Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Str softcaps at 80, so at least get that, and can't hurt to pump endurance for stamina and equip load. Then you can push str to 99 just to squeeze as much damage as you can.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
Str 80, Vita 85 , end I thing 35 now.
(2) 2-h colossus swords , power stance: I just killed Margott my first try! I may even have had half my hp's.

Capital is wild. I kept getting jumped every time I turned a corner. This game is awesome.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
You might consider adding a little faith to get some buffs. They can be pretty significant versus a 60+ stat point. Buff stacking rules are a little weird though. Golden vow and jellyfish shield are good and easy to get.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Bunch of faggots.

Str to 99 then refuse to level up anymore in protest of the bullshit str cap

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Someone is playing it his first time and actually asking advice. You’re the shitter atm.

Asking for advice is totally fine, by "shitting up the thread" I was referring to this:

Love how you think you speak for everyone with this nonsense.
Just those who want a more seamless illusion of control over their videogame character. Maybe you prefer a more asynchronous style so you have time to post dumbass responses inbetween.
Just idiots who need anime physics because they're fucking retarded

Thought it was gonna spiral into another multi-page bullshit fest like so many other bicker-fests do around here, but it didn't, so that's good.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Asking for advice is totally fine, by "shitting up the thread" I was referring to this:

Thought it was gonna spiral into another multi-page bullshit fest like so many other bicker-fests do around here, but it didn't, so that's good.

Glad you're here too keep the shitshow rolling

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Str 80, Vita 85 , end I thing 35 now.
(2) 2-h colossus swords , power stance: I just killed Margott my first try! I may even have had half my hp's.

Capital is wild. I kept getting jumped every time I turned a corner. This game is awesome.

Str/Vit 60 and End 60 throwing the remaining points in Faith is going to do you more favours.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Str/Vit 60 and End 60 throwing the remaining points in Faith is going to do you more favours.

I had good results going past 60 on Vigor, personally. Soft cap or not, it's good up until 99. I got that life meter as maxed-out as it would go. As a katana-user, Dex was worth it up until 80, and I think I got by with like 50 End without having it be a problem.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
1677533527668.png

• 13Worf
  • 3Like
Reactions: 15 users

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
Tonights noob questions:

Found pope turtle (WTF) , he sold me spells that I have stats for so I should be able to cast. Except they are greyed out. Do I need a wand or something and is it something I can buy from a vendor?

Found a golden needle , regular needle , and tailor kit. I now have an option at sites of grace to alter armor. I looked at my general R armor , and the only option is to remove the cape , which is ok but why are the stats red? What is the point of altering armor to make it worse? This isn't brexit!

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Tonights noob questions:

Found pope turtle (WTF) , he sold me spells that I have stats for so I should be able to cast. Except they are greyed out. Do I need a wand or something and is it something I can buy from a vendor?

Found a golden needle , regular needle , and tailor kit. I now have an option at sites of grace to alter armor. I looked at my general R armor , and the only option is to remove the cape , which is ok but why are the stats red? What is the point of altering armor to make it worse? This isn't brexit!

If you bought Incantations you'll need a Seal to cast them. Similarly, if you bought a Sorcery then you'll need a Staff to cast them. You can buy cheap versions from the vendor in Roundtable Hold (Seal deffo not sure on Staff).

There's a questline around the needles and altering your appearance. When you get God armour, boss gear from one of the Roundtable Vendors, you can only alter that with the Golden Needle.

Also, on incantations, there's a low level poison spell you can pick up in Weeping Peninsula that allows you to sneak up behind bosses and poison them without them taking any action against you as long as you stay out of their LoS. It's a good way to kill static mobs that are usually problematic.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

FINALLY.

The vibe I'm getting is that this is way off, though. No real information, etc.

From the picture, maybe this is the Land of Reeds? Wasn't sure if they were gonna leave that for Elden Ring 2 or not.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
FINALLY.

The vibe I'm getting is that this is way off, though. No real information, etc.

From the picture, maybe this is the Land of Reeds? Wasn't sure if they were gonna leave that for Elden Ring 2 or not.

Yeah this isn't some DLC piece of shit. It's a full blown traditional expac, basically Ring part 2.

They're delivering on what everyone hoped for after some long periods of radio silence.

This is gonna rock.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Tried playing some today with my "new" monitor and I noticed I got some horizontal blur/tearing when sprinting around in the grass area. I got gsync on and vsync off and have not seen it before. No other game have that issue either right now.

Looked like a line that moved up and down when moving the camera.