Europa Universalis IV

Beastro

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Can't wait for a Complete pack for both this and CK2.

Looking forward to playing MEIOU with this as the basic game looks woefully bland. The amount of provinces in France along is depressingly small.

As for the game being too easy, it is if your only playing style is painting the map. I prefer to go from nation to nation as I make each strong and try to steer things in a historical direction, though I'm sad to see they retained the stupid random leader death BS from EU3. That leaves me constantly having to edit the save files to restore proper, historical leaders to the nations which are of importance whenever they die.

I hope they release a CK2 complete edition this year, and ill go out an happily lay down the bucks for it just to play even more of it. Heck id put down 100 bucks for a complete collectors edition of ck2 by now.
if you like these then make sure to spend some bucks on Distant Worlds: Universe too, the only 4x game that comes close to MoO2

Dyvim

Tanks for that recommendation, didnt have that one on my radar and trailers give a nice MoO2, Ascendancy, Pax Imperia 2 vibe, which is great.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Veritas et Fortitudo is in better shape than MEIOU atm, but they're both pretty damn broken.

Tanks for that recommendation, didnt have that one on my radar and trailers give a nice MoO2, Ascendancy, Pax Imperia 2 vibe, which is great.
if you need some tips for the start, this post is pretty good:The New Guy Newbie Guide to Fully Non Automatic Manual Play - Distant Worlds, The Manly Man Way to P

edit: and these two mods to go along with it,Graphics Enhancement Mod (GEM) v2.4. Updated: December 22, 2012andDistant Worlds Extended Universe 1.0 released 40 races

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
Also bought, love some space 4x, why can't they get the awesome depth of a game like this to combine with the graphics of SotS 2, whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

Beastro

if you like these then make sure to spend some bucks on Distant Worlds: Universe too, the only 4x game that comes close to MoO2
Only problem with it is it's expensive as shit. Was on sale a few days ago on Steam and was still $50. I'll wait for the Summer or Christmas sale and hope it goes lower than that.

Awesome, thanks for the links, I missed the Graphics mods!

Zajeer

Molten Core Raider
Has anyone tried to get some of the new achievements yet? How 's this expansion looking?

For me, I'm trying to see if a World Conquest with Orthodox Ottomans is still possible - just started a game last night with that goal in mind. Should be fun to see if I can snowball late game into that

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Playing this game makes me feel dumb. The last strategy game that i put any time into was Rise of Nation and that was a decade ago. I want to badly to play this game but I feel like there is so much going on and i don;t exactly know wtf to do. Will give + Tuconets to anyone that will to tutor me one night on steam.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
France is OP as shit right now. Try them. You'll be learning elements of the game for a year man. I still learn new things every now and then. Portugal is EU4's suggested tutorial country since they barely get involved in european wars directly.

Onigen

Golden Knight of the Realm
If you're not against spending a bunch of time watching youtube videos tryhttps://www.youtube.com/user/arumba07/playlists, this guy has a lot of EUIV let's play's. The earlier ones back when the game launched kinda act like a tutorials, especially the "portugal and colonization" playlist. If you bought all the dlc's, the current ongoing ones might be more relevant. France, Austria, Castile, England, Ottomans and Portugal are all really nice learning experiences.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Do not buy this game. It will suck hours, days, weeks out of your life, with nothing to show for it but huge stretches of the world laying subjugated under your iron fist!
Holy shit, is this true. Ill sit down for an intended hour or two, and the next thing I know its 2am. Ive had this game for a while now, and I still do it. Shit is maddening. "Fucking revolts, lemme take care of them... God damnit Ottomans, of course you would attack while Im dealing with Revolts. Shit, that 3 star general just wiped the floor with me and he only has a third of the units my stack did. Ill retreat and wait till his ass goes to War with Crimea or something." This shit goes on for HOURS and you dont even realize it.

The only thing I keep asking myself is, "Is there such a thing as world domination in this game?"

Agraza

Registered Hutt
A few people did it in previous patches. It's really difficult now. But plenty of ridiculously ahistorical empires are still possible.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Finally getting the hang of this game, still a noob though. I have been playing as Bohemia on Ironman. My family is from there orginally and I have visited Prague so it makes it fun. I can deal with Austria, Hungary and Poland, but fuck Saxony and Bavaria. Those two are so fucking annoying. And fuck the Pomereyans Alliance, suddenly my countryside is full of stinky Frenchman drinking wine and eating cheese.

faille

Molten Core Raider
One night in Paris achievement done. Major pita since it seems latest patch made it so you can't integrate France when you have a personal union. At least they kept breaking free before the 50 year wait was up, despite me having high relations with them. Ended up having to break them apart piece by piece. That was actually quite satisfying.

Zajeer

Molten Core Raider
Nicely done. That one was a bit tough for me. I'm personally still trying to get a World Conquest done. It's real damn hard, but I'm getting close. I've switched from trying to do it with the Ottomans -> Orthodox -> HRE strategy to just using France since they start out so damn strong in the most recent patch.

Basically with France my main goal is to ally Castille + Austria, beat up England and feed to Scotland, and beat up Portugal to slow down their colonization. Once Portugal is disabled, I turn on Castille and try to disable them before they colonize a lot. Basically removing both Portugal and Castille before they form their first South American colonial nations. Beating them up + England, I disable the colonizers and then turn my attention to the HRE for electors. Usually by that point the Burgundian inheritance event happens and France gets larger. At that point it's simply a matter of hurting Austria and taking HRE emperor title from them.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
One of the art guys for pdox managed an ottoman WC recently, stacking core cost reduction. So maybe give that a shot.