Everquest - Agnarr Server: Sunset Mode

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Oh yeah I used that site a ton its really good but since our guild has done classic x2 now on these TLP's we already posted BiS lists. I'm going through our older posts to try and get one for everyones class.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
Can't believe there are going to be so many hardcore players, I'm definitely not one of them :D
If I make level 20 I think I'll be surprised.. 10 even.

So we need to sub to play this? I've been logging in on my old account somehow? I don't even know what their pricing model is anymore.

Lets be honest here guys, do people actually get excited about being server-first in EQ anymore? The list of achievements on that faceless website made me laugh more than anything.

It's sort of a two fold thing for Faceless. Casual doesn't fit their brand and they can also get some people vetted for Pantheon through Agnarr. I think it's pretty cool that they are giving the FoH community the opportunity to roll along. I'm excited if only for the social aspect as EQ still fills that niche especially well.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Damn this thread..

Going to check out one of the other current progression servers and see if the nostalgia is strong enough. Most likely wont be able to join the sock groups. Work, etc isn't that forgiving.

Troll (master race) sk.

Last edited:

lost

<Bronze Donator>
jibekn #1 harm monk! lol always remember him running around necro illusion in seb with RFS ksin'g ppl. was fuckin awesome

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
jibekn #1 harm monk! lol always remember him running around necro illusion in seb with RFS ksin'g ppl. was fuckin awesome

lol. Jib was awesome for sure :D
Always at least 1 necro pet that copied his name every damn raid.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Can't believe there are going to be so many hardcore players, I'm definitely not one of them :D

So we need to sub to play this? I've been logging in on my old account somehow? I don't even know what their pricing model is anymore.

Lets be honest here guys, do people actually get excited about being server-first in EQ anymore? The list of achievements on that faceless website made me laugh more than anything.

Its the same as speed running any other game to me. The only difference is it takes more coordination and I only get to attempt it once every few years. Server firsts are a given but its not what I care about, its more about doing it faster than we did it last time.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

It's not that anyone gets excited about beating the boss, it's about beating the smug douchebags and rubbing it in their fat ugly faces.

Mick

<Gold Donor>
I have not played EQ since the Dragons of Norrath expansion and I am looking forward to playing on this server.

Tactician

Ancient
I think DBG should just embrace the season aspect like PoE / D3 and so on have, and just release servers regularly and use their built in achievement system to reward people with cosmetic shit, titles, daybreak bux and other vanity stuff like that. Probably end up with casuals staying subbed longer if they had that shiny weapon ornament to work towards once they're max level

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users
Right... just forget it is actually there. Low level mobs that have x3 the hps and hit like zol knights.

Erudites get the joy of an epic journey once in the lower teens. Nothing really close by - and share the same pain of those starting in Qeynos. Basically you have to get to "Commons" area for groupage or even further for Unrest. Never have good luck on Karana bandit camps or HH.

HE, HIE, Dwarfs, Gnomes - enjoy Crushbone/Unrest.
DEs, Humans, etc rest - enjoy Orc 1/2/3, Caimen/Crocs, Uguk, Lavastorm etc.

Eventually everyone funnels into Lguk / Sol A & B.

Travelling is not that hard at all if you know the basic routines of how to travel in classic. Most zones are not tricky, and we all are familiar with aggro ranges in our sleep.

• 1Salty

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
I know for me this will be my last hurrah in the world of Everquest. This game came out when I was 13 years old. My parents were Jehovahs Witnesses and I only got to play this when I visited my uncles.

The immersion and escape this game offered was heaven on earth to me when I was that young. I thought about getting to go to my uncles and hang out and play Everquest more then anything else. All i ever did in high school was read these forums and look up the top raid guilds and see what was being killed.

This era, Classic to PoP was my childhood. I love it. I love it SO much. I need to go back to it as an adult and play this game one more time.

I have one child now and one on the way. I can't play these games forever.

I cannot wait to play on this server.

• 5Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users
I am suspecting many are. Fippy was fucked, and ragefire, p99 is kind of a niche deal for eq deadenders, but it seems like phinny didn't suck at least, so now I am sensing (via spell: Sentinel) that many are intrigued to check out of DBG can do a halfway decent job w/o having the game borked to hell. It will still be eq lite but since p99 is moribund unless you really really want a nostalgia fix (and not plan on raiding) sounds like agnarr gonna be a rocket this summer.

Grandpa gaming ftw ~la

Brikker

Trump's Staff
I can't believe how this thread is getting the neckbeard in me going.

This. I think I'm mentally unsound to want to play EQ in 2017. Thread makes me jones to play a bard or rogue. Unfortunately (luckily?) I'll be pretty busy come June with my thesis, plus I'very never played tlp and wouldn't want to try to be a puller (bard). And rogues are shit until kunark/velious raid gear iirc?

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Sterling

El Presidente
This. I think I'm mentally unsound to want to play EQ in 2017. Thread makes me jones to play a bard or rogue. Unfortunately (luckily?) I'll be pretty busy come June with my thesis, plus I'very never played tlp and wouldn't want to try to be a puller (bard). And rogues are shit until kunark/velious raid gear iirc?
Rogues are pretty shit in Classic yeah. Also, you can be casual as fuck and not fall behind really. You could play a few hours a week, level in a month or so, and join a guild that does instances on your schedule and be just fine. It's very modernized in the way that the game is very casual friendly now.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider

Not to burst your bubble but Bards shouldn't pull a single thing until PoGrowth trash and then PoP. Its nothing other than the fact you don't have a way to drop agro and that makes transitioning agro to a warrior a detriment to a raid. Bard songs pulse agro per pulse while youre pulling and you don't transfer that threat to the tank. The one outlier is maybe in VP to pull one dragon using a bard to slingshot a monk with selos on the back side of the zone.

SK and Monks are god tier pullers, esp in Kunark with circlets. Shadowknights can snare and warp anything in the game just like on live and P99. Monks have instant and fast CD feign death which is coupled along with Mend and their damage reduction discs.

I think DBG should just embrace the season aspect like PoE / D3 and so on have, and just release servers regularly and use their built in achievement system to reward people with cosmetic shit, titles, daybreak bux and other vanity stuff like that. Probably end up with casuals staying subbed longer if they had that shiny weapon ornament to work towards once they're max level

I'm surprised this hasn't happened.

• 1Like