EQ TLP - Oakwynd (Evolving Ruleset Progression Server)

OhSeven

Mediocre Negro
<Prior Amod>
Relaxed true box for 3 clients seems like the best solution I've heard. Still would be able to group with others and would make it a lot easier for the folks who want to run a full crew solo. Hell, with as many pictures I saw of 12+ laptops setups during mischief I wouldn't be surprised to see people running full raids solo/duo.

Mischief clone with all ZEMs equal and relaxed true box might get me inside again this summer. Add a TSS start and I'll not see the sun again.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Are you just looking through my post history for comments to troll? Because you seem to not understand the context of the comment

View attachment 457593
As for "people have been through worse," my oncologist assures me that I've been through more than 99% of her patients, literal "uncharted territory" as she calls it. She's a researcher at University of Michigan, she even contacted the doctor that ***invented the chemotherapy drug I was taking*** and they were both baffled by my case. Then I came out the other side with no immune system in the middle of a pandemic, and no support system because my family are bigger pieces of shit than I am.

Anyway, you think people have dug themselves out of worse holes, but you admit that I'll probably have a hard time getting hired anywhere? I know that a lot of the time when you hear this on the internet it's just pussy shit. When I was younger I would've questioned anyone I saw say it. But 4 years of intense chemotherapy / radiation / stem cell transplant / surgeries has left me with debilitating chronic fatigue. I tried working a retail gig and literally couldn't do it. And Michigan is an "at-will employment" state so being disabled doesn't really give me an easier time finding work like it does many places in the country.

Karma is a bitch btw, and you're a fellow Christian (so you claim), careful trolling cancer survivors. "Whatsoever you do to the least of my people, you do to me."
People who died might argue they've had it worse!

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
People who died might argue they've had it worse!
Lol

in case you're serious -- we were talking about finding a job after health problems. Clearly I was referring survivors. Doc says she's barely had any patients that have had as much chemo as me and come out the other side alive, especially not cisplatin chemo (one of the roughest ones).

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Lol

in case you're serious -- we were talking about finding a job after health problems. Clearly I was referring survivors. Doc says she's barely had any patients that have had as much chemo as me and come out the other side alive, especially not cisplatin chemo (one of the roughest ones).

You're not weaseling out of this one. You said 99% of your oncologist's patients. So, either you have the worst oncologist with a 99% fatality rate

OR YOU LIED

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Korzax Stonehammer

Blackwing Lair Raider
I really wish they'd try having the same ZEM in every zone on a TLP. It would really be fun leveling in different spots for once.
You are the master of your own destiny. Only you can decide your path in life.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
The same ZEM everywhere wouldn't change things as much as you think. Mob density, difficulty, and access often matter more.

I'd much prefer hot zones that rotate on a weekly or even daily basis.

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
You're not weaseling out of this one. You said 99% of your oncologist's patients. So, either you have the worst oncologist with a 99% fatality rate

OR YOU LIED
Counterpoint -- most humans ARE better off dead.

• 1Solidarity

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Are you just looking through my post history for comments to troll? Because you seem to not understand the context of the comment

View attachment 457593
As for "people have been through worse," my oncologist assures me that I've been through more than 99% of her patients, literal "uncharted territory" as she calls it. She's a researcher at University of Michigan, she even contacted the doctor that ***invented the chemotherapy drug I was taking*** and they were both baffled by my case. Then I came out the other side with no immune system in the middle of a pandemic, and no support system because my family are bigger pieces of shit than I am.

Anyway, you think people have dug themselves out of worse holes, but you admit that I'll probably have a hard time getting hired anywhere? I know that a lot of the time when you hear this on the internet it's just pussy shit. When I was younger I would've questioned anyone I saw say it. But 4 years of intense chemotherapy / radiation / stem cell transplant / surgeries has left me with debilitating chronic fatigue. I tried working a retail gig and literally couldn't do it. And Michigan is an "at-will employment" state so being disabled doesn't really give me an easier time finding work like it does many places in the country.

Karma is a bitch btw, and you're a fellow Christian (so you claim), careful trolling cancer survivors. "Whatsoever you do to the least of my people, you do to me."
I’ve survived worse cancer.

come at me bro

• 1Picard

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Somehow I forgot that that doctor that invented my chemotherapy regimen, who was baffled by my case, was the same doctor that treated Lance Armstrong's testicular cancer

To put into perspective how rough cisplatin is. I ended up doing megadose cisplatin at one point, too (my stem cell transplant was attached to that -- megadose cisplatin outright kills you without a stem cell transplant after):

"As a 32-year-old oncologist, Dr. Einhorn often was face-to-face with young men with this terminal disease. He dedicated himself to developing a better chemotherapy-based treatment, truly believing that it was incumbent upon him to improve the overall 5 percent survival rate.

