EQ TLP - Oakwynd (Evolving Ruleset Progression Server)

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
With Personas sharing lockout timers and not sharing levels/AAs, how big do you guys think Personas will be on TLPs? You can't even switch to them except in starting cities / fast camp zones.

Feels like a heirloom-everything will be way more useful than Personas until you get late enough in the game for flags / achievements to be a big part of your character.

You forgot it's big selling point. You have to either buy the expansion for 40 dollars or buy slots from someone who bought the very expensive premium edition. The best thing they have going for them is trolling raid leaders. To give a more serious answer I think we might be out of road on these things as a whole. There's a non-zero chance Zaide stays on Quarm instead of even bothering with the 25th anniversary server. We've had what, major issues involve bugs/cheating/dupes on Mischief/Throneblade/Vaniki/Oakwynd or the last three full cycles of these fucking things? Showing up to another of these after seeing what I've seen sounds like a terrible idea.

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
With Personas sharing lockout timers and not sharing levels/AAs, how big do you guys think Personas will be on TLPs? You can't even switch to them except in starting cities / fast camp zones.

Feels like a heirloom-everything will be way more useful than Personas until you get late enough in the game for flags / achievements to be a big part of your character.
Did they change that because when I tested them in Beta, you could switch personas anywhere. You just had to be in a fast camp zone to create a new one.

Razzes

Trakanon Raider
The current use case of the heirloom loot is to turn Oakwynd in to Selo but with twice the amount of required grinding.

Having a copy of your main character for the express purpose of getting another DZ lockout per week is completely unsustainable and won't survive PoP much less anything beyond that.

Personas will be the new future of TLPs and the 25th will heavily incentivize them.
Im not sure I see why mirror alt raid wont survive pop?

Zaide

TLP Idealist
You forgot it's big selling point. You have to either buy the expansion for 40 dollars or buy slots from someone who bought the very expensive premium edition. The best thing they have going for them is trolling raid leaders. To give a more serious answer I think we might be out of road on these things as a whole. There's a non-zero chance Zaide stays on Quarm instead of even bothering with the 25th anniversary server. We've had what, major issues involve bugs/cheating/dupes on Mischief/Throneblade/Vaniki/Oakwynd or the last three full cycles of these fucking things? Showing up to another of these after seeing what I've seen sounds like a terrible idea.
Vulak and Fippy had a dupe via Alchemy in 2011.
RF and LJ had a dupe via server transfers in 2015.
Agnarr let people transfer to Zek buy shit on the baz and then petition to xfer back to Agnarr in 2017
Mischief had a dupe in 2021.
Global dupe via TS depot in 2023.

I don’t recall any dupes on Phinigel, Coirnav, Mangler or Selo but I could be wrong. Every server had its own specific issues though (petitioning for items out of era or from mobs you didn’t kill and getting them, cheating, etc).

Overall I think Phinigel was the cleanest server but still had its share of problems. For context when we talk about “clean” it still had a top guild with automated SEQ batphones tracking all relevant (and some irrelevant) raid content up through GoD.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
You create an alternate class out of a character. Gear, inventory, tradeskills, achievements, flags etc are shared. Levels, race, class, AAs aren't.

It's too bad it doesn't share compatible AAs. Grinding out the generic shit like crit AAs, run, the defensives for the Nth time over all these servers is just not necessary.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
Agnarr let people transfer to Zek buy shit on the baz and then petition to xfer back to Agnarr in 2017

I don’t recall any dupes on Phinigel, Coirnav, Mangler or Selo but I could be wrong. Every server had its own specific issues though (petitioning for items out of era or from mobs you didn’t kill and getting them, cheating, etc).

Overall I think Phinigel was the cleanest server but still had its share of problems. For context when we talk about “clean” it still had a top guild with automated SEQ batphones tracking all relevant (and some irrelevant) raid content up through GoD.

That reminds me, they let you transfer to that "premium" server back in the day from even Sullon Zek. And then after you got phat loots, petition (or stop subscribing, I forget) back to SZ. Shit like that really messes with the purity of special rules servers.

EQ has a loooooong history of this.

Edit: Stormhammer, that was the server name.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Im not sure I see why mirror alt raid wont survive pop?

The burden of grinding to keep mirrors in raid-shape will get larger and larger with every expansion.

People already aren't bothering with AAs on their mirrors as it is, and that problem only gets larger the further you go.

Razzes

Trakanon Raider
The burden of grinding to keep mirrors in raid-shape will get larger and larger with every expansion.

