Dune: Part Two (2023)

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Its hilarious how all the leftists are criticizing this as "colonizer fiction". (e.g. CNN)

Complaining about colonizers. On an alien planet. The ones who get there first are magically the good guys and the ones who get there second are automatically the bad guys.

The funniest part is how thinking about their complaints for even a second highlights how stupid the colonizer complaints are in real life. Because its exactly the same -- the second to last to arrive are heros, and the last to arrive are villains.

Its just more obviously stupid when its an alien planet and neither one has any claim to being "native".
Uhhh....that's basically how I feel. First to show up is king of that piece of dirt. It's claimed at that point. Second to show up is an invader if uninvited. The thing I take issue with is thinking there's some sort of moral obligation for conquerors to repay the conquered.

Both things can be true. The first to arrive has the claim to the dirt, and that claim means fuckall if they're conquered by an outside force.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vuuxo

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Its hilarious how all the leftists are criticizing this as "colonizer fiction". (e.g. CNN)

Complaining about colonizers. On an alien planet. The ones who get there first are magically the good guys and the ones who get there second are automatically the bad guys.

The funniest part is how thinking about their complaints for even a second highlights how stupid the colonizer complaints are in real life. Because its exactly the same -- the second to last to arrive are heros, and the last to arrive are villains.

Its just more obviously stupid when its an alien planet and neither one has any claim to being "native".
The cult has nothing better to do than to fill the airwaves and screens with buzzwords and lies. It's a fucking movie. They're only attacking it because it didn't push their agenda or narrative.

Fuck Cult News Network.

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Bandwagon, my point is theyre both (fremen and empire) literally alien invaders. neither has some kind of inherent right to the planet. It makes the colonizer complaint ridiculous.

Siliconemelons

I always saw in Dune that none of the claimants really were good, Paul’s fam, Hark’s or the desert bros- it’s just someone or some house was going to be the overall winner and this is who it became and this is the story - I mean then someone turns into a big worm and keeps his poop only for those he likes… or something

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Bandwagon, my point is theyre both (fremen and empire) literally alien invaders. neither has some kind of inherent right to the planet. It makes the colonizer complaint ridiculous.
We agree that the colonizer complaint is more or less ridiculous anyways. (Or, at least, it's ridiculous to automatically view 'colonizer' as a negative, absent any context whatsoever)

My viewpoint essentially comes down to "first come, first serve" and "might makes right". In both instances, "colonizer" is relevant. In both instances, "colonizer" has no moral implications whatsoever.

• 1Like

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Complaining about "colonizers" is what loser societies do.

I also find it funny when I read a, "What were Herbert's political views?" and watch Redditors try to dance around Herbert's story (and himself) being a right-winger.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I colonized the AMC bathrooms afterwards if that helps.

• 1Great Review

nu_11

Golden Baronet of the Realm

I also find it funny when I read a, "What were Herbert's political views?" and watch Redditors try to dance around Herbert's story (and himself) being a right-winger.

Herbert was a Republican who believed in self-determination and improvement.

Anyone glorifying the Fremen are retarded, because ultimately the Fremen become a husk of their former selves as they integrate with the empire.

• 1Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>

51eKpWB079L._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Gask

Bronze Baron of the Realm
There's something about Zendaya that is kind of hot and I'm not really a fan of the purple puss 99% of the time, nor do I have Jungle Fever. Zoe Saldana is another one that I find hot as fuck for some weird reason.

• 1Barf
  • 1Worf

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Dune is a weird story that gets progressively weirder the longer it goes on, and trying to draw real-world partisan allegories in either direction usually means you're being retarded.

If there's one political lesson to learn from Dune, it's "dealing with sand people is fucking expensive."

• 10Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 11 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
There's something about Zendaya that is kind of hot and I'm not really a fan of the purple puss 99% of the time, nor do I have Jungle Fever. Zoe Saldana is another one that I find hot as fuck for some weird reason.
Right there with ya buddy. I didn't like her at all before and expected her to ruin this movie for me, but I liked her in it.

Physically, I'm attracted to regular ass women. I don't like makeup, high heels or nails. An authentic farm/ranch girl is exactly what I like, and I don't care if she's in Carhartt and shit kickers or if she's barefoot and wearing a dress. Personality wise, a lot of the women in the UFC are my cup of tea. Legitimately tough women that just strive to be excellent human beings....not girls that are trying to prove they're better than the boys.

I thought Denis and Zendaya did a great job threading the needle with her in this movie, in that regard. She was 90% angry tough cunt / 10% swooning love interest. If she hadn't had a few flirty & sweet moments with Paul, I don't think I'd feel the same way. Same is true if the percentages were flipped.

I recognize that I'm an outlier with the type of women I like and liking Zendaya is a wildly unpopular opinion here, but I was really surprised with how much I liked her in this movie. I think you'd be hard pressed to have written and acted a better woman for --me--. As far as I'm concerned....credit where credit is due.

As far as how well she matches the Chani from the books? Fuck if I know and I'm not going to defend anything in that regard.

Edit: just for a little extra context, Charlize Theron in Fury Road and Michelle Rodriguez in Avatar 1 are some of the hottest examples I can think of off the top of my head. So if you're one of those guys that likes princesses and bimbos, feel free to ignore my opinion.

Last edited:
  • 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Direct to DVD
Reactions: 5 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>

Every fucking place on earth that was colonized in one way or another by whitey turned out to be 1000% better than before colonization.

• 5Like
  • 3Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Oh, and I think this prediction ended up being barely half correct. Walken wasn't really over the top, but he wasn't as terrifying as I'd hoped.
I have the utmost confidence in Villeneuve's ability to make Walken terrifying without being over the top.

spronk

FPS noob
Every fucking place on earth that was colonized in one way or another by whitey turned out to be 1000% better than before colonization.

the new societies developing in the west are being colonized by asians, south americans, and africans and it will be "1000% better than before".... for them

Alanis Morissette Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
I couldn't be any less attracted to Zendaya than I already am. She is beyond plain, just a "5" in almost every single way. There are significantly hotter mixed racers, and she is not one of them - not that she's horrifically ugly or anything. It's just incredible how bland she is across the board, looks-wise. Just the perfect zoomer icon, just pure "meh" and mediocrity with an ambiguous multicultural look.

That Cleopatra casting photo really helps her out, btw - she really even looks something akin to that.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
You already know what type of character Cleopatra is going to be since she only know only one character to play. I have never watched Euphoria, does she play a different character in that?

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Herbert was a Republican who believed in self-determination and improvement.

Anyone glorifying the Fremen are retarded, because ultimately the Fremen become a husk of their former selves as they integrate with the empire.
Republican? What? He might fit the mold of a more modern republican, but he was nothing like the republicans of back then. And let’s just say his model of improvement may have ideally included eugenics.