EQ TLP - Vaniki (Level-Locked Progression)

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
What does opening at GoD really bring to the server? Just seems out of place.

Items are basically garbage until you get meaningful stats in velious+ so the 40-55 levels are going to give a bad first impression of the servers merits.
Faster leveling and berserkers

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I meant the expansions not the levels. The levels are too slow initials (then probably too fast later) the expansions too fast IMO.

I think they should have done a classic launch with fastish initial unlocks to speed through to PoP

Just back of the napkin I would go with like:
Lvl 40 initial unlock, planes open to level 40s. 2 weeks level cap starts to go up 1 per week until Kunark unlocks at level 50, this locks at 50 for 2 weeks and then cap starts to go up by 1 per week to 55 when velious unlocks. Then 6 weeks until luclin and start raising the cap to 60 after two weeks.

I just think the pace of this server in terms of expac unlocks is way too fast and raids are going to be a nightmare with a 10 level gap considering the gear gap compared to a normal TLP is going to be absolutely massive.

Also unlocks being so fast impacts alot of other stuff like plat levels on the server which means crafting GOD armor and later all the last blood armor etc is going to be really hard.
12 weeks of classic? Fucking ewwwwww.

Yeah, not interested in this if it's going to be truebox. Dumbest fucking thing DP ever did was add that stupid bullshit.

hEKK

Lord Nagafen Raider
yea dicktickler got it right, go raid GoD group named at lvl 40

i think its a good idea to try and get people who would normally not experience GoD+ to give it a try (without having to put in so much work to get to GoD+ relevancy)
Those people will be on yelinak

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
12 weeks of classic? Fucking ewwwwww.

Yeah, not interested in this if it's going to be truebox. Dumbest fucking thing DP ever did was add that stupid bullshit.
Ya I mean tweak the specifics a bit but anything is better than a 10 level gap that doesn't close and never being able to raid the current 2 expacs.

No guild will reach time until lvl 65. No one will kill Mayong until 70. No one will kill OMM in era. It's just going to be a weird shit show.

Reducing spell resists won't even fix melee quest in the instances because agro from a tank 10 levels under real cap is going to be such a massive issue it will still just be monks, rogues and 0 agro bow rangers. Also fights will be longer which is a detriment to casters even at cap, have fun when you are OOM in the first 10 percent and the strat is actually just crazy bind rushing and 20 clerics. I guess necros might be decent.

Zaide

TLP Idealist

Items are basically garbage until you get meaningful stats in velious+ so the 40-55 levels are going to give a bad first impression of the servers merits.
Berserkers

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Ya I mean tweak the specifics a bit but anything is better than a 10 level gap that doesn't close and never being able to raid the current 2 expacs.

No guild will reach time until lvl 65. No one will kill Mayong until 70. No one will kill OMM in era. It's just going to be a weird shit show.

Reducing spell resists won't even fix melee quest in the instances because agro from a tank 10 levels under real cap is going to be such a massive issue it will still just be monks, rogues and 0 agro bow rangers. Also fights will be longer which is a detriment to casters even at cap, have fun when you are OOM in the first 10 percent and the strat is actually just crazy bind rushing and 20 clerics. I guess necros might be decent.

Who cares if you don't kill quarm until 65? That's how every other tlp works anyway? There'll be a handful of things like dodh and tss named doable with better gear drops but overall time and gates stuff will still be useful as a 65 capped in tbs era. Meanwhile, time probably will be cleared at 60. Maybe even gates. Aro is probably not doable before her level but stuff like mayong or omm, why not?

I guess I just disagree with both of the ideas of you won't be able to do stuff in advance and especially that you can't do level appropriate stuff just because newer expacs are out. Silly to me. Clearing anguish at 70 for 300hme and epic 2.0 orbs seem fine to me versus trying to eke out tss group loot or sof trash.

gugabuba

Golden Knight of the Realm
Theorycrafting is pretty fun, though I don't have time to play.

At level 40 what's the best rez? 60%? That makes zerging harsh.

Will first order of business be cleric epics? Royals/ragefire/ixiblat raids at 40 sounds interesting. Shards even more terrible than usual.

Plate cycle also seems essential.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler

You're just stuck in the old mindset. More appropriate that "in era" should mean your level era, not the multiple expansions getting launched.

But yeah, I don't trust them to balance things out for classes or to think of what could be issues for a server like this. Like, they should treat spells like gear. They have to get casters right or people won't want to play them and then the server is dead.

The concept itself, though? Interesting as long as you're not the type to fixate on the old way of progression.

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Also I think faster xp, pet debuff gone, no motm in classic, and droga veksar solc etc.
no MOTM is pretty big honestly and people will be suprised at how fast shit falls over without it. That should be a big * somewhere for this server.

