EQ TLP - Oakwynd (Evolving Ruleset Progression Server)

Cukernaut

Sharpie Markers Aren't Pens
<Gold Donor>
It's not just that he was good. There's a lot of good players. It's that he was always good. He was putting in an A to A+ performance every minute he was online. It was crazy.

There are a lot of different parts of playing sk in raids.

a few examples:
Pulling
Offtanking or raid tanking
Shenanigans
DPS

Individually on topics, there were people who were on par with sazzabi, but nobody collectively maxed A+ on every topic like him. Got to play sk alongside him on 2 servers and was a lot of fun we had a lot of great conversations. We were usually neck and neck on Dps and he absolutely outclassed me on the rest- we would always compare notes on things and share gear strategies.

the best part is that man never spoke in discord and so we basically thought he was skynet, or a keyboard cat.

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
My guild folded in to another guild, and I didn't want to follow them to the new guild.

Main thing is I am not looking for another guild to be my second job and shit. I just want to login a couple nights a week, raid, and log the fuck out. Do either of those fit that mold?

Beimeith

Golden Knight of the Realm
I've been listening to a lot of these during my drives into work. Zaide mostly lets his guests do their thing which is well done imo.
The best part is guessing which parts of the stories interviewees tell will be wrong, edited, or just left out entirely. The same reason reading this forum is fun.

• 1Edgelord
Reactions: 1 user

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
My guild folded in to another guild, and I didn't want to follow them to the new guild.

Main thing is I am not looking for another guild to be my second job and shit. I just want to login a couple nights a week, raid, and log the fuck out. Do either of those fit that mold?
Any of the 3. I don’t wake up for bat phones. I just log on in the evenings and if there’s a raid I join up. Golden Roosters probably has a more set schedule.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yea if you want scheduled raid nights for DZs go for Roosters or FTE.

There's no attendance requirement in Insomnia but they are pretty schizophrenic when it comes to actually using their DZs

Cupcaek

Molten Core Raider
Feel like to many people have learned about how easy cascading is. One guild alone did 7 PDs in the 3 hours I was logged in last night. It’s easy loot but god must that be boring.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Pretty wild but at least people are taking advantage of the rule set. It would be worse if no one was doing it.

Cupcaek

Molten Core Raider
Pretty wild but at least people are taking advantage of the rule set. It would be worse if no one was doing it.
Cascading has nothing to do with the rule set. You can do it on any server really. Maybe because of the rule set you can giga cascade as you have more characters. But that’s about it.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Cascading has nothing to do with the rule set. You can do it on any server really. Maybe because of the rule set you can giga cascade as you have more characters. But that’s about it.
Of course it does. I mean, obviously you can do it on any server technically (at least after the AoC changes) but the ruleset makes it way easier. Being able to exchange gear is all the difference. I'm sure no other server has had a guild that did 7 PDs in three hours. So, yeah, I'd say that's taking advantage of the rule set.

Cupcaek

Molten Core Raider
Of course it does. I mean, obviously you can do it on any server technically (at least after the AoC changes) but the ruleset makes it way easier. Being able to exchange gear is all the difference. I'm sure no other server has had a guild that did 7 PDs in three hours. So, yeah, I'd say that's taking advantage of the rule set.
You only needed 1 character to cascade it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Someone is going to mess up a Velious Agent of Change input, spawn the wrong DZ at the wrong time and hand 72 people a 2.5 day lockout timer.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
Cascading was waiting until the boss was about to die, then dropping out of the dz so you wouldn't get loot locked to the mob. A few people remained behind to clean it up and then either loot and scoot or bring in people who won loot. Only people who got loot/stayed to kill the mob got a lockout, everyone else could run it again after replay timer (30 min). With mains and mirrors (alts of the same class wearing the main's gear) having separate lockouts, that was a lot of instances you could run over and over until you puked.

Now, if someone fucks up your dz by talking to the AoC early, you get to wait around for 2.5 days until you can try again. :D