Everquest II

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
It's the only way these servers would really be worth the time, I'm glad to see it.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I've never played EQ2 except for when it first came out. Is it worth trying now?
Yes... Regardless of the sluggish start and the disaster at the end, it really provided me with some of my best MMO memories. I'm afraid to say too much as I really don't know how people, especially people who didn't play it much, will judge how it has aged.

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
Yes... Regardless of the sluggish start and the disaster at the end, it really provided me with some of my best MMO memories. I'm afraid to say too much as I really don't know how people, especially people who didn't play it much, will judge how it has aged.
I agree with this. From 2004-2014 gave me some good times (Despite all the hiccups and setbacks)

My mistake was, I decided at launch on EQ2 only...and did not play or raid in WoW. So when the Eq2 population departed, the next years were more about keeping a guild together.

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Downloading the client now, so I can be fully disappointed to see it still run like shit on my new rig.

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
The team is doing all of these things... they're re-adding heroic mobs into the overlands, buffing all of the NPCs because they kind of explode when you poke them right now-they're just way too weak-too easy,
Nice. Nice...

Downloading the client now, so I can be fully disappointed to see it still run like shit on my new rig.
Basically when you think it's downloaded, patched and ready to fuck, it launches another patch download on the launcher when you're in-game. let that bad boy download completely and it smoothed out immensely.

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Actually surprised how well it runs besides the stutter from the client downloading like flex said. Pretty much have it on extreme without shadows and get a decent fps. I told my brother about this and he got hype as fuck and plans on doing a pretty competitive guild on the pve server. He's on disability atm and is ocd as fuck, so I fully expect him to go pretty hard if anyone else is interested.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Just turn off the multi-processor support and shadows and it should be fine. I've honestly never had a problem. Just make sure it completely loads the game. Sometimes it will appear to be done and you may have to restart the patch a time or two to get it to begin loading the other 6 Gigs of the game.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Question - game looks and plays fine - but the TEXT looks off to me, any idea what setting is screwing with it?

Iadien

Silver Knight of the Realm
Actually surprised how well it runs besides the stutter from the client downloading like flex said. Pretty much have it on extreme without shadows and get a decent fps. I told my brother about this and he got hype as fuck and plans on doing a pretty competitive guild on the pve server. He's on disability atm and is ocd as fuck, so I fully expect him to go pretty hard if anyone else is interested.
For those downloading I suggest disabling streaming, it causes freezing and other shit in game.

patcher > advanced tools > select game version > tick full download

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Shit man, EQ2 Beta tomorrow, revamped EQ Classic Raids a week later... I'm going to be busy.

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Non-instanced open world named raid mob. Think of Gorenaire, Severilous, or Talendor from EQ days.
While this is true, I think in this case they are referring to the outdoor group mobs that got converted to solo mobs a while post release. Mobs like the scarecrows outside Qeynos or the orcs outside Freeport

Iadien

Silver Knight of the Realm
While this is true, I think in this case they are referring to the outdoor group mobs that got converted to solo mobs a while post release. Mobs like the scarecrows outside Qeynos or the orcs outside Freeport
Correct. We're not sure how many solo mobs they're turning back into 2/3 ups, but yes it's not just rare or raid mobs.