People already aren't bothering with AAs on their mirrors as it is, and that problem only gets larger the further you go.
Does the burden grow because it accumulates or because the initial grind is bigger every expac? Cause if its the same grind every expac, you ll have a subset of the raid group who will keep up with their mirrors every expac. I played till OoW in OG everquest, and the grind wasn't worse in OoW than in PoP iirc. Obviously you don't grind all aas on your mirror, just the essential.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
You create an alternate class out of a character. Gear, inventory, tradeskills, achievements, flags etc are shared. Levels, race, class, AAs aren't.

Something different with so much potential and it's basically an alt that shares flags? And gives an excuse for everyone to roll/bid on nodrop items because they think maybe they might want to try another class someday?

Pharone

Trakanon Raider

This right here is part of the reason why I say it is a shit company. People can defend them all they want, but we all know after two fucking decades of this that there's a difference between incompetence and questionable practices. There's no doubt in my mind that some of the shit that happens is honest mistakes, but their policies and how they handle the mistakes is very telling.

People can deny it all they want, but the reality is that there ARE some individuals in that company that make money on the side at the expense of the customers. Give me all the emotes you want on this reply, but you fucking know it's true.

The whole "no name and shame" bullshit on their forums is nothing more than a way to keep the average customer from figuring out that the duchebag that trains you, AoE power levels 24 hours a day, and has bots running to farm Sirens Grotto are protected by the GMs that get direct kickbacks from those operations on the side as a second income. I mean how fucking stupid do you have to be to not realize that when the same mother fuckers bot farm frost giants and Sirens Grotto 24 hours a day 7 days a week 365 days a year on every... single... fucking TLP server ever made? If you get in their way in any form what so ever, you get an instant 7 day suspension. If you post about them on the forums, you get a suspension for "name and shame" policy violation. It's no fucking secret that this shit is going on, and has been going on for ever.

And, it doesn't just stop at bots farming and 24 hour zone domination. The company literally has flags built in to the code to fuck with customers. Everybody said I was a fucking cheater back on the Phinigel server when I reported that I was getting kicked to desktop every time my brother and I was in the same zone at the same time and hit a key in near close timing. I was told that I'm just a cheater and that I was using automation and blah blah blah. I provided VIDEO evidence publicly on YouTube showing my computer in one room, my brothers computer in the other room, he on his computer, and me on my computer. As soon as we hit a key to do anything in the same zone, BAM instant desktop. Video evidence was... ignored. "You're just a cheater!" Ok.. yeah... right.

Here's the deal with that situation, it ONLY started happening AFTER we had a run in with a bot farming a zone. We competed with him for spawns because we needed them too, and he was there 24 fucking hours a day every fucking day. There was no way to wait your turn. If you wanted anything, you had to compete with him. The dude got pissy after he noticed we were getting spawns that his bots were supposed to be getting, so he started telling us to fuck off in tells. After an argument with him, BAM we were sitting at desktop instantly. Hmm... that's odd. Get back in game, and look at that, the instant kick to desktop when we were in the same zone at the same time doing any abilities at the same time.

I said at that time that this clearly showed that they had a flagging system that can be placed on an account to make the server react to it differently from normal accounts. Everybody was like "lol conspiracy theory nut". Fast forward to just this week on the beta server forums, and a dev on there mentions that there was a bug with the "cheater flag" that got set to on for everybody. Well look at that. An account flagging system built in to the game and confirmed by a developer at the company. Who'd a thought?

So, not only do they ignore the bots and assholes that pay them, but they protect them from their customers, and they clearly have a way to mark accounts to be handled "differently" if they decide to do so of which they use as part of their protection system for their money makers.

Not all employees at DPG and DBG are bad people. I will not lump them all together in that because that would be stupid, and I feel sorry for the good people that work there. The fact that the company clearly allows this corruption to exist and affect their customers is an indication that the corruption goes all the way to the top. If it did not, they would weed this shit out, and the corrupt employees would have been fired long ago.

It's a shitty fucking company built on corruption and exploitation of their customer base who is clearly addicted to the service they provide. If it wasn't for the addiction, their customer base would have told them to go fuck themselves long, long ago.

Yeah yeah go ahead.. picard my reply all you want. You fucking know I am right anyway. I guarantee you have known at least one person whom got fucked by a corrupt GM over the years. Many of us have known way more than one that got fucked by them. Your addiction just wont let you admit the obvious truth.

• 2Like
  • 1Moron
  • 1Hodjing
Reactions: 3 users

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
This right here is part of the reason why I say it is a shit company. People can defend them all they want, but we all know after two fucking decades of this that there's a difference between incompetence and questionable practices. There's no doubt in my mind that some of the shit that happens is honest mistakes, but their policies and how they handle the mistakes is very telling.

