Everquest - Live Servers

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
For what it's worth, I never saw that waterfall until I played on P99.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Training others, guilds, afkers and all around griefing is what made EQ..(its bullshit if you say otherwise!)

Lets make EverQuest great again!

• 1Like

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Training dragons in WW to guilds setting up for Sontalaak was great - The ability to 12 box with EQW and farm plat and turn around and sell it on PA for like $450 per 100k was amazing also.

Training Sir Breel on KoS people hiding is also amazing.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Playing a Rogue and watching other people die to trains always made me feel like I was missing out on something quintessentially EQ.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
My favorite excuse of a AFKer in Vex Thal was that, "His mom fell down the stairs and there is blood everywhere, he need to clean up."

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Norrath is still the only world i care about, sure i played WoW quite a bit but i couldnt answer shit for questions about that game if asked - Hell i only know the name of a few npc off the top of my head even after all these years. EQ just felt more involved, be it the questing, raiding or griefing, everything just had much more impact. Its possible its bc the world wasnt instanced and all your actions in dungeons or raids actually affected others, but in any case it was awesome for its time even if its success was a mistake.

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
My favorite zone to train was Bastion of Thunder during Planes of Power. You would get four people, one to go to the top of each tower with different elemental giants, then have a race to get your whole wing to the bottom. This is the only screenshot I could dig up, but it is great because EF was the asian guild on the server (Innoruuk).

SCd1ALk.jpg

CjyxM

Last edited:
EverQuest became great when they added the non stick frying pan and cheese.

Project 2002: the internets premiere non stick frying pan and cheese version of everquest

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Lol BoT was incredibly easy to grief. Took my bard, and would use fading memories to train people, and High Sun to fuck with groups individually. Any soloing mages with charmed elementals, i would just dispel.

• 1Like

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Playing EQ in 1999 and 2000 was like attending Woodstock. It was a unique time and place and if you weren't there you missed something special.

This. The sad part is that I doubt any game using a monitor, will ever give me that feeling again. (a VR game might). It really felt like a "first love" (to a crazy bitch who liked to cut you during sex).

This thread brings back so may memories and thinking about how the community was for this game. All of these happened on Torvon which was a server that came up right when Kunark released, I played for pre-kunark on Sol Ro.

I always played an enchanter main and my roommate at the time had a druid and later on a cleric. Since we where on the higher end of the level curve at the time we started farming stuff with Razed on the server who used to have good camps on lockdown and farm and then sell on ebay. I remember there being a no more eboots for mages campaign going on it EC at the time he was farming them hard, it was pretty funny and of course I had a some to sell myself. Later on he was the major fungi tunic farmer on the server. I got a couple of those with him and remember making one of our RL friends that played a monks day by giving him a fungi tunic.

There was also the one time in Velious that we all ninja'ed up to plain of growth and sat 2 druid boxes on the pogs so they wouldn't respawn and went an cleared half the plane with 2 groups or random people we knew. Best part of that was torvon was notorious for having planes on rotation, so there was a glorious amount of forum tears shed that day by the guild that was supposed to clear it the next day.

Later on I joined Blades of Wrath on that server and they didn't respect any of the rotations, so random pickups where always fun for people thinking we were a bunch of assholes. There was one time I was bored so I did a PUG in velks and the warrior in the group had less AC and HP than my enchanter, so I was pissing him off by playing as a werewolf tank.

Also sometimes the bugs where just great. The one I remember best was shortly after luclin I had a clicky on my enchanter called ice shatter I think that was from some luclin drop, (when I got it, it was a proc weapon so much more fun in groups when I was bored with slow pulls)
, but it got nerfed into a slow as clicky. Anyway we where doing Avatar of War and the entire zone bugged out so everyone's spells started fizzling. I just happened to be click on my ice shatter (cause I was a chanter with nothing else to do there cause of the charm nerf) and it turned into a machine gun. Instant cast nuke. So while we didn't kill Avatar on that occasion because of the bug and our CH chain going to shit, I think I did at least 10k damage clicking madly on that thing doing 125 a pop.

Lots of good memories of this game even though I remember being frustrated and bored a lot. Worst was the long as camps clearing trash for what felt like days before you could kill 1 damn raid mob.

I have tried server MMOs since and really nothing compares for me. Not that I have blocks or 6-10 hours to play anymore. I like to say I majored in Everquest and minored in computer science while i college.

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
Enchanters are so freaking awesome--I played a monk and am returning to Phinny as a bard, but the thought of chanter keeps creeping in--raiding and going back and lol AAing in Velks with some random healer chanter tanking with slow+animation dps