Everquest - Agnarr Server: Sunset Mode

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I even bought the damn bag, and might do another if they release another. 40 slot + 100% WR is just too huge. I justify it by saying I wont have to pay a sub fee at all for as long as I am there.

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Haven't heard a peep about the possibility of them adding another server due to demand.

Seems agnarr has more hype than lj/rf/phinny combined.

We all know how the LJ/RF debacle ended and it wasn't that long ago when Archeage had their hype meltdown.

Every company does these fresh starts and isn't prepared for the population burst, forcing themselves to open a second server or hemorrhaging players til enough fit.

I would imagine DBG just assumes most people are going to stay on Phinny but they dont seem to realize everyone is going to play Agnarr at least for the first month to cash in that Krono.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Haven't heard a peep about the possibility of them adding another server due to demand.

Seems agnarr has more hype than lj/rf/phinny combined.

We all know how the LJ/RF debacle ended and it wasn't that long ago when Archeage had their hype meltdown.

Every company does these fresh starts and isn't prepared for the population burst, forcing themselves to open a second server or hemorrhaging players til enough fit.

I would imagine DBG just assumes most people are going to stay on Phinny but they dont seem to realize everyone is going to play Agnarr at least for the first month to cash in that Krono.

No reason to open another server when this one will have instancing

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I have no idea what Agnarr will bring number wise but Phinny was insanely slammed. It introduced instancing and gave other guilds the chance to raid which was a first. If it wasn't for Phinigel 96% of the population wouldn't be experiencing raids.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Holy shit the hype is real!! Can't wait to experience this from a tank perspective.

Korrupt Korrupt I shall follow in your glorious foot steps! Amen!

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
No reason to open another server when this one will have instancing

I don't know how they have their servers setup but I assume the instancing has a limit which was the very reason they put in the recent instance changes to force close under a certain population. I hope you're right though, I just know this server had adequate marketing well in advance so more people were prepared and in waiting to play than all the other servers.

It's going to be glorious and should be a real clusterfuck in open world raids. With the p99 crowd getting into this as well, I think there's going to be a lot more competition in non-instance land than phinny had.

The forum drama is going to be hilarious!

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
After messing around on Test server and Ragefire I've decided to go Shaman.

I feel I'm going to hit this pretty hardcore. I need a leveling group!

kudos

<Banned>
I'm more worried about not being able to fucking find mobs to fucking level. You people are worrying over shit that isn't really important as raiding in classic is pointless at the end of the day. You won't be raiding planes if you can't find mobs to fucking kill to level to 46.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm more worried about not being able to fucking find mobs to fucking level. You people are worrying over shit that isn't really important as raiding in classic is pointless at the end of the day. You won't be raiding planes if you can't find mobs to fucking kill to level to 46.

Fake news, we've done TLPs without picks and hundreds of people in zones versus the 20 well see on Agnarr and had no problems.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
You're forgetting about the new spawn rate in newb zones that was implemented this week.

Oh yes the horror of level 1-3 being a tiny bit rougher if you choose those few starting cities. Hopefully people will be able to climb the mountain that is level 3 and come out ok.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

kudos

<Banned>
Oh yes the horror of level 1-3 being a tiny bit rougher if you choose those few starting cities. Hopefully people will be able to climb the mountain that is level 3 and come out ok.
Please make a barbarian just so I can laugh at your struggle levels.

• 2Salty

Flaw

Molten Core Raider
Anyone considering doing enchanter + any non cleric healer:

You will ultimately regret not having complete heal when duoing big named/camps to heal your charmed pet up. The HP/ac buffs will really help you survive recharms too.

Lastly, shit happens and sometimes you die. The Rez is invaluable as well.

Speaking from experience, I would never run ench+non cleric healer.

This duo will easily get to max level any expansion, even with four non active boxes sitting in group. Most likely the most equipped duo on TLPs. Powerhouse is the proper charmed pet and that's all you need to carry everyone.

Toss in a third box necromancer, sick pet, dot/nuke, and mana battery ench to keep ench smashing. Extra free DPS and mana, especially in tight camps when that MANA will be needed from necromancer to ench. I'd pick third box necromancer over mage for the above reason. The mage pet doesn't do much more dmg to make up for loss of Mana battery, FD, extra Rez if your cleric+ench wipe to train, assholes, etc. You eventually get max exp on cleric and ench and can sacrifice them to stock your necromancer with Rez when needed.

Have three comps setup, keyboards two side by side on one row, and main keyboard below them. Kinda like a triangle. Bind all char hotkeys to number pad. Bind target nearest npc to pagedwn near number pad. Put all focus on enchanter keyboard and just hit cleric or necromancer number pad when needed without even looking.

Edit: I would also just do all DE for hide and ease of starting together quickly in a good leveling path area

Last edited:

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Please make a barbarian just so I can laugh at your struggle levels.

Hopefully most people with common sense will realize the 1-3 nerf is just a couple of zones, one of which is a 1 minute run from 2 more packed newbie areas. Not to mention most people are in premade 6m groups that can kill level 4 mobs on accident. It's just a silly non issue being perpetuated by the mob mentality into something that isnt really a big deal.

I dont think anyone in Faceless is going Halas either including me.

• 1Like

Flaw

Molten Core Raider
In regards to.my last post:

Don't be disillusioned with having a powerhouse box setup like I mentioned. The ones who level the quickest and get the most success will likely play one character, atleast to max.

I also burnt myself out on phiny multi boxing. Can't say I will go that same route again if I truly want to enjoy the game instead of it feeling like a second job.

Even if you have an easier way to box than I suggested... A wise cleric once told me, I think his name was cleric too...."why you got all those boxes? You gonna burn out man and stop enjoying EQ"

I said nahhhh no way love my guild AoS, love the game, no way. Month or two later I was burnt and dead.

• 1Salty

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Enchanter was kind of rough in Velious/Luclin. Lots of uncharmable mobs or highly MR resistant in groups, and nothing to charm in Temple of Veeshan or Vex Thal/Ssra so your a buff bot endgame - have an alt or box. Verant had a grudge against charm for those 2 expansions after Kunark.

It's great again in PoP though.

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
Doing some tests, picking random names. Someone needs to use this one...

1TG9z5L.png

• 2Like

Word

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Thinking of off loading my Mask of Tinkering on The Sleeper to fund Krono for Agnarr. What's the best way to go about it these days?