Everquest - Agnarr Server: Sunset Mode

rad

Lord of Guk
Yeah for the most part I really liked the way loot was handled in AoS. The bullshit that did happen really wasn't the fault the officers, you cannot stop RMT douche nuggets from selling their max toons to eat tacos.

Starklen helped me so many times, really the entire team was pretty badass. Except for Skykam, there were some questionable bids I was involved in, esp my PD cloak, where max made no sense based on who was in the raid, needed and dkp at the time. The numbers never added up but figured it wasnt worth the fight. Sky is still one of the few that turned me off.

I was surprised as fuck to hear Join's (Solkos) voice on the first Vox kill. And now watching Dojiis stream etc, some of these fucksticks are straight up bottom feeders.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
As far as not wiping ever on TLPs the point of optimizing in my mind at least would be to be able to maximize splitting on these instanced servers. I ended up running with OGC on Phini while I played because I'm not able to do the batphones anymore and it was an absolute blast, because they basically just max split everything which kept encounters challenging while also creating a pixel pinata. It's a different skillset doing things with low numbers than it is racing to kill mobs which I also found very fun.

Hoping I can end up finding something similar on Agnarr, I was hoping to hook up with FE and casual up some instance splits but the more I think about it I'm afraid it will drive me nuts missing out on all the open world raids, especially if Phini was any indication they'll be busy enough with that instanced stuff will just be an afterthought.

OGC was an open world guild until we blanked them out of all mobs and then they retreated to instances after 5 weeks. Almost every guild on Phinny split raid as well including us and purposely did one more split than OGC just to negate the whole "we split so we're really #1 autism argument.

Its funny after all of OGCs threats about being open world kings here in the phinny thread that they ended up doing nothing lol. Pretty much just like Fippy and Lockjaw.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
A thing to look at in Faceless is our raid composition as well. We have more active clerics and shamans than I've ever had in a guild. Usually a full raid has something like 12-14 clerics and 4-6 shaman; so we've have an abundance of healing power. I know recently we've started telling our Shamans to transition to DPS, especially on Gods where there isn't a damage AE.

On Lockjaw we kept BCG's to Necro only and by the end of classic every single main Necro had one and they started going to Druids. I didn't realize that our luck on BCG drops was so far outside the norm.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
rad rad RMT is going to happen in every guild, we had people quit in classic the second they got CoF's. The whole Sleepers zone is another RMT fiesta, the amount of people who sold once they got their monk robes / SoD's / Gnome masks was staggering.

Dyll

Molten Core Raider
Think of all the races we went through, Starklen doing 51 AJ's, Siirx and Grisvok topping race parses for 3 expansions almost. They used it the entirety of its life cycle until Velious when you get BA3 helm or Feshlak boots right away. To say it didn't make a difference and was only to shave time off of first kills is really putting it lightly. Those 3 necro's did more work than 98% of the guild and were well worth the restriction to put it on them.

Bro I was salty as hell as a warrior too lol, don't forget an Enc took our first shield of the immaculate from tanks. That's by far our BiS back item until Lady Nev even forgetting about the click. I think no matter what we decided no one was 100% happy. You guys all know that im 100% about whats best for us as a team and Grisvok I can say is exactly the same. Our thought process is always whats best overall for AoS and not one person or class.

Wiping isn't a thing in our guild but believe me the majority of guilds do wipe still at some point. Being in other guilds I now realize how important our guilds organization, preparation, transparency, and work we put in is.

Oh yeah, I agree with respect to us in AoS, which is why I didn't even consider complaining about it. Especially since there actually was a hint of competition on Phinny at least for a bit. Again, I'm in full agreement if you are purely looking at what is best for the guild from min/max, it is the right thing to do. I just don't think it makes so much difference that a guild will wipe or not be able to do low-number splits because they didn't give their BCGs to necros.

