Dune: Part Two (2023)

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Got tickets today for a Saturday IMAX show. Can’t wait!
Same. Seeing this on Friday with the old gang.

We'll likely end up getting shitfaced afterwards and bitch about politics the rest of the night.

It's going to be awesome.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Seeing this in 9 hours, sadly no IMax by me but I do have Dbox seats. Going to be interesting.

Screenshot_2024-02-29-08-24-35-93_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

• 7Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 7 users

spronk

FPS noob

they had em at my amc and i saw people buying them. i watched in disgust but a small part of me wanted to buy one. i ruthlessly suppressed that part of me with alcohol

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 4 users

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Got tickets for Tuesday, no Imax without driving into shithole crime ridden city 1.5 hours away so Dolby will do.

So far only my wife and I + 1 random reserved seat in the whole theater. Hope it stays that way.

I haven't seen a movie in a theater since Nov 2022 and summer 2021 before that...

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Gonna see this in Dolby Atmos instead of Imax probably tonight. I've heard the picture is a little better on Imax but the sound significantly better in Dolby.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Homsar

Awesome movie, third act was incredible. No IMax but the DBox seats was fun.

I got attacked monday by 2 pitbulls out of nowhere from behind. But I still made sure I made the movie. Ill post the photos in the pitbull thread.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 2WTF
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Homsar

Ok I might have to see this again Saturday, 3 hour movie deals are rough. It's hard to rank sci Fi but this shits on most everything the last 30 years

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
This was fucking great

That Feyd Rauthav gladiator intermission was fucking bonkers. The first movie was very light on the Harkonnen brutality but this movie really drives it in. Hats off to Austin Butler.

Also the shift in Paul's character after he drinks the Gatorade was so pronounced and awesome... As I wanted it to be.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Homsar

This was fucking great

That Feyd Rauthav gladiator intermission was fucking bonkers. The first movie was very light on the Harkonnen brutality but this movie really drives it in. Hats off to Austin Butler.

Also the shift in Paul's character after he drinks the Gatorade was so pronounced and awesome... As I wanted it to be.
The girl I was with who loves dune still thinks he/paul could have went with a different path

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Did they use atomics in the book to break the wall? I forget

Also I was a little aprehensive about the amount of ranged weapon use in this movie. But I guess they're pretty clear on not being able to sheild up when on the desert surface or it'll be a sandworm buffet.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>

Also I was a little aprehensive about the amount of ranged weapon use in this movie. But I guess they're pretty clear on not being able to sheild up when on the desert surface or it'll be a sandworm buffet.
Yes they used nukes on the wall

Homsar

Just go see the movie. My friend wants to see it again this weekend. I hope this movie makes the point again that there just needs to be good movies made to put people in the seats.

Quit blaming everything else when you fail to make a solid movie.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Vuuxo

Karen
<Gold Donor>
*insert Fry squint meme*

You fuckers are actually going to make me go see this movie. I'm thinking with current Hollywood the only good thing about this movie would be the popcorn bucket but seeing the reviews here... I might just go see it.