Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
As a caster, I have done the rock toss or the Bow spell to good effect, even with his resists to Sorcery. MLGS with the Godrick talisman and other gear has seemed to be the easiest way to beat both phases.

The cast times and sluggish animations on Incants were brutal compared to Sorcery. Not sure if anything was ever done to address that or if it was considered intentional design to make Incant feel different. You had to research the incants with good casting speed, whereas with Sorcery you had everything fast casting or at least felt viable. Half the incantation school was junk. I saw some good tuning patches but Sorcery is still probably the go-to magic school for a caster play.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
If you are running a summon for this fight, Poop Man is by far the best option, as well. There is also a black assassin dagger you can get that does a similar percentage dot thing and all three effects can be active at once. I had to resort to that retardation on my dagger run because getting close enough to dagger or whip EB was basically impossible and even if I did my bleed was not going to do anything.

I tried Black Knight Tiche and it did a ton of damage to both bosses, but always croaked near the beginning of the second fight.

Never used poop man so he's level 1. What's so good about him?

As a caster, I have done the rock toss or the Bow spell to good effect, even with his resists to Sorcery. MLGS with the Godrick talisman and other gear has seemed to be the easiest way to beat both phases.

I'm gonna try that Raduvia strat with Tiche in tow (or maybe Mimic Tear at that point?), and if that doesn't work, MLGS. I've got MLGS totally maxed out.

Another point is if you summon a player phantom to help and they face plant, grats on a much harder fight

Yeah, that's what happens in 95% of the Malenia fights I get summoned to. People just die off. Summoner making it way harder on themselves.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Poop man is one of the hardest to kill summons if not the hardest to kill summons in the game. And he has debuffs that land on EVERYTHING in the game. Plus his DPS is not exactly shabby either. It takes a lot of effort to get Poo Man, but he really is the best summon in the game (mimic and the assasin being close seconds). Seriously give him a try.

If you rock Tich, try to save her til EB and dont bother with the black dagger (same debuff) in that setup. If you are good at dropping Radigan, this is probably your easiest path to victory. Personally, Radigan seem to be my biggest problem.

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The cast times and sluggish animations on Incants were brutal compared to Sorcery. Not sure if anything was ever done to address that or if it was considered intentional design to make Incant feel different. You had to research the incants with good casting speed, whereas with Sorcery you had everything fast casting or at least felt viable. Half the incantation school was junk. I saw some good tuning patches but Sorcery is still probably the go-to magic school for a caster play.
Sorcery is always the best for two reasons. First, Night Commet is the best spell in the game for efficiency, ease of use, and the AI being hard coded to not dodge it. Second, so much of the game is cheesed by Comet. Bonus points, MLGS makes every caster build also a really powerful melee build.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If you want a broken weapon on trash then the sword you can choose after the first clear is just insane with a Faith build. Next to useless on many bosses due to their high saves but you stand at the entrance in the Mohgwyn zone and just keep clearing and resetting you’ll cap your stats in short order.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The worlds and characters/monsters they create are so out there I think a definitive story would ruin a lot of the atmosphere in their games.

"What the actual fuck is going on this place?" Works well in these games

question asks GIF

It’s like the atomsphere exploration of Fallout. Nothing beats walking into a room and seeing dead bodies lined up in a row or hanging from different positions. That whole “wtf!?!?” Is the best part.

Just platted Bloodborne btw Chanur Chanur . 10/10

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
question asks GIF

It’s like the atomsphere exploration of Fallout. Nothing beats walking into a room and seeing dead bodies lined up in a row or hanging from different positions. That whole “wtf!?!?” Is the best part.

Welcome to the club my man!

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Finished Old Hunters too.

Orphan was a mother fucker.

also I had to look up how to start the DLC lol
Still salty as fuck about my tonitrus build, was about level 60 and once shot the last boss...didn't think I would and didn't know it immediately put you into NG+ so trying the DLC on NG+ for the first time at level 60 didn't go so well...

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I think I want to do like a Dragon Knight build.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Poop man is one of the hardest to kill summons if not the hardest to kill summons in the game. And he has debuffs that land on EVERYTHING in the game. Plus his DPS is not exactly shabby either. It takes a lot of effort to get Poo Man, but he really is the best summon in the game (mimic and the assasin being close seconds). Seriously give him a try.

If you rock Tich, try to save her til EB and dont bother with the black dagger (same debuff) in that setup. If you are good at dropping Radigan, this is probably your easiest path to victory. Personally, Radigan seem to be my biggest problem.

Damn, I don't seem to have Poo Man.

Holding back on summon is an idea. However Radagon is also more of a problem for me than EB. Funny thing is, in the past I remember Radagon being easy and EB being the hassle. Now on NG+3 Radagon is the one draining all the heals.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
question asks GIF

GG lad. I had to summon help for Lawrence and Orphan (somehow scraped by Ludwig myself). I want a rematch with Old Hunters to see if I can do it all myself, but I'm waiting for the remaster that we're definitely getting.... Soon (tm)

• 2Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I like the lion boss in the DLC trailer. Lot of people pointing out that it's clearly multiple warriors (like Hoarah Loux) in a lion costume, rather than an actual monster.

This is a very cool idea for a boss fight and they could do a lot with it.

Here's an example of this in the real world, multiple people controlling a lion costume and telling a story from Sun WuKong the monkey king:

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
So Character isn't gonna matter they are adding the Sekiro Boss Level system... as you kill more boss's in the Shadow lands attack/defense power increases, no need for starting over worrying about pushing the DLCs shit in.

• 2Like

Fucker

Log Wizard
So Character isn't gonna matter they are adding the Sekiro Boss Level system... as you kill more boss's in the Shadow lands attack/defense power increases, no need for starting over worrying about pushing the DLCs shit in.
Good!

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Still going to start over. Why waste a perfectly good excuse to play through again.

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Looks like they buffed Radann up to his release levels. Sure wish they would make up their mind about him. Last time I played the game, I was able to beat him pretty convincingly in one or two tries with a melee build, but this time out he just seems to do way too much damage and massive hit boxes to his attack patterns just like he was at release.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user