Everquest - Agnarr Server: Sunset Mode

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Had a lot of fun last night. The epic server fubar and all the salty tears were just like old times. Nostalgia overload, loved it.

Didn't get much done in game. Made a bunch of name holder tunes, messed with my keys on my box system. Noticed one of my name holder toons was in Qeynos, where my old main sk came from.

New toon was a bard though. Was just going to jump in and look around for old times sake, but the nostalgia wave hit even harder and suddenly I'm smacking snakes and rats wondering when Fippy is going to run by. All with a zone full of people and corpses. Got a couple levels on a class i never intended to play but the memory trip was worth it.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
It's amazing too me how many players this server has attracted that have never played another TLP server, or even EQ for over a decade. Is PoP locked really that much of a draw for these new players? Guess so.

OhSeven

Mediocre Negro
<Prior Amod>
Gonna kick off for reals at about 2pm eastern time until around 8 if anyone is around.

Toons name is Trayvon, dwarf rogue.

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Check your inventory on all your accounts

I couldnt even cursor it to trade so it wouldnt have made it to the other accounts as a trade window never opened. I relogged a few times to check but nothing. We'll see if they do anything

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Busy Saturday but Sunday, Monday is full on poopsock.
Yea, I've got work, yesterday, today, and flying back home all day tomorrow, but tomorrow night to Monday is full on poopsock!!

I was hoping to be able to hit 50 anyway, this just solidifies that even more!!

• 1Like

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Oh yeah baby. beat the rush! Got around 25 from merchants for 1gp

EQ000007.jpg

• 1Like

Dracula's Crew

Molten Core Raider
Qeynos last night was a madhouse. I spent most of my time figuring out where I can actually XP with the horde of other players.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's amazing too me how many players this server has attracted that have never played another TLP server, or even EQ for over a decade. Is PoP locked really that much of a draw for these new players? Guess so.

/shrug The PoP thing doesn't really matter to me, can't speak for the others. This thread is what got me rolling down memory lane, and the timing seemed right. The decade away helps put EQ in proper perspective. I've played a ton of mmo's since eq and some of them are fun but there are a lot of mechanics from eq that none of the new mmos have (fd, mobs that follow you forever, etc) that I miss.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

kudos

<Banned>

The fact it stops at PoP is why I joined again. I know that the server will never become a saturated mess of worthless AA's and half-ass implemented design choices throughout the later expansions (PoR for example).

lost

<Bronze Donator>
I feel bad for the people who been grinding, not knowing there'd be an experience event this weekend.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
I feel bad for the people who been grinding, not knowing there'd be an experience event this weekend.
why? it's not like it would've stopped the autists. what the hell else would they be doing?

• 1Like

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
My nephew is quite sick and I am tasked with watching 1yr old niece while they are in hospital, family coming first is a no brainer for me but still disappointed whole launch plan is shot. C'est la vie.