Everquest - Agnarr Server: Sunset Mode

rollings

Trakanon Raider
It has to be reported with some super duper evidence to warrant a suspension. Basically they do have a code that boots people out if attempting multiple connections from same IP. But if you are smart and can get around it, you are all set.

So last night was my first time EVER in an EQ raid...As a healer is there anyway to see the health of other people in the raid besides your group? I could not figure it out for the life of me last night.
It has been a few years since I raided so there might be more then the below.
You can use the Raid Window to get a list of the other raid members, you won't see the bars in the same way but you can click on the name to target. IIRC you can also colour names based on class in that window and you can set the tanks to a visble colour (it is possible I'm thinking of another game).

Another one is to open the socials and set a list of targets with the names of the tanks.One button set to /tar tank01, another button set to /tar tank02

Have good target, cycle target, assist, target PC and cycle PC hotkeys setup and while using them monitor the HoTT window.

A trick thatisn't that widespread is to adjust your hitsmode and filters into various windows and read the combat spam. Sounds rough but is possible and should be easier in classic especially at this stage, practicing in groups will make perfect. (This is a small hang over from having to have the book open to med) Then type /tar sometank when you see their name flash up.

The main thing with the above is that it is really only used while clearing trash, once hitting the raid target you will general have to do your assigned healing role and your targets shouldn't change much.

Being a raid cleric can be incredibly active if you push yourself.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
this is the guy who was scamming people for kronos and shit too right? pretty hilarious because he also told me he makes $20k/month
Talking about his money seems to be a thing with him. In that soundcloud I linked he kept talking shit about his 60k car and how he spent 30k to fix his teeth. A lot of his angry redguides posts mentioned him making multiple thousands per week too. Guy is a scumbag extraordinaire for sure.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Talking about his money seems to be a thing with him. In that soundcloud I linked he kept talking shit about his 60k car and how he spent 30k to fix his teeth. A lot of his angry redguides posts mentioned him making multiple thousands per week too. Guy is a scumbag extraordinaire for sure.
Always talks about money? Shit, lyrical is really a white nerd.

• 1Like

DaliLhama

Golden Squire
Having not played this since SoL launched way back, im really enjoying myself and hit 41 last night in random PUGs and has been a fun experience all over again minus the loot drama i experienced. Still in leather and some bought jewelry and having a blast, now to hopefully get into some groups at this level as a druid cause healing groups as main healer wont be so easy now till 44 i imagine when i can use superior heal.

Also had that BadandBajou train a group i was in and said he had no idea where all those adds came from hehe was the 1st train in lguk i experienced and laughed hard at it.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
After 4,5,even 6 boxing on live, I dont think I could play EQ without boxing anymore. Too fucking boring.

Just look at any EQ agnarr or phinny stream on Twitch, 99% of them you click on are sitting on their asses not doing anything.

Also IMO, vanilla EQ sucks. It got way better during Kunark and even better in Velious.

Not Enchanter, that's for sure. And a good Bard won't be either (otherwise they'll just be using Melody and auto attacking, like the dumb bard that couldn't understand how he kept breaking my charm). Enchanter requires more effort and energy than every WoW class out there, if you're in a good group and/or doing challenging content. It's almost too much, you never get a break. I love it though. You also get the satisfaction of people being amazed at what you can do. I get a lot of tells/group messages about how they never realized an Enchanter can do what I do (not saying it's unique to me, most people are just lazy/don't know the class well) and how I'm a god. That's always fun, used to get that on my Bard back in the day. You also have a lot of decisions you can make about how to handle various situations. Sometimes when there's 6 mobs, I decide to just stun lock them, other times I mez or combine the two and other times I just chain rune tank/myself/root etc.

Having your group think you guys are for sure dead because of a hugely bad pull/train and then to not only keep everyone alive, but thrive, is extremely satisfying.

EQ000048.jpg

Last edited:

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
so apparently there is some sort of CS presence here because I just got 14 days for this:

ukgkEuy.jpg

easy time.

there were quite a few others too, including the one where all three ran into the lava, rolf. i do appreciate the timing though since I can now go outside and enjoy this lovely weather.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Enchanters suck, don't play one.*

*I say this because there are a million fucking enchanters right now.

Barraind

Trakanon Raider
There are two or three guides that have rotating shifts on the server, so theres usually coverage (and significantly more than other servers, though places like Test can grab dev attention much easier [and have a lot of passive GM involvement])

Louis

Trakanon Raider
so apparently there is some sort of CS presence here because I just got 14 days for this:

View attachment 143436
easy time.

there were quite a few others two, including the one where all there ran into the lava, rolf. i do appreciate the timing though since I can now go outside and enjoy this lovely weather.
My fearless leader.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Morrow

Trakanon Raider

View attachment 143436
easy time.

there were quite a few others two, including the one where all three ran into the lava, rolf. i do appreciate the timing though since I can now go outside and enjoy this lovely weather.

Oh shit I'm glad those weren't agro tells with Amberdite. I like her.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Oh shit I'm glad those weren't agro tells with Amberdite. I like her.
do you just assume all my tells are aggro tells? I'm actually quite easy to get along with assuming you don't try to come in with a Mage army and take my efreeti camp. sometimes people need to learn the hard way.

• 1Like

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
do you just assume all my tells are aggro tells? I'm actually quite easy to get along with assuming you don't try to come in with a Mage army and take my efreeti camp. sometimes people need to learn the hard way.

Lol well dude you were talking about getting suspended for 14 days, and then below that was a screenshot. So yeah, I assumed the tells were gonna be heated, and I saw someone's name that I think is pretty cool.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
can anyone check if "Vladimir" is still available as a name on Agnarr? I feel like rolling up one of these glistening beefcakes

celestialfistspic.jpg

Last edited: