Everquest - Agnarr Server: Sunset Mode

Flaw

Molten Core Raider
Pardon me, but may I take a second to go on a wild crazy rant about a_skeleton_02' preferred raid schedule in velious?

Last edited:

Cupcaek

Molten Core Raider
How was your first non FE Trak raid Cupcaek Cupcaek ?
I just called people names and told them they were retarded for not knowing basic mechanics, and that addictions was better than them. Nice of you to finally acknowledge me =)
And then I went afk for good measure.

Zaide Zaide

• 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Pardon me, but may I take a second to go on a wild crazy rant about a_skeleton_02' preferred raid schedule in velious?
24057464-Approved-grunge-rubber-stamp-on-white-vector-illustration-Stock-Vector.jpg

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I just called people names and told them they were retarded for not knowing basic mechanics, and that addictions was better than them. Nice of you to finally acknowledge me =)
And then I went afk for good measure.

Zaide Zaide

I'm really shocked. I've been studying for my upcoming board exams but I took some time last night to unwind thinking the night before Velious would be fun. I'm leveling up an enchanter now, which I really like, and just tossed my LFG tag up. Got a tell, invited me to come to SolB. I thought, why not?

Only 1 person had even been there out of the group They called camp check and I stated that it looks like BnB was the only thing available. Not one of them knew where or what that was. So I took them to the camp, tried to explain things to the Puller and the MT, so he trained us and we died. I'm a nice guy, I haven't played much in awhile, so I said, let's go to LGuK guys, maybe we can find a peep or two to fill out the group (couple left after the death), and we'll do a camp like BR that's pretty easy and good exp. I gated to CL, ran to Guk, and told them I would lead them down. Well, they ported to 3 different random locations once they got to CL. Might fault for assuming they would know the way or would at least ask. I'm leaving out a whole lot of dialogue btw that would blow your mind. I nicely suggest we split up and they find other group because we simply had too high of a concentration of newbness to carry on. I get an invite from the BR group, who has no healer but they're pretty good guys. My Dad brought his druid to work OOG, played for a hour/hour and half, and I made two and half levels.

I'm not trying to be mean to snobby about the first group but I can only imagine what a raid could be like. I really don't want to imagine. I'm probably too impatient now in my older age. We have some true, legitimate noobs on the server. I'm sure they're all good guys but i'm not sure if they haven't played any MMO's or just too entrenched in the ezmode realm of MMO's. Regardless, God bless you for leading the raids. I did it for a couple of years and I'm just too nice I think to command attention in a game. Our guild leader/raid leaders pretty well gave you self-esteem issues but we got the job done. They were cool guys and being the lead cleric in a lot of cases, I never really got into much trouble. But we had a couple of guys that seems to always struggle following orders so I could only imagine a whole raid of idiots.

I'm finishing up my principal internship in a few weeks. Taking my board exam next week. Looking forward to getting an open schedule soon. Best of luck in Velious. As usual i'll be in guild chat cheering you guys on living vicariously through the guild.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Was the night before Velious when one of our officers deleted our raids/Attendance/DKP off of our EQDKP website in an attempt to clean up alts.

Of course our website is still owned by Cohh and of course he outsourced it to one of his fans who lives in Europe. So while we had mysql backups we could not do a restore.

So he reaches out to Cohh and he says he will pass the back up on, We assume it won't get done before tomorrow so the officer starts to manually re add the raids from our plain-text backups. Halfway through that the guy who has restore privileges does a restore with out saying anything causing the site to go into chaos fulling our raid window with a bunch of ghost raids.

He ended up staying up to around 4 fixing everything manually but we are Velious ready.

So i'm going to buy some hosting today and move everything over so we have full access to it, I think i'm going to remake our forums. @a_skeleton_03 What software is this forum and can I steal your CSS?

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Best of luck to all the guilds tomorrow, better not see you scum in western wastes!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Was the night before Velious when one of our officers deleted our raids/Attendance/DKP off of our EQDKP website in an attempt to clean up alts.

Of course our website is still owned by Cohh and of course he outsourced it to one of his fans who lives in Europe. So while we had mysql backups we could not do a restore.

So he reaches out to Cohh and he says he will pass the back up on, We assume it won't get done before tomorrow so the officer starts to manually re add the raids from our plain-text backups. Halfway through that the guy who has restore privileges does a restore with out saying anything causing the site to go into chaos fulling our raid window with a bunch of ghost raids.

He ended up staying up to around 4 fixing everything manually but we are Velious ready.

So i'm going to buy some hosting today and move everything over so we have full access to it, I think i'm going to remake our forums. @a_skeleton_03 What software is this forum and can I steal your CSS?
This is Xenforo and let me know and I can help you with it all, post launch of course.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Oh I see I have 20 minutes to decide. Well 10 now. Trying to think of if it is worth 15 bucks.

Really all I wanted to see was the funny boat all loaded down with people, and I can probably just watch a stream for that.