Sterling

El Presidente
Oh yeah, I agree with respect to us in AoS, which is why I didn't even consider complaining about it. Especially since there actually was a hint of competition on Phinny at least for a bit. Again, I'm in full agreement if you are purely looking at what is best for the guild from min/max, it is the right thing to do. I just don't think it makes so much difference that a guild will wipe or not be able to do low-number splits because they didn't give their BCGs to necros.
Also really only matters all that much in Kunark since a Serp Bracer gets you most of the way there on the focus anyways, totally different at 60 though.

rad

Lord of Guk
rad rad RMT is going to happen in every guild, we had people quit in classic the second they got CoF's. The whole Sleepers zone is another RMT fiesta, the amount of people who sold once they got their monk robes / SoD's / Gnome masks was staggering.

Oh no doubt - I think it just chaps your ass when you're a team player and having that mentality burns you on these servers to some degree.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
OGC was an open world guild until we blanked them out of all mobs and then they retreated to instances after 5 weeks. Almost every guild on Phinny split raid as well including us and purposely did one more split than OGC just to negate the whole "we split so we're really #1 autism argument.

Its funny after all of OGCs threats about being open world kings here in the phinny thread that they ended up doing nothing lol. Pretty much just like Fippy and Lockjaw.

did we ever figure out how ogc got so many vulaks in a week

sneakyflute

Golden Squire
Do people play on these servers for the sole purpose of selling their maxed out toons? Level 105 characters with epics and shit only net you a couple hundred bucks from what I can tell.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Oh no doubt - I think it just chaps your ass when you're a team player and having that mentality burns you on these servers to some degree.

Trust me I know, we put in hours everyday even with Skynet up watching the open world stuff. We tried to wait until 11am daily to batphone most mobs but as you guys saw we ended up batphoning at all kinds of hours if any guild started mobilizing, which was almost 2-3x a week up until Luclin. Throw in dealing with complaints daily, loot pm's, DKP, admin stuff, raid leading, and keeping everyone focused and it bothers you a lot as an officer especially when someone quits youre heavily invested into.

S sneakyflute Sleepers geared or in general fully endgame geared toons sell for upwards of 2-3k usd on TLPs.

@a_skeleton_02 Same as on live, if someone kills all 4 warders it releases the sleeper. The warders are complete jokes just like on live though, 2 of them you can pretty much one group.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Trust me I know, we put in hours everyday even with Skynet up watching the open world stuff. We tried to wait until 11am daily to batphone most mobs but as you guys saw we ended up batphoning at all kinds of hours if any guild started mobilizing, which was almost 2-3x a week up until Luclin. Throw in dealing with complaints daily, loot pm's, DKP, admin stuff, raid leading, and keeping everyone focused and it bothers you a lot as an officer especially when someone quits youre heavily invested into.

S sneakyflute Sleepers geared or in general fully endgame geared toons sell for upwards of 2-3k usd on TLPs.

@a_skeleton_02 Same as on live, if someone kills all 4 warders it releases the sleeper. The warders are complete jokes just like on live though, 2 of them you can pretty much one group.

$3k USD? What the fuck?

lost

<Bronze Donator>
$3k USD? What the fuck?

Yep, usually with a shroud of longevity, primals, dozekar, vulak and SOD can be ~2500. SOD alone was 600-900. Not to mention AOS woke sleeper early so wasnt many monks with shroud.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I was pissed on Ragefire that we (Darkwind) awoke the Sleeper crazy early. There was no other guild remotely close to an ST keyed raidforce and the leader felt we needed to go ST 2.0 for "better loot for everyone". Fucking pissed a lot of people off in guild. We had total shit drop rate on Monk robes and had 2 max. I got burned out pretty quick in Velious though and looted my Abashi Rod and pretty much quit right after.

Hell, I still have my 6 box team in full raid gear. (alts in WDC, VP stuff, etc). My Monk had epic, PD Robe, 41% haste Sky belt, Abashi Rod, + loads of NToV gear. I should have cashed out like everyone else.