Ebola is coming...

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Ebola Outbreak in Guinea May Spread to Liberia - ABC News

An outbreak of the deadly Ebola virus is believed to have killed at least 59 people in Guinea and may already have spread to neighboring Liberia, health officials said Monday.
"The team is already investigating the situation, tracing contacts, collecting blood samples and sensitizing local health authorities on the disease," Liberian Health Minister Walter Gwenigale sai
"Communities in the affected region stretch across the borders and people move freely within this area. This poses a serious risk of the epidemic becoming widespread with devastating consequences," he said.

The World Health Organization said it is dispatching experts to help ministry officials in Guinea.

Efforts were underway to keep the virus from reaching the capital of Conakry, home to some 3 million people. Panic erupted Sunday amid reports that two of the deaths had occurred in the capital. However, on Monday authorities said that those cases were only under investigation and later proved not to be positive for the virus.

As the government issued messages on state radio and television urging people to wash their hands and avoid contact with sick people, medical officials said supplies of chlorine and bleach were running out at stores.

"I usually take a taxi to get to work but in order to avoid contact with strangers, I'm going to walk instead, said Touka Mara, a teacher in Conakry.
With that said the virus kills too quickly that I doubt it would ever make it to the US.

Recommended reading:Amazon.com: The Hot Zone: A Terrifying True Story : Richard Preston, Richard M. Davidson: Books

Chesire_sl

shitlord
1951 200 million africans
2011 one billion africans

Inspite of 6 decades of the four horseman on holiday across the continent, they are still not on the endangered species lists. Ebola ain't shit , shut down the plumpy nut plant if you really want less africans.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
From the wiki. Shit is no joke. Last part of the prognosis is kind of fucked up.

Ebola virus disease - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Prognosis

In general, prognosis is poor (average case-fatality rate of all EVD outbreaks to date = 68%). If a patient survives, recovery may be prompt and complete, or protracted with sequelae, such as orchitis, arthralgia, myalgia, desquamation, or alopecia. Ocular manifestations, such as photophobia, hyperlacrimation, iritis, iridocyclitis, choroiditis and blindness have also been described.It is important to note that EBOV and SUDV are known to be able to persist in the sperm of some survivors, which could give rise to secondary infections and disease via sexual intercourse.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Every time I hear news about Ebola I always think back to Transmetropolitan.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
I'm not worried either, but the thought of Ebola ever evolving to have a longer gestation period (or whatever the fuck the term is), is pretty terrifying. The only reason it's not a massive problem is that it kills people too quickly. Add a couple more days in there before you get horrifically ill and suddenly we have a nightmare scenario.

Cybsled

That's why having OCD is helpful...you're already paranoid about the actions or behaviors which commonly spread illness
wink.png

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Just noticed the comment in OP about Ebola not being able to make it to the US. It did once already see Ebola Reston (always a geographic location associated with particular strains)