EQemu - Nagafen's Lair (Reborn)

WHAT DO NOW?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
I still don't understand why we can't play NL. I don't want to play EQ fan fiction with revamped zones. Nisea said a dev has been worked on for NL? Why can't we play NL? Nisea is looking for whatshisface, who is running the server atm, to talk of her/his dev friend to look at taking over and actively developing. Don't give up on NL guys, please no! I'm gonna sit in classic Misty Thicket and dream.

Last edited:

Rabkorik

Silver Knight of the Realm
I still don't understand why we can't play NL. I don't want to play EQ fan fiction with revamped zones. Nisea said a dev has been worked on for NL? Why can't we play NL? Nisea is looking for whatshisface, who is running the server atm, to talk of her/his dev friend to look at taking over and actively developing. Don't give up on NL guys, please no! I'm gonna sit in classic Misty Thicket and dream.
I'd say at this point check out Visions of Grandeur (making dad-servers great again!). @Control is putting a lot of work into it.

Ridas

Pay to play forum
I start on new Dad Server now, but will take it slow and see how it unfolds. I am too stubborn to get into custom content servers.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Screw it I'm staying on Nagafen's Lair. I got my levels back, my Kunark access and my Focus aug from Sailfish (too lazy to find his name on the forum here, the guy running things atm). And with autoscribe back on that's great. With a dev in the works and a few people dedicated to keeping this server alive, I want to stay. Took all of 60 seconds to get my kunark access/levels/couple items back from him. I only asked for 2 lost items, Bone Clasped Girdle and the Aug, plus Kunark and levels. That's good enough for me. I'm just gonna play for the intrinsic benefit of every moment, like a giant nerd.

Louis

Trakanon Raider
SirJames restored my levels and flags. Just gotta catch him on as it's minimal support. If anyone that has moved on wants to hook my warrior up with gear I'll give you blowies.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

The problem with NL server (picked up by Sailfish from the 9/5/16 backup) is that he has no active devs. Secrets originally tossed the idea around to pick it up, but ultimately said he doesn't have the time for it. Without a Dev, that roll back reversed a ton of tuning and script fixing from Maze. Basically you will be ok for Classic - SoL, but once you hit PoP there's a ton of broken shit. RZ script is broken (kill decorin triggers and only TZ spawns, no VZ which breaks the script). HP values were tuned down PoP-wide, PoEarthA rings do not work at all which will block out any EarthB access. Coirnav timer needs adjusting. Rathe Councilmen respawn need readjusting. PoAir mobs constantly fall below the platforms making them invulnerable to melee / spells while they can still hit players. Mobs that proc abilities like General Reparm in PoFire have the global proc-rate increase applied, just like players do.. which results in 1500dd chain procs on MT.

These are just some of the things off the top of my head. PoTime hadn't even been touched, so who knows what is wrong there. The core of NL players will not return without an active knowledgeable Dev to fix things. Most vets were already working in Planes of Power and our little Rerolled forum guild was mostly flagged thru Luclin in hopes to kill AHR to gain PoP access.

This is basically why the newly hosted NL is being abandoned. No one with coding experience to fix the broken content.

If you want to experience Classic - Luclin, you should be fine. Enjoy the ride. Anything beyond that, you're fucked.

Last edited:

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
The problem with NL server (picked up by Sailfish from the 9/5/16 backup) is that he has no active devs. Secrets originally tossed the idea around to pick it up, but ultimately said he doesn't have the time for it. Without a Dev, that roll back reversed a ton of tuning and script fixing from Maze. Basically you will be ok for Classic - SoL, but once you hit PoP there's a ton of broken shit. RZ script is broken (kill decorin triggers and only TZ spawns, no VZ which breaks the script). HP values were tuned down PoP-wide, PoEarthA rings do not work at all which will block out any EarthB access. Coirnav timer needs adjusting. Rathe Councilmen respawn need readjusting. PoAir mobs constantly fall below the platforms making them invulnerable to melee / spells while they can still hit players. Mobs that proc abilities like General Reparm in PoFire have the global proc-rate increase applied, just like players do.. which results in 1500dd chain procs on MT.

These are just some of the things off the top of my head. PoTime hadn't even been touched, so who knows what is wrong there. The core of NL players will not return without an active knowledgeable Dev to fix things. Most vets were already working in Planes of Power and our little Rerolled forum guild was mostly flagged thru Luclin in hopes to kill AHR to gain PoP access.

This is basically why the newly hosted NL is being abandoned. No one with coding experience to fix the broken content.

If you want to experience Classic - Luclin, you should be fine. Enjoy the ride. Anything beyond that, you're fucked.

There is someone with lots of EQEMu programming experience that wants to help dev NL, as I mentioned earlier. They might be able to recover some work and continue to work on PoP, they want to do what it takes to keep NL going. They were in discord earlier.

SirJames

Golden Squire
Nagafen's Lair ReReborn and ReRerolled is up, still running. I've got 12 hour rolling backups, we've been fairly stable over the past few days here. Adding an auto-restart on crash script tomorrow.

For the record, I happen to have a lot of "coding" experience, I'm not going to post my resume or life story but suffice it to say the server isn't going to go up in flames tomorrow.

What I don't have is time to write said code. Minimal support is just that, I will do my best to ensure the server keeps running. The 5-10 people who have asked to be re-flagged and re-geared I have accommodated.

Jysin is basically correct in that you should consider this server Classic - Luclin. PoP will require some tweaking before its complete-able. Having said that, there still is hundreds of hours of content, if you play 12 hours a day you will run out of thing to do here fast, but if your a casual and wan't a "lite" version of the progression server experience, this is as close as I have seen.

My goal is to keep NL alive.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Louis

Trakanon Raider
It really is splitting up the potential userbase. I was kind of going back and forth between both, but once James reflagged me I kind of figured I'd stick with Naggy.

othree

Bronze Knight of the Realm
The thing is, I like what @Control is doing more. Granted if he made the decision to work on NL, I'd support that and play it. I just don't give a fuck about quests though, and having content blocked by quests rustles the shit out of my jimmies.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Just a Necro. I'm Turkalo. Boxing has always, in hindsight, taken the fun out of things for me. I'm just soloing VP dragons and getting fabled loot atm. No way to get further into Velious without more people. There were 11 on earlier though. Agh I love this server, I want it to thrive.

James, I think maybe it'd be better to put Droga at Velious rather than Luclin. The drops are good, but there's not too many places to get decent exp. The hole zem seems bugged. A group that I play with desperately wants to go to Droga but we can't progress thru velious. Any chance you can change it to Velious? It used to be even lower than that.

Last edited:

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Ahhh, that was you giving away that cloak yesterday. I think it was a cloak. I'll check to see if you're on next time and we can kill some shit. I'm like a bub from 59 on a cleric/warrior.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

SirJames

Golden Squire
I just upped the ZEM on Hole from 1.0 to 2.0 , upped Growth Plane as well. I would try those too spots.

I really don't want to move Droga around to be honest. I prefer smaller changes.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Do you have Kunark access? I've had so many fabled items rot in VP. Lots of Fabled Fungis and Rods of Mourning.