EQ TLP - Mischief (Free Trade / Random Loot)

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, very common drop from Zoo (maybe guaranteed? I always got it on my Zoo kills). If later era zerkers couldn't get it it was probably because they didn't have friends willing to help out (or didn't know about the zoo drop).

The other places are tough because you'd have to do Inkuta, which is probably what you're thinking of being a big cockblock (particularly the cursecaller event).

The Cursecallers are really tough even out of era. The last shard I needed to finish BIC was Inktuta of all places and I remember going back there with like 25-30 people at level 75 or 80 or something just to get me a shard. We won, but we got our asses kicked in the process. Was shocking. I think the event might have been bugged because we were getting absolutely inundated with DT mobs, rooted, the whole nine.

PSA: If doing BIC, make sure you get Inktuta shard in-era too. It's the only one you can't go back and roll in the following expansions. Txevu is 2nd place in terms of BIC things you really want to finish ASAP.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
frenzys just like a kick right it doesnt scale off your wep or anything? idk how i never bothered playing this class lol
absolute dps machine dear GOD
View attachment 405945

also if anybody has one of these for sale hit me up: Meljeldin, Bane of Giants

Frenzy scales off of your weapon's DMG, plus the Frenzy stat. So an item with 25 Frenzy on it or something is a nice hit to it. In SoD at level 75 you can get a bunch of Frenzy type 3 augs very easily (I still use the best ones at 120).

This also means that in later expansions where 2HB = damage and 2HP = speed with 2HS in-between, 2HB is optimum because it's giving you the best Frenzy damage, and Frenzy is a decent to very large component of your DPS depending on era.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
The Cursecallers are really tough even out of era. The last shard I needed to finish BIC was Inktuta of all places and I remember going back there with like 25-30 people at level 75 or 80 or something just to get me a shard. We won, but we got our asses kicked in the process. Was shocking. I think the event might have been bugged because we were getting absolutely inundated with DT mobs, rooted, the whole nine.

PSA: If doing BIC, make sure you get Inktuta shard in-era too. It's the only one you can't go back and roll in the following expansions. Txevu is 2nd place in terms of BIC things you really want to finish ASAP.

The shard difficulty is not really the same for Mischief, though. Primals share with Inktuta among others, so it's actually probably going to be one of the easier ones this time around. A friend last night got the Inktuta shard off his first primal kill (and two Chaos Runes from three Primals) and I couldn't help but laugh. I'm guessing Txevu/Tacvi will be the "hardest" on Mischief and about equal for difficulty.

That's one of the wonderful things about how Mischief handles quest items... makes a lot of cockblock type stuff much less of a headache.

Last edited:

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
We had a loot rule back on selo that if someone was willing to spend some super high dkp amount (it was set at a number that only a few top tier items tended to be outbid by) the guild would go back and raid that shit for you. So, one day, a new warrior decided he wanted to finish bic and he dropped the points for it. We actually had a fucking blast doing inktuta full force.

The problem with cursecallers is the less people you bring, the higher % are targets for the dt, and also for the debuffs. You may want to consider killing the dt mobs and not just the statics if doing it with high power level but low numbers.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Key to Inktuta is just shit spamming pets with taunt on. The second they taunt a DT mob it DTs the pet and explodes. As long as people aren't around when it pops, no harm no foul. Shaman pets and SK pets with decent summon times are great for this.

kinadin

<Gold Donor>
Key to Inktuta is just shit spamming pets with taunt on. The second they taunt a DT mob it DTs the pet and explodes. As long as people aren't around when it pops, no harm no foul. Shaman pets and SK pets with decent summon times are great for this.
Taunt changes fucked that all up so it's way more inconsistent to use pets than it used to be. It's a noticeable difference between when I did it on Selo and current Mischief.

edit: I had more success if I could get the pet to approach from the front and get a taunt off, as opposed to chasing, for some reason. On Selo, chasing with pets would usually result in a DT more frequently, but it almost never happened across the board on Test or Wednesday.

Last edited:

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Inktu'ta (Noqufiel) is absolutely the highest priority BiC piece.

The Zun and Tunat pieces will rot after not too long.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Inktu'ta (Noqufiel) is absolutely the highest priority BiC piece.

The Zun and Tunat pieces will rot after not too long.
Again, that's true for other servers, not mischief. You can get that piece from doing primals, ikkinz raids, inktuta, and taskmistress, if not more. Yes, it's not going to be a guaranteed drop from that other stuff but everybody and their mother are going to be doing primals every week with their six-man groups.

So far I haven't seen anything super easy that is dropping txevu or tacvi loot, unless you want to count the two anueks in texvu, and that's going to be harder overall for most small mans because of clearing and flagging.

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
Based on how stuff has been dropping my guess is Cyno will be the rarest BiC piece on Mischief. Well atleast in era.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Again, that's true for other servers, not mischief. You can get that piece from doing primals, ikkinz raids, inktuta, and taskmistress, if not more. Yes, it's not going to be a guaranteed drop from that other stuff but everybody and their mother are going to be doing primals every week with their six-man groups.

So far I haven't seen anything super easy that is dropping txevu or tacvi loot, unless you want to count the two anueks in texvu, and that's going to be harder overall for most small mans because of clearing and flagging.

Yeah, I was mostly referring to general other servers / future servers when I talked about prioritizing Inktuta's shard. Mischief is its own beast, where up is down and down is up.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Cyno and Zoo seem to be on their own table together, yeah?
Cyno and Zoo def share a tier. You can 3 group Cyno and 1-2 group Zoo I'd guess so it should be pretty easy to mass farm them. That said, none of the items will be hard to farm.

• 1Like

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
Cyno and Zoo seem to be on their own table together, yeah?

Yeah, but with the way Tacvi and Tvexu share that's where 90% of the good loot drops and that's what people are gonna wanna farm for 2 months straight. People just aren't gonna wanna do Cyno/Zoo all that badly.

With how the server works anyone that takes the time to do the whole quest chain will get the raid pieces rather easy.

• 1Like

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
We had one person get banned who hasn't played in a month, and definitely was not using SEQ or MQ2.

kinadin

<Gold Donor>
Historically, it seems to vary based on the account or what they were caught doing. I would imagine that prior reports of "automation" or "disruption" play a role once the account is flagged. They do punish on a scale for sure though based on how they handled that loyalty vendor exploit a few years ago.

Sieger Sieger you guys got anything from 7 to 30 days during the Bertox MQ wave, right? And had one person permanently banned from the loyalty vendor exploit?

Sieger

Trakanon Raider
Nah, no one gets suspended for 30 days. I've only seen that happen twice ever, and it was unrelated to anything recent--I think 30 day suspensions are something unique/deliberate a GM or CS does, not part of their normal "process." The normal escalation is 7-->14-->Ban, but it has some sort of window of time to it, because people who go a long time without another offense might get two 7s in a row.

For example there was a big suspension wave in early 2021 that hit a lot of people on live for 7 days. Some of those people got hit in the first suspension wave this year, and only got a 7 day. Which kind of makes sense, because it was a good 9 months later. This year they have done a wave on the first friday of each month of the year, and then this month they did it on the first Monday instead. So there have been 4 suspension waves. From what we can see the people who are now getting permabanned, are simply the people who had previously been hit a couple times in the prior waves--which is basically in line with their normal "escalation" process.

Loyalty vendor exploit we had three people permabanned over, all of them were given their accounts back in 6-8 weeks.

• 1Like

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Three split Tacvi second week of GoD. #Feelsgoodman
1649383987186.png