Europa Report - 2013 great year for sci fi

fucker_sl

shitlord
what the fuck is going ? what is this resurrection of scifi genre? and more than all....how the fuck all these movies went completely under the radar before the last moment ?

2013 will be such wonderful year

spronk

FPS noob
thats why you send unmanned probes to europe, cuz fuck having alien penises sneak on board your ship

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Looks awesome, very excited.

Might even be better than Prometheus.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
What other 2013 sci-fi movies people are talking about?

Agraza

Registered Hutt
It looks like dull survival horror to me. This ground seems well tread. The sci element here is almost certainly just background noise to break up the survival horror pattern.

Gask

Bronze Baron of the Realm
It looks like dull survival horror to me. This ground seems well tread. The sci element here is almost certainly just background noise to break up the survival horror pattern.
Yes... the trailer makes it look like another monster movie... in space! Hopefully it will be more than just a collection of dull shock/surprise scenes on a space backdrop. It doesn't look like it though, they have already established that they run into a hostile life form and everything goes wrong, meh.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Really? Eight years of spamming the same old tired photo, and not a single person bites THIS time? FoH2.5, I am disappoint.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Fell asleep 20 minutes into it, woke up with 10 minutes left.

Felt like I didnt miss anything at all. Sigh. I had high hopes for this movie.

Gask

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Well this movie suffers from the primary problem of most others like it; they barely introduce us to a cast of characters before they start bumping them off, in some cases before we even know their names lol. Also adding on to this issue of emotional disconnect nearly every scene in the film is shot from the POV of a static CCTV camera so it is like watching a documentary about an event we don't really care about featuring a cast we know hardly anything about.

It's amazing to think that people actually read (?) these scripts and then think it's a good idea to finance their production into a film.

Inque

FunEmployed
The monster is in the trailer. They had all this build-up and the ending was a shitty pay off. This movie kept my attention so long as I didn't lift my finger off the fast forward button. Here's hoping Gravity and Elysium restores some faith in Sci-Fi...