Eric Weinstein's Geometric Theory of Everything

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
I've been following Eric Weinstein closely since he first announced he was sitting on this theory on the Joe Rogan Experience. Eric has his own podcast 'The Portal' where the below was posted. I won't pretend to understand what he is presenting here (looks like alien hieroglyphs to me) however his claim is that he is supplanting Einstein's Theory of Relativity with this, marrying it with two other theories. In essence digging below the foundation of Einsteins theory to rewrite how we do math for Physics. Possible ramifications if he is right could be things like removing the speed limit for matter.

This could be the biggest scientific breakthrough of our generation. Curious to hear what some of you that are more math inclined think. At a minimum this is a video of a man releasing his life's work to the public and that has its own entertainment value.

EDIT: Adding the below timestamped video. At the end he does a powerpoint presentation on the theory that I found MUCH more comprehensible.

Last edited:

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
1) where's the paper
2) why is there no paper

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

iannis

Musty Nester
I like weinstein a lot, but without writing a formal thesis and subjecting it to peer review he's just sniffing his own farts and creating another string theory. Which isn't hackery... string theory may or may not be factual in itself, I have no idea, but the effort involved in detailing it as a mathematical structure has been useful in other applications.

The fact that he's not writing that paper doesn't mean he's a fraud. It means that he's struggling with the translation from idea into formalism. If he can't make that transition he doesn't have a scientific theory. He's got some interesting ideas. Which may or may not be useful.

He's an intelligent man and mathematically educated. We all wish that's all it took.

His idea isn't kooky. there's an indian doctor that teaches somewhere in new england... wish I could remember his name. Wormie would know. He's a horrible speaker. Blinks all the time, got the 'tisms. Which is an indication of how strong the subject matter he was delivering is. He also talks about being able to reduce the permutation of quantum vaugeries into a relatively simple(er) geometric matrix. Thing is, he's actually released papers about it.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Yea I don't know much about the scientific process on this level so I can't speak very credibly on this. I do know that he claims to essentially have had a nobel prize stolen not only from himself but separate ones from both his brother and wife. He has a fairly strong disdain for the traditional peer-review process due to this. Sees it as a gating mechanism to decide which ideas are 'in' and which are 'out' and who gets the credit. That is the explanation he has given for not having a formal paper from what I understand.

He alludes earlyish in this video that his release of this presentation will mark the beginning of him re-engaging with this full time which I assume will include formal papers. We'll see