EQN:Landmark Beta Starts March 26th!

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
Saw this on Georgeson's feed , had to repost it here.

rrr_img_59797.jpg

Tol_sl

shitlord
Laugh.. clearly I am doing something wrong with the selection tool then.. because I can't seem to make it do anything :p
Oh yeah, it's absolutely amazing. The cliffnotes for people who don't want to search the video are:

Click-drag to create an initial box, then drag the corners to get exactly what you want to select. Once you've selected, ctrl+c to copy, ctrl+x to delete, ctrl+v to paste. Shift+tab cycles betwen rotation on x axis and y axis, verses precision movement. Tab cycles between moving (with the mousewheel) on every plane.

It makes it very easy to copy entire layouts and saves tons of time. Like when I made my maze, I just laid down hallways consisting of 5-10-15 blocks made with the select tool, copy/pasted hundreds of times. Then, when the floor plan was done, I would select the entire 1-voxel deep floor, copy it with select tool, and then paste it 10 times to make everything 11 voxels high, then copies the entire floor, and pasted it on top to make a ceiling.

You can also select a box you've drawn with select tool, and then fill it with any material you want with the add tool.
Select tool is your best friend.

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I hope they address the "at-a-distance render detail". Because as it stands now all you see is a mishmash of blocks and shapes on claims. I know, alpha.

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Got my first legendary which is apparently also inferior. Hope they sort out the item modifiers a bit.

rrr_img_59798.jpg

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
Spent a solid hour running from the top right edge of Scarp to my claim near the bottom middle mining nearly every Cobalt vein I ran across (minus the ones with visible Rubicite) and got 0 sapphires.
Repost from above:
Find someone with the Tradesman's Sifter, like myself, and feed it a ton of rock. That will give you sapphires too.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I usually just run around the desert looking for stand alone red or super tiny cobalt veins(like the surface of the vien you can see from above is about 1/4-1/2 at most of my mining picks "circle") for sapphires.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Got my first legendary which is apparently also inferior. Hope they sort out the item modifiers a bit.
I think the pick creation is done in two steps. Step one is to figure the "scale" of the pick: use the basic stats for that pick type, and multiply them by a random value. Say 1.32. If it's below 1.20, it's green, 1.20 to 1.50 it's blue, above it's legendary (I'm pulling number out of my ass). Then, it selects a random stat, and further modify it by 0.80 to 1.20. If it's below 0.9 it's going to have the "bad qualifier", above 1.1 the "good qualifier". So for your pick, it did a good scale (you got an epic), then it multiplied damage by a bad value, meaning your pick is legendary (massive general bonus), with a penalty to damage (Inferior).

That's a theory, I haven't seen enough picks to guess exactly how it works, but I think it's like that.

moontayle

Golden Squire
I usually just run around the desert looking for stand alone red or super tiny cobalt veins(like the surface of the vien you can see from above is about 1/4-1/2 at most of my mining picks "circle") for sapphires.
That's the universal advice but I got the short end of the stick. I did have one that went straight down but resulted in nothing so even that's not a guarantee.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm willing to hold my resentment for ruby/sapphire farming until I see how it is with tier4/5 zones. Whereas the burled log pita was complete and glad they changed it.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
On this page:Landmark - EverQuest Nextit sais that they will hold contests but also keep an eye out for the coolest things players have made in Landmark. Quote:

I can see a group of players make an entire Hobbittown in Landmark that will look better then anything we have seen so far when it comes to details. Who knows SOE may port that over to EQnext? I think you get royalties then, not sure.

In Minecraft, a group of players built the entire city of Kings Landing from Game of Thrones. It is incredable what fans can create:minecraft Kings landing - Google zoeken
Yeah the game of thrones minecraft server is incredible and its also a shame that the best game of thrones world ever created won't ever be in a playable game.

Raign

Golden Squire
Oh yeah, it's absolutely amazing. The cliffnotes for people who don't want to search the video are:

Click-drag to create an initial box, then drag the corners to get exactly what you want to select. Once you've selected, ctrl+c to copy, ctrl+x to delete, ctrl+v to paste. Shift+tab cycles betwen rotation on x axis and y axis, verses precision movement. Tab cycles between moving (with the mousewheel) on every plane.

It makes it very easy to copy entire layouts and saves tons of time. Like when I made my maze, I just laid down hallways consisting of 5-10-15 blocks made with the select tool, copy/pasted hundreds of times. Then, when the floor plan was done, I would select the entire 1-voxel deep floor, copy it with select tool, and then paste it 10 times to make everything 11 voxels high, then copies the entire floor, and pasted it on top to make a ceiling.

You can also select a box you've drawn with select tool, and then fill it with any material you want with the add tool.
Select tool is your best friend.
My issue with it is generally, I have created something that I wanted to template (for example I made a 'die' on my land about 5' X 5' which I wanted to copy), but when I try to block it off in the selector tool I can only position it so half the die 'fits' into it without making it into two separate blocks, so I end up having to copy a 4X1 space rather than being able to simply nudge the selector tool over a foot or two and fitting it into a single 'selection' unit and copying a bunch of air and ground I did not want in the initial template.

It likely has to do with me being poor at building my crap to the established 'grid' though, I will have to play with it more and see if I can make it work better. I watched a video on it and it definitely seems amazing, I might just need to start over from scratch using stuff snapped to the grid is all

Tol_sl

shitlord
Have you tried grabbing the corners and dragging? I rarely get it on my initial pull, but then you can click on the corner of the block and pull vertical/horizontally until it's perfect. Like you said, maybe being off grid is the issue. The only time I ran into that was things that were on the very edge of my claim.

Defend_sl

shitlord
So I've found 90 or so Saphires by looking for single block cobalt and just digging down, once you start seeing them they become a bit obvious... However, I've found ZERO Rubies now that I have a Cobalt Pick.... Are rubies in the game at this point, because I've got over 8 Discovery bonus and I'm still not finding any.

Also, if you're making a pick that requires the pick before it, does the quality of the pick being used to create the new one effect the outcome of the new pick?

Lastly, I used to keep getting my inventory duplicated (the starter items) and without thinking about it I deleted my 2nd and 3rd +10 Crafting accessories... is there anything else in the game that will increase your chance of making a better quality item?

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Rubies are in, you have to find Rubicite ALONE(no cobalt touching it at all) and you will find rubies at the end.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
My issue with it is generally, I have created something that I wanted to template (for example I made a 'die' on my land about 5' X 5' which I wanted to copy), but when I try to block it off in the selector tool I can only position it so half the die 'fits' into it without making it into two separate blocks, so I end up having to copy a 4X1 space rather than being able to simply nudge the selector tool over a foot or two and fitting it into a single 'selection' unit and copying a bunch of air and ground I did not want in the initial template.
This might sound like a stupid question, but have you tried sizing down the selection tool to a single voxel size? It sounds like you're using a larger size.

any servers with a diff ruleset? or plans of diff rulesets?
i can't imagine this type of server would hold my attention past a week.
i vote for a server which has a guranteed private spot and contested communal areas which anyone can destroy/create (with no autohealing -- the access to the ability to destroy and choosing not to destroy something means alot). more than that .. have structs yield benefits (ex druids build tele spires, druid plants trees and get faction/passiveareabuffsalloc'ed by Karana.) as it is, the ruleset is beign, curated and doesn't lead to any interesting complexity.