People can deny it all they want, but the reality is that there ARE some individuals in that company that make money on the side at the expense of the customers. Give me all the emotes you want on this reply, but you fucking know it's true.

The whole "no name and shame" bullshit on their forums is nothing more than a way to keep the average customer from figuring out that the duchebag that trains you, AoE power levels 24 hours a day, and has bots running to farm Sirens Grotto are protected by the GMs that get direct kickbacks from those operations on the side as a second income. I mean how fucking stupid do you have to be to not realize that when the same mother fuckers bot farm frost giants and Sirens Grotto 24 hours a day 7 days a week 365 days a year on every... single... fucking TLP server ever made? If you get in their way in any form what so ever, you get an instant 7 day suspension. If you post about them on the forums, you get a suspension for "name and shame" policy violation. It's no fucking secret that this shit is going on, and has been going on for ever.

And, it doesn't just stop at bots farming and 24 hour zone domination. The company literally has flags built in to the code to fuck with customers. Everybody said I was a fucking cheater back on the Phinigel server when I reported that I was getting kicked to desktop every time my brother and I was in the same zone at the same time and hit a key in near close timing. I was told that I'm just a cheater and that I was using automation and blah blah blah. I provided VIDEO evidence publicly on YouTube showing my computer in one room, my brothers computer in the other room, he on his computer, and me on my computer. As soon as we hit a key to do anything in the same zone, BAM instant desktop. Video evidence was... ignored. "You're just a cheater!" Ok.. yeah... right.

Here's the deal with that situation, it ONLY started happening AFTER we had a run in with a bot farming a zone. We competed with him for spawns because we needed them too, and he was there 24 fucking hours a day every fucking day. There was no way to wait your turn. If you wanted anything, you had to compete with him. The dude got pissy after he noticed we were getting spawns that his bots were supposed to be getting, so he started telling us to fuck off in tells. After an argument with him, BAM we were sitting at desktop instantly. Hmm... that's odd. Get back in game, and look at that, the instant kick to desktop when we were in the same zone at the same time doing any abilities at the same time.

I said at that time that this clearly showed that they had a flagging system that can be placed on an account to make the server react to it differently from normal accounts. Everybody was like "lol conspiracy theory nut". Fast forward to just this week on the beta server forums, and a dev on there mentions that there was a bug with the "cheater flag" that got set to on for everybody. Well look at that. An account flagging system built in to the game and confirmed by a developer at the company. Who'd a thought?

So, not only do they ignore the bots and assholes that pay them, but they protect them from their customers, and they clearly have a way to mark accounts to be handled "differently" if they decide to do so of which they use as part of their protection system for their money makers.

Not all employees at DPG and DBG are bad people. I will not lump them all together in that because that would be stupid, and I feel sorry for the good people that work there. The fact that the company clearly allows this corruption to exist and affect their customers is an indication that the corruption goes all the way to the top. If it did not, they would weed this shit out, and the corrupt employees would have been fired long ago.

It's a shitty fucking company built on corruption and exploitation of their customer base who is clearly addicted to the service they provide. If it wasn't for the addiction, their customer base would have told them to go fuck themselves long, long ago.

Yeah yeah go ahead.. picard my reply all you want. You fucking know I am right anyway. I guarantee you have known at least one person whom got fucked by a corrupt GM over the years. Many of us have known way more than one that got fucked by them. Your addiction just wont let you admit the obvious truth.

The problem isn't that we all think the company is clean and nobody makes money on the side. The problem is that you post these accusations on the website owned by that company and then act surprised and offended when the company you are accusing of wrongdoing removes your rants and flames from their space. The fuck do you expect?

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Juvarisx

Florida
I mean all you need to look at on Oakwynd was Richgirl setting up shop in EC Tunnel then Nexus gambling away 24 hours a day and clearly being a bot. During the height of the dupe, I know of someone who duped n asston with the intent of giving it to as many people as poss and he bought all the Kr in the baz and started gambling with Richgirl lol and kept winning.

Dude was so unworried about the dupe brining scrutiny to the server he just left the gambling script going, and the bot is still there gamblin away.

Game is what it is at this point, there will always be bots and warpers etc. Miscief had the right idea cause the best tradable gear couldnt be farmed by bots, but really if you arent playing to have fun killing OW raids or DZ's and are concerned with groupable named forget it.

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
The problem isn't that we all think the company is clean and nobody makes money on the side. The problem is that you post these accusations on the website owned by that company and then act surprised and offended when the company you are accusing of wrongdoing removes your rants and flames from their space. The fuck do you expect?
Ok well you have a point there. I didn't think about it that way.