EQ TLP - Mischief (Free Trade / Random Loot)

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
LMAO what Rangers are strong as fuck in GoD and the 70 expansions.
Never said rangers are shit. I just said that they're no longer "EZMODE" DPS. People that play EQ love classes where they can just hit 1 button and then go watch Netflix. Believe me, I played an enchanter and was grouped with them constantly.

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
What’s interesting is that although I do love being able to exp and raid with relatively low APM (ranger) I think the things that I get the most enjoyment out of are the rare occasions where you can make a huge play and save the day. Prime example was our first AoW kill on mischief - we lost a few tanks and were on the edge of losing it. Taunt, weapon shield, give the raid and healers enough time to re establish tanks and boom - first time kill.

imready2go

WTF is a Raider?
<Gold Donor>
It's just class balance and content design. In god it begins as physical dps see massive power spikes with new weapons while caster ancients are a tiny upgrade and focuses go 5-10% at best. It's not awful yet though, and god is a wide expansion with some encounters you may still shine on. Oow breaks it as new gear and especially 2.0s shoot physical damage up and its a very narrow expac with just anguish awesome and that zone is resist city. You see shit like warriors in full threat generation and ac loadouts crushing classes like wizard on parses. It's no better in the group game. You are basically trash.

In the meantime, meaningful solo content really deteriorates too, so the appeal of being self sufficient despite weaker in groups or raids loses its benefit. You probably aren't soloing the higher end random god loot, and definitely not mpg group trials or rss named, etc. People get shit done with at least a semi formed group, and casters in these groups blow compared to melee. The spells are more small upgrades, while gear based damage keeps rising exponentially.

In tss the gap is still there but less pronounced. Good new spells, but melee clearly still superior. In sof they finally let casters go hogwild and pets especially become awesome. Rangers become the best pullers somewhere around there 80 or 85 but their dps goes to shit and everyone is getting so many tools it doesn't really matter; imo phase your trueshot armies out by por at the latest.
Thanks for the explanation. Makes me wonder what the thought process was for the devs back in the day.
I'm currently very casually fooling around with a mage, just for fun. But from the sounds of it, it won't be fun for much longer (and for at least for a good number of months after). Shame.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Why I just play bards and never worry about not being wanted :p And a very fun tool set that just gets better.

Never worry about parsing either, no one cares, even though iirc TSS was broken as fuck with the bellow upgrade. But that drops off fast as expansions go by.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Makes me wonder what the thought process was for the devs back in the day.
The same as it was since the start of the game? EQ was never really that good at balancing casters. They always had to contend with gear not really mattering that much and mobs just flat out being "immune" to their damage. Melee never really have to contend with the 2nd one and gear was always the largest increase of DPS for them. Hell, immunity is half the reason necros and mages still contributed at least *something* on certain raids.

They tried to give casters some "love" when they introduced focus effects, but it just never really mattered as much as haste, procs, stats, etc. do for melee.

Sterling

El Presidente
Thanks for the explanation. Makes me wonder what the thought process was for the devs back in the day.
I'm currently very casually fooling around with a mage, just for fun. But from the sounds of it, it won't be fun for much longer (and for at least for a good number of months after). Shame.
it existed but wasn't nearly as bad on live because Skillcaps and Combat Tables weren't what they are on TLP and there were far less fully geared characters.

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
That reminds me that it's almost January and you know what that means...

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
That reminds me that it's almost January and you know what that means...
Head down with Kronos n da bros ….?

1640306757445.jpeg

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
We do have scheduled raids, 1:30-4:30 eastern a few days a week. But we do all sorts of off day raiding and flagging.
Im home quarantining this week and yesterday we did off day… 7th hammer, AD, Saryn, Terri’s Thule, manaeic behemoth, bertox, Grummus

kinadin

<Gold Donor>
Is there a guild to join that flags and such but isn’t to hardcore, I play mostly at work Monk is 61 now.
Just a heads up - flagging is kind of weird because of how the loot tiering works at the moment. Our off night raids are doing some elemental plane stuff while on our regular raid nights we're doing lower tier stuff. That may make things a bit tricky as far as logistics if you're going the completion route for the charm since, I assume, smaller and more casual guilds may not be clearing every plane every week unless they're doing optional raids as well.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Would like something that when they raid is more around 7-10 CST, mainly looking for flags and exp groups. Don’t have time or inclination to be BiS or anything.

kinadin

<Gold Donor>
Would like something that when they raid is more around 7-10 CST, mainly looking for flags and exp groups. Don’t have time or inclination to be BiS or anything.
I think there's quite a few guilds that raid within that window, including the two guilds that most of us are in (Faceless & GIG). It may be good to peruse the forums and see what works best for you.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Was there another plat dupe or something? Krono on the march again in the last few days.
I think it’s just the effect of the small man crews being able to so effectively farm and move major items. I have a pal who has been in a guild of about 8-10 dudes who 6-12 box and they’re making 50-60 million plat per week per person by mass splitting.