i6kr5rck2mk81.png

• 8Like
  • 8Worf
  • 2Truth!
Reactions: 17 users

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
dogs and rats are always annoying in these games, but the goddamn birds in this one!

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 4 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Discount harpies. They're just falcons with swords tied to their feet.

Lord Godrick must be running low on the defense budget. Damned if they aren't effective tho.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
As a bow user who needs pinion, FUCK BIRDS AND THEIR FLYING ASSHOLES.

Yeah I'm thinking the change they made back in DS3 (or ds2 maybe?) to reduce carried quantity of arrows to 99 really messes with archery build viability. I guess you'd have to have 99 of many different types of arrows to compensate, which means you're crafting 2+ types of arrows constantly.

DS1 you could just carry your 600 arrows with you.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I need to use more throwing weapons. The fact that your pots dont get lost as mats makes it way more accessible I am just not used to using them.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
You bros being mad about sword eagles, just wait until you get to the REAL harpies

Think I'm finally over the hump with sorcery? This gravity meteor thing appears to be 100% busted as fuck and staggers dragons in like 2-3 casts lol.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
I am just going to ramble about my most recent realizations and discoveries, because this is where we do such things.

I love how many secrets are in the game. When I played through the Souls series, I played with a guidebook or the wiki, because I am a collect-a-holic and had to find everything. Here, because it just launched, nobody knows everything yet, so I don't have that niggling urge to go look shit up, unless I can see it and not figure out how to get it.

Today for example, I was randomly roaming Liurnia, clearing out the lake, after completing the left/right highlands. Killing some giant shrimps as I go, and I randomly run into one with gold eyes. Hey, thats different I think. I kill it, and a fucking Grafted Scion pops out of its corpse. I kill that, and I get a Larval Tear, awesome!

I took out Rennala right before leaving for work (she is way easier than Godrick). Yet... I feel like I am missing so much in Raya Lucaria. There are items that I have physically seen that I have yet to get, plus, I know Stormveil had the hidden boss in the basement. Does Raya Lucaria have one too? Gotta find out!

Also, I accidentally duplicated Godrick's soul a second time (after I got both drops). I am assuming I just need to eat this one for Runes, as it won't let me get a second Dragon Fist to dual wield.

Finally, something that I absolutely love that they did with this game, is the additions to magic. A lot of the base spells are very clearly lifted from the Souls series, and just given new names, and some new particle effects. Glintstone Pebble? Magic Dart. Flame Sling? Fireball, etc. However they added whole new sub classes to Sorceries and Incanations that are great. Gravity Sorcery, Blood Sorcery, Madness Incanations, Dragon/Beast Incanations. I am not sure if the Full Moon sorceries were ported from the Souls games, or if they are brand new as well. But I love being a Faith build and not having to just chuck lightning at everybody anymore. Although I do have a nifty Frost Lightning spell that never existed previously either, that's pretty cool too.

A little over 60 hours now and I have fully cleared Limgrave (I am pretty sure), but I still have the Carian Manor in the north and Manus Ceres in the West before Liurnia is done. I have barely touched Caelid or the underground, much less Altus, the volcano, the capital, or whatever the snow area is called. So....much...fucking...game.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
My favorite boss so far is the big stag thing. The aesthetic and music was just awesome.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Servers down? I just got a message that said: "Inappropriate activity detected returning to title" and now I can't log back in.

NM they back up, I was mid boss fight. Fuckers.

• 1Rustled
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Servers down? I just got a message that said: "Inappropriate activity detected returning to title" and now I can't log back in.
Probably from Adebisi Adebisi abusing the cliff ball exp exploit.

You should probably go for a walk and get some food anyway. I’m guessing your family misses you. Also blood clots.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users