EQ TLP - Mischief (Free Trade / Random Loot)

Keystone

Lord Nagafen Raider
I’d def come back and play a FV server.
I doubt it will happen but it would be amazing if they left focus items in again for casters too. Otherwise it’s boring gear choice all way to luclin.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Season of Mastery but on EQ TLP would be a good option.

Harder content across the board.
I think it'd work better than it did for WoW.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I wish they would just do one "normal" and one "special" ruleset per cycle. Mangler and selo for a good example, or aradune and rizlona. Mischief was a brilliant ruleset, by why a second underutilized server unless for a planned merge?

They should also consider a non truebox at least every other cycle. It's not just for all the antisocial mass boxers to go to, its for everyone who hates them and doesn't want them ruining their own idiotic ideals to have them go somewhere else. People on rizlona were happy to be there and a whole lot of people not on rizlona were happy to have them over there.

My biggest ask would be a post classic start though. Making it 1mo/2mo is just a bandaid. Shits boring. Start in at least kunark if not luclin, so people can level in the excellent content there that's wasted every tlp.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I wish they would just do one "normal" and one "special" ruleset per cycle. Mangler and selo for a good example, or aradune and rizlona. Mischief was a brilliant ruleset, by why a second underutilized server unless for a planned merge?

They should also consider a non truebox at least every other cycle. It's not just for all the antisocial mass boxers to go to, its for everyone who hates them and doesn't want them ruining their own idiotic ideals to have them go somewhere else. People on rizlona were happy to be there and a whole lot of people not on rizlona were happy to have them over there.

My biggest ask would be a post classic start though. Making it 1mo/2mo is just a bandaid. Shits boring. Start in at least kunark if not luclin, so people can level in the excellent content there that's wasted every tlp.
There was a planned merge for TB/Mischief before launch. My guess is May-July timeframe of 2022 we'll see it.

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider

One of the best parts of Selo was that it started in Luclin.

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
There was a planned merge for TB/Mischief before launch. My guess is May-July timeframe of 2022 we'll see it.

They never planned a 2nd server. Only reason they did a 2nd server is people yelled and screamed they HAD to have a 2nd server to handle the mass of people.

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
They never planned a 2nd server. Only reason they did a 2nd server is people yelled and screamed they HAD to have a 2nd server to handle the mass of people.

Pretty sure you're replying to the guy that led the campaign to create a 2nd server.

Xeris

Trakanon Raider
A TLP that doesn't just have classic open would be a big success. Give Velious or Luclin start to open up the world.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
If we're submitting wishes I'd like them to graft on to EQ the league rewards system that Path of Exile has. Rather than just have the shit launch and whatever include a series of achievements for people to work towards with cute little perks and then some other extra glitter for firsts and a meta achievement that spans several expansions. They already have all the achievement infrastructure in place, just need to tailor it to TLPs.

• 1Like

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If we're submitting wishes I'd like them to graft on to EQ the league rewards system that Path of Exile has. Rather than just have the shit launch and whatever include a series of achievements for people to work towards with cute little perks and then some other extra glitter for firsts and a meta achievement that spans several expansions. They already have all the achievement infrastructure in place, just need to tailor it to TLPs.

I'm curious if the combine achievement infrastructure still exists. I assume they at least have the tools if nothing else since they did an omens race.

They'd honestly make a god damn fortune if they ran seasonal, say 6 month, servers that went to quarm. Transfers dump you somewhere like agnarr when they end. Sell stuff like bags and mounts good each cycle; make bank on the pots from the churn.

• 1Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I'm curious if the combine achievement infrastructure still exists. I assume they at least have the tools if nothing else since they did an omens race.

They'd honestly make a god damn fortune if they ran seasonal, say 6 month, servers that went to quarm. Transfers dump you somewhere like agnarr when they end. Sell stuff like bags and mounts good each cycle; make bank on the pots from the churn.

That leaderboard/website was such a cool idea. If they had continued to iterate on it rather than throw it in the dumpster they'd probably have now exactly what I'm envisioning.

Also, I would like every server first item drop/quest reward (within reason) to have a unique frame and background.

• 1Like

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Did Zaide? I remember Vicious making a lot of posts about it on the official forums.
Vicious and I had an opportunity to meet with a member of their staff in voice to make the case for the second server. Part of that chat involved a conversation about how and when server mergers would *probably* happen.

The forum noise was to show that the idea was popular. For some reason they really care about posts being “liked” on the forums lmao.

There was also a period of time where they had TB ready to spin up but only if Mischief had a massive queue. So then there was a big push for not just a second server but the simultaneous launch of those servers.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Cyrr

Trakanon Raider
A TLP that doesn't just have classic open would be a big success. Give Velious or Luclin start to open up the world.
Yeah, i'm genuinely surprised we got FV / free trade before we got a TLP with Kunark / Velious at launch.

• 1Like

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, i'm genuinely surprised we got FV / free trade before we got a TLP with Kunark / Velious at launch.
I think we have a better chance at getting old Freeport before a TLP with Kunark+ launch. DBG seems pretty set on having to launch at classic for all those neckbeards who insist on it.

Keystone

Lord Nagafen Raider
Velious is a pretty big step forward in gear and stuff - but I think a Kunark/Classic launch would be amazing since you'd still need plenty of gear from both and have reasons to go, and it would enable people to start as Iksars at least. If we're talking ideal, I think for me that's it - start with classic/kunark a few months then into velious, but most importantly leave caster focus' active so we have something to care about.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I'd rather not start in early expansion EQ again ever.

Do a TSS launch, mischief bonus loot, 1 month unlocks for each expansion, Selo server exp rate and free trade.

Yeah, I've been calling for a TSS launch server for ages. There's a ridiculous amount of 1-70 leveling content in TSS that goes mostly unused because everyone is 70 already every time it comes around. Plus you have frogs, zerkers, bsts, etc available from the get-go.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Vicious and I had an opportunity to meet with a member of their staff in voice to make the case for the second server. Part of that chat involved a conversation about how and when server mergers would *probably* happen.

The forum noise was to show that the idea was popular. For some reason they really care about posts being “liked” on the forums lmao.

There was also a period of time where they had TB ready to spin up but only if Mischief had a massive queue. So then there was a big push for not just a second server but the simultaneous launch of those servers.

They care about likes, eh?

Let's get some more likes on my Innate Eminence thread and fix the game's most useless AA!