tickets to see the greatest sci-fi movie of all time with us. Husband and I are using Thursday for the part 1 re-watch. Apparently my brother's bringing the exchange student, so we'll she if she ends up liking it. If not, that's gonna be a rough 3 hours, lol.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
My friends all agreed to watch this at the Alamo Friday, do I need to sneak out of work early to see it on iMax to not have first viewing ruined?

fat12

Trakanon Raider
Alamo sucks for watching movies. Why the fuck do you want to eat instead of watching a movie?

• 2Like
  • 1WTF

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
My friends all agreed to watch this at the Alamo Friday, do I need to sneak out of work early to see it on iMax to not have first viewing ruined?

I don't often think films are better in IMAX, but this is definitely one of them. It was filmed with IMAX cameras as well, so it really is a tremendous experience in IMAX.

The sound and score coupled with the visuals in IMAX made something I think warrants it to be seen in IMAX.

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Alamo sucks for watching movies. Why the fuck do you want to eat instead of watching a movie?
yeah, its terrible being able to have a burger and a beer while watching your movie instead of overpriced popcorn and candy

terrible

• 3Worf

Siliconemelons

yeah, its terrible being able to have a burger and a beer while watching your movie instead of overpriced popcorn and candy

terrible

I do not know how Alamo works...

But from what I can tell they started the trend... we had a bunch pop up around me- only 2 "full" ones survive now and the rest are kinda a hybrid type dining.

Sooo.... from the ones here.

If your group is the only group, it works, its fine, its awesome and great.

Add in just 1 other group that wants to eat a 5 course meal during the entirety of the movie, plus normal people being obnoxious etc. and it is a horribly annoying experience.

Aka... it depends on... the...umm... location of the venu.

• 2Like

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Only theaters I've ever been to that served food were Alamo Drafthouse in TX so I dunno how they do it elsewhere.

But nobody was eating a "five course meal". You'd order, you'd get served your food and drink, and then just enjoy the movie. Less disruptive than the typical asshole texting or tiktoking or WTFever people do on their assholephones during movies.

Siliconemelons

Right, the ones that still serve food now- are either:

A) you order outside, get it, take it inside. Rarely if its a long order - you can go sit, they bring it.
B) you sit in a booth looking thing in the theater, you order, they bring it - generally fairly quickly but sometimes during the beginning

The 2 "full service ones" that I speak of - you have what could be equated as a full normal dining experience, in the theater - you order, you get orders, refills, you can order more anytime, you can press a button to call the waiter etc.

That, is really annoying- normal people would order, be done, eat, enjoy.

"Others" will ... well, you know... do anything as annoying as possible because they have no awareness of anyone existing outside of xerselves.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Right, the ones that still serve food now- are either:

A) you order outside, get it, take it inside. Rarely if its a long order - you can go sit, they bring it.
B) you sit in a booth looking thing in the theater, you order, they bring it - generally fairly quickly but sometimes during the beginning

The 2 "full service ones" that I speak of - you have what could be equated as a full normal dining experience, in the theater - you order, you get orders, refills, you can order more anytime, you can press a button to call the waiter etc.

That, is really annoying- normal people would order, be done, eat, enjoy.

"Others" will ... well, you know... do anything as annoying as possible because they have no awareness of anyone existing outside of xerselves.
Toy Story What GIF