"Within a year of his arrival at IU, he would test Cisplatin. The platinum-based drug had failed in a Phase I clinical trial with patients who had various end-stage cancers, including testis cancer. Cisplatin was found to be too toxic, causing severe vomiting, neuropathy, hearing loss and kidney damage in these patients, and it failed to stop the growth and spread of most of the cancers. But Dr. Einhorn was intrigued by the disease regression experienced by a very small number of testis cancer patients in the trial and developed a strategy to combine Cisplatin with two additional drugs that also were effective in killing testis cancer cells. His goal was to increase the likelihood of a longer remission in testis cancer patients."

Last edited:

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
Mischief clone with all ZEMs equal and relaxed true box might get me inside again this summer. Add a TSS start and I'll not see the sun again.
Both of these seem to look to shake up the default leveling path. If you're doing TSS start you're probably already avoiding most of the leveling highway of the regular TLP.

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
I'd probably come back to Mischief if they allowed relaxed boxing. Other than that, mischief was pretty solid.

• 1Dislike

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
Somehow I forgot that that doctor that invented my chemotherapy regimen, who was baffled by my case, was the same doctor that treated Lance Armstrong's testicular cancer

To put into perspective how rough cisplatin is. I ended up doing megadose cisplatin at one point, too (my stem cell transplant was attached to that -- megadose cisplatin outright kills you without a stem cell transplant after):

"As a 32-year-old oncologist, Dr. Einhorn often was face-to-face with young men with this terminal disease. He dedicated himself to developing a better chemotherapy-based treatment, truly believing that it was incumbent upon him to improve the overall 5 percent survival rate.

"Within a year of his arrival at IU, he would test Cisplatin. The platinum-based drug had failed in a Phase I clinical trial with patients who had various end-stage cancers, including testis cancer. Cisplatin was found to be too toxic, causing severe vomiting, neuropathy, hearing loss and kidney damage in these patients, and it failed to stop the growth and spread of most of the cancers. But Dr. Einhorn was intrigued by the disease regression experienced by a very small number of testis cancer patients in the trial and developed a strategy to combine Cisplatin with two additional drugs that also were effective in killing testis cancer cells. His goal was to increase the likelihood of a longer remission in testis cancer patients."
Will someone please make my year and add Pharmakos to the “Famous Patients” section of Larry Einhorn’s wikipedia

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

View attachment 457593
As for "people have been through worse," my oncologist assures me that I've been through more than 99% of her patients, literal "uncharted territory" as she calls it. She's a researcher at University of Michigan, she even contacted the doctor that ***invented the chemotherapy regimens I was taking*** and they were both baffled by my case. Then I came out the other side with no immune system in the middle of a pandemic, and no support system because my family are bigger pieces of shit than I am.

Dude, ignore Foler. He's a retard.

• 1Solidarity

Zapan

Lord Nagafen Raider
Relaxed true box for 3 clients seems like the best solution I've heard. Still would be able to group with others and would make it a lot easier for the folks who want to run a full crew solo. Hell, with as many pictures I saw of 12+ laptops setups during mischief I wouldn't be surprised to see people running full raids solo/duo.

How many people at a TSS start do you think we would see in Paludal Caverns?

+1 to this though. That initial grind to 75, AA’s and raid encounters would give all of the feels + a new experience imo.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Anything other than a classic start would be so much more fun. Vaniki was the first server I played that didnt start at classic, and it was such a breath of fresh air having so many different leveling paths. A Kunark start for once would be fantastic.

• 1Like

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's the bads + the krono farmers that want ANOTHER classic start. And half the bads quit before Kunark.

I'm always going to want a Luclin start (Selo proved this to be awesome), but 1 month of Vanilla + Kunark + Velious would be fine as well.

• 1Like

TairyGreene

Silver Knight of the Realm
It's the bads + the krono farmers that want ANOTHER classic start. And half the bads quit before Kunark.

I'm always going to want a Luclin start (Selo proved this to be awesome), but 1 month of Vanilla + Kunark + Velious would be fine as well.
Pretty sure it's the company, too. Bag & potion sales during a classic start are probably triple what they'd be in a Luclin start. At least 1 server will definitely start in classic.

• 1Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>

The world starts to feel so much smaller once PoK opens up, but the Luclin Spire system is the perfect happy medium. Servers with druid/wizard teleport economies warm the cockles of my old jaded heart.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Pretty sure it's the company, too. Bag & potion sales during a classic start are probably triple what they'd be in a Luclin start. At least 1 server will definitely start in classic.
Why? What in starting with luclin would make the same people not want bags and potions? Seems to me it’s more a population and outlook thing. Sure, if some people hate everything past pop they’d be less likely to spend since their time on their server would be shorter, but that really just goes back to population