32k hp dragons fall over pretty fast even with rusty weapons and tlp spells.

401x3 for 234 mana

lvl 40 wizard has around 1800 mana at 40 pre planar.

Each wizard can pump

8400 fire damage
or
4000 lightning damage
or
2880 cold damage.

They do have concussion but that kind of eats into damage, which leads to the real issue...

Tanking needs to have spell aggro, you wont have access to defensive for :
  • Open at level 40 with expansions up to Gates of Discord unlocked
  • Four weeks later: level 50 unlocks
  • Two weeks later: level 55 unlocks
6 weeks.

SK/PAL should be very attractive to play, especially with some OP gear.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser

Alright, so

Challenge achievements will also be available. If you participate in a chosen event and defeat it when you are at a certain level, you will gain a reward that you can use on any character on the same account. For example, defeat Cazic Thule at level 40, Meldrath at level 70, or Griklor at level 105.

and

To make these goals more attainable, many level restrictions will be relaxed on this server, allowing players to use items they normally could not and land spells on NPCs far above your level. Zone level restrictions will also be relaxed, but not removed.

So the real goal is to be the guild that gets all the challenges done at each level unlock. Gates of Discord removes Mitigation of the Mighty from Classic era. That makes a host of bosses easier. With Gates of Discord unlocked that Cazic Thule is going to be the CT from Velious era. How the fuck do you do that exactly? Numbers obviously but what else? I think what we are going to see are people scraping whatever they can out of the latest expansions to take advantage of better itemization combined with lessened restrictions. Does a lot of stuff summon you in Gates? Can you kite in Natimbi and eventually scoop up some of the drops there? I suspect there's some really specific quests and drops scattered throughout that really over perform. Just kite fucking everything forever in Plane of Growth?

The lowest hanging fruit at the moment looks to be Lost Dungeons of Norrath? You grind up your points and buy gear that would normally be of limited value due to its recommended item levels. Also

1649384570166.png

Anyone ever do a level 40 LDoN raid?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I think it is brilliant. Raids or even just xp areas are an unknown again. You have to just try it and see what happens.

Back in 69 when I was doing all this we knew going into something new that we were in for alot of rough nights. Guild chat was full of movie quotes like "Ready to eat your own guts and ask for seconds?". This server will bring a bit of that back; scale back the crazy player power that is so much higher than the old days.

There was a real sense of awe fighting something that could trash a whole raid in seconds. When you finally beat it you remember chat being full of "this is impossible" your first few fights, maybe days or weeks before.

This to me is an adventure server for adventurers. Risk takers will be rewarded. People with lots of knowledge of odd locations and plunder will be rewarded. It's new, and good, and I think will make some new opportunities for glory again.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think it is brilliant. Raids or even just xp areas are an unknown again. You have to just try it and see what happens.

Back in 69 when I was doing all this we knew going into something new that we were in for alot of rough nights. Guild chat was full of movie quotes like "Ready to eat your own guts and ask for seconds?". This server will bring a bit of that back; scale back the crazy player power that is so much higher than the old days.

There was a real sense of awe fighting something that could trash a whole raid in seconds. When you finally beat it you remember chat being full of "this is impossible" your first few fights, maybe days or weeks before.

This to me is an adventure server for adventurers. Risk takers will be rewarded. People with lots of knowledge of odd locations and plunder will be rewarded. It's new, and good, and I think will make some new opportunities for glory again.

Damn, look at you :p

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Louis

Trakanon Raider
This ruleset breaks people's brains in that there will be content that is available but not doable which is really never the case in other tlps. There will be no cookie cutter paths we all know so well.

I think the concept is really interesting, but getting the balance right seems out of their depth.

Ikkan

Molten Core Raider
So is Vaniki a free trade server? And is it Truebox? I can't seem to find anything definitive on the EQ forums.

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Don't think they've said or even decided. My belief is that Daybreak throws the rough idea out there and then watches what the various forums bring up as potential problems and fine-tune from there. Not to say that that's a bad strategy, a few hundred forum autists can brainstorm this thing far quicker than a few developers can.

Much as I like the appeal of free trade, I think it might hurt this server in the long term because it'll just turn into a farm fest where box armies farm all the best item dropping content and the rest of the players go back to doing the familiar Unrest/LGuk/Velks cycle. Not what you want if the objective is to drive players into new-to-them content that they haven't seen before. There is so much content on TLPs that people have never done because it's normally worthless by the time it comes out, like the Luclin-era newbie armour quests, LDoN point reward items, all sorts of lower level LoY quests etc.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

hory

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Can't you buy some perk that keeps you from losing levels? Do perks work on tlp?