EQ2002: The Better Planes of Power - PoP-Locked, Single Box EQ

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
If I am being honest, with Daybreak's announcement (which is pretty much identical to my server's end goal), there is no point in continuing here when they will provide the one missing void that this server was hoping to fill.

So as such, I have shut this down. If anyone is interested in the code changes and database changes, or wants to make a "Dad Server" based on my work, please let me know.

I will be working on improving the TAKP windows client henceforth - something that is in no danger of going anywhere and is not run by myself.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
If I am being honest, with Daybreak's announcement (which is pretty much identical to my server's end goal), there is no point in continuing here when they will provide the one missing void that this server was hoping to fill.

So as such, I have shut this down. If anyone is interested in the code changes and database changes, or wants to make a "Dad Server" based on my work, please let me know.

I will be working on improving the TAKP windows client henceforth - something that is in no danger of going anywhere and is not run by myself.

Oh well, by early summer of this year when their PoP server launches i'll be busy with FFXIV expansion Stormblood, just wanted something to pass the time until June. Thanks for trying.

Meanwhile, in #elfpals...

Secrets - Yesterday at 4:45 PM
Daybreak's server is going to drain both p2002 and takp's populations i'm sure

green_grocer - Yesterday at 4:45 PM
lol
they're only doing it to prevent an exodus from phinny TO p2002

or to TAKP

p2002 will continue to grow
tak will continue to stagnate

Secrets - Yesterday at 4:46 PM
keep thinking that. when both servers are dead, no one will care about everquest just like they don't now
it's dead, has been for a while

green_grocer - Yesterday at 4:46 PM
lol
says the guy who just announced his own server

Secrets - Yesterday at 4:47 PM
only reason I did it is to steal p2002's population because their server is shit and allows 3 boxing

green_grocer - Yesterday at 4:47 PM
im sensing some sour grapes
LOL
Secrets is typing

and mine's more accurate than p2002 anyways

2yzPoEk.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>

There is still the void of a red PoP locked server you could fill, see my earlier post.

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
PvP in PoP:

[Tue Aug 20 23:22:22 2013] An unholy aura envelops Exos.
[Tue Aug 20 23:22:23 2013] You writhe in the grip of agony. You have taken 4896 points of damage.
[Tue Aug 20 23:22:23 2013] You have been knocked unconscious!
[Tue Aug 20 23:22:23 2013] You have been slain by Exos!

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
PvP in PoP:

[Tue Aug 20 23:22:22 2013] An unholy aura envelops Exos.
[Tue Aug 20 23:22:23 2013] You writhe in the grip of agony. You have taken 4896 points of damage.
[Tue Aug 20 23:22:23 2013] You have been knocked unconscious!
[Tue Aug 20 23:22:23 2013] You have been slain by Exos!

No because:

FEBRUARY 21, 2001

• Due to the recent improvements to "Harmtouch", it is doing much more damage than it would before and unbalances PvP. As such it will now do less damage in PvP (68% of PvE, down from 80%). In addition, Shadowknights on the PvP servers were routinely killing themselves via non-XP losing means and attacking other players with Harmtouch immediately upon respawn. In order to address this situation, Harmtouch is no longer automatically "recharged" by death on the PvP Servers.

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
That was from an Al'Kabor log, so it's PoP era.

I was able to determine that the PvP spell scaling reduced spells down to 62% at higher levels in that era, so that's already mitigated down to 62% of normal.

Emus can easily modify extreme edge case imbalances of course.

Why would you play this and not the DB server? Makes no sense. You people are worse than redditors. The DB is good apart from the idiotic boxing rules.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Because paying actual cash to play EverQuest in 2017 is borderline psychopath behavior.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users
"only reason I did it is to steal p2002's population because their server is shit and allows 3 boxing"

TAK project allows 4 boxing

just sayin...

:p

Aleatha

Silver Knight of the Realm
I actually don't mind paying to play. $10/mo is basically nothing if you get enjoyment from it. I mind the game having a cash shop in addition to a sub. Whether that should annoy me is probably questionable but it does.

Had been planning on retrying p2002 since they went to titanium client. When I saw this and was like "that's what I want!".

Meanwhile, in #elfpals...

Daybreak's server is going to drain both p2002 and takp's populations i'm sure

lol
they're only doing it to prevent an exodus from phinny TO p2002

or to TAKP

p2002 will continue to grow
tak will continue to stagnate

Secrets - Yesterday at 4:46 PM
keep thinking that. when both servers are dead, no one will care about everquest just like they don't now
it's dead, has been for a while

green_grocer - Yesterday at 4:46 PM
lol
says the guy who just announced his own server

only reason I did it is to steal p2002's population because their server is shit and allows 3 boxing

green_grocer - Yesterday at 4:47 PM
im sensing some sour grapes
LOL
Secrets is typing

and mine's more accurate than p2002 anyways

View attachment 126877

So this is what you two were babbling about before secrets left the chat for the 4th time.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I doubt Agnarr will take many TAKP players, but I bet a more significant amount will leave P2002.

And yeah Secrets my friend, I do think you made the right call in pulling the plug. Maybe revisit the idea next year after people get tired of subbing and cash shop and etc.