Everquest - Live Servers

Ecko

Trakanon Raider
That's been around a long time now.

View attachment 520154

I've actually seen that perk be a negative on Vanakii(sp) due to not being able to delevel to do achievements for rewards. Have seen people people basically begging for a necro to help delevel.
You can delevel without a necro with that perk, but it's such a pain, get to 0.00% xp, get a shroud, die, go back and remove shroud and you'll be 99% or so in the previous level. Sucks doing it for more than one level for sure. Really wish they could do a slash command to delevel on there, would make the server much more viable.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
At some point (Miragul server I think) I tried doing a heroic 85 necromancer to go do some soloing and whatnot. Was getting beaten down by DB mobs in New Feerott just trying to get the J5 merc tasks done, while I tried to figure out all the AAs and everything for 60-85 that I wasn't familiar with. It was pretty suck. Think I got some resists and died to a moss snake or something and fucked off back to regular TLPs.

Jumping ahead with a character in-progress just doesn't work for me in any form it seems like, I need to play them from early and know what everything does.
Zaides Discord said we need to log in and get these stupid potions (btw P Pooch ), so I figured I'd play some while here. Im dicking around on Fennin Ro just because my original character was there with a Cleric and a Beastlord. Last night was the first night, and for whatever reason, I want to "complete" gloomfang mines since Ive never done it and always just exited. That place takes forever and a fucking day, but its semi neat I guess. I thought about doing the boosts, but I already know Ill be lost. I've never played past POP, so I'd just be fucking lost.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Zaides Discord said we need to log in and get these stupid potions (btw P Pooch ), so I figured I'd play some while here. Im dicking around on Fennin Ro just because my original character was there with a Cleric and a Beastlord. Last night was the first night, and for whatever reason, I want to "complete" gloomfang mines since Ive never done it and always just exited. That place takes forever and a fucking day, but its semi neat I guess. I thought about doing the boosts, but I already know Ill be lost. I've never played past POP, so I'd just be fucking lost.
Gloomfang is fast and easy with mercs. Like, stupid easy. As long as you do all the quests, which are pretty well grouped, you can be done with it in an hour or two. First time I did it was SoF just before mercs were a thing. And it was a lot harder. I logged into my Fennin Ro toons the other day, and immediately got depressed. I still have my old guild tag, but almost no one has logged in in the past decade.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Just a heads up: It is EverQuest’s 25th Anniversary!

All players will receive the following:
  • 50% bonus to experience gains for all players! (Bonus ends on April 1, 2024, at 1:00 a.m. PDT.)
  • A Royal Silver Crown for all your characters. (One per character; available until April 20, 2024, at 11:00 p.m. PDT.) *

All-AccessMembers will also receive the following:
  • A Darkpaw Torch Ornament for all your characters. (One per character; available until April 20, 2024, at 11:00 p.m. PDT.) *
  • A Level 100 Heroic Character (One per account; available until April 20, 2024, at 11:00 p.m. PDT) **
  • A Goblet of Adventure II (One per account; available until April 20, 2024, at 11:00 p.m. PDT.) **
What’s new for this year:
  • Quests: Alta the Frightened has seen things that simply shouldn’t be. They offer the quest Chasing What’s Not Real in Crescent Reach. Ghrald McMannus in Katta Castellum has a vested interest in figuring it out, offering Chasing Madness.
  • Mission: Continuing Ghrald McMannus’ investigations leads adventurers into Reflections of You, starting from Katta Castellum.
  • Raid: Speak with Ghrald McMannus to force an end to the madness in the event Inner Turmoil.
Returning events:
  • All the quests and the mission that was added last year.
  • Looking for adventures over level 100? Some of the earlier top hits included Sailor Twift with her Riveting Tales. Don’t have time to help spread Unity among the Gnolls? Head to the Plane of Knowledge and speak with Maitreya, the Maître D’. He needs some help making a Fancy Feast.
  • Not quite up to level 100+ quests? Don't worry; there are a bunch of lower-level quests. If you are not ready to head out for summer, stop by Geia Korrel and head back to school with School Supplies. Or if helping a lovesick Iksar is more to your liking, speak with an Emissary of Erollisi in the Plane of Knowledge.
  • No party is complete without eating some delicious Platinum Anniversary Cake in scenic locations. While you're out in the world adventuring, take the time to explore all the years of anniversary content.
Lastly, we are also un-vaulting the Past Heritage Crates. You can find these Heritage crates on the Marketplace from now until April 1, 2024, 1:00 a.m. PDT.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Zaides Discord said we need to log in and get these stupid potions

How do these anniversary EXP potions work? Just log in on any character and it'll give you a /claim for it? I assume you only need to log in once per account. I should probably get that done.

I logged into my Fennin Ro toons the other day, and immediately got depressed. I still have my old guild tag, but almost no one has logged in in the past decade.

Yeah I feel that. Haven't logged into a high level character on a live server since like 2015 and even then there were a lot of ghost town guilds.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
25th anniversary for the game, so at 9.99 a month if you stayed subscribed the entire time you dropped 3 grand on subscription, plus another 900ish on Expansions.

• 1Solidarity

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
How do these anniversary EXP potions work? Just log in on any character and it'll give you a /claim for it? I assume you only need to log in once per account. I should probably get that done.

Yeah I feel that. Haven't logged into a high level character on a live server since like 2015 and even then there were a lot of ghost town guilds.
As Mulligan just quoted - you have to have all access/sub, and you'll get what you need.

BubbySoup

Golden Knight of the Realm
25th anniversary for the game, so at 9.99 a month if you stayed subscribed the entire time you dropped 3 grand on subscription, plus another 900ish on Expansions.
That's pretty cheap as hobbies go. Also cheap compared to alcohol, coke, women ... :D

hory

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
That's pretty cheap as hobbies go. Also cheap compared to alcohol, coke, women ... :D
Especially considering the game will still run on a pc from 2005.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Does the 25th anniversary level 100 heroic character have to be used before the end of the event? Was thinking of subbing to pick it up to use later, but not clear if that works

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Does the 25th anniversary level 100 heroic character have to be used before the end of the event? Was thinking of subbing to pick it up to use later, but not clear if that works
Shouldn't have to be used during the event. Just a "thanks for subbing" during the event. Think they did the same thing in the past with the 85 boost.

• 1Like

kinadin

<Gold Donor>
What's the state of Rat Ears in 2024? Does the quest still work / give good EXP? How many stacks did it take to get a character to, say, level 15 or 20?

I've got like 200,000 of them banked on some TLP server. No clue which and can't check because I'm not subbed and almost all of my servers are yellow. Probably either Vaniki or Mischief.
I think what they did was lock the rat ears to a specific era at some point during Kunark on Mischief instead of them being available in classic. By the time they're available to purchase you normally would have just red wined instead because the amount of plat needed was available in game. I don't remember the era the ears would have unlocked though, but it's something fairly late like TBS, SOF, etc. if I'm remembering correctly.

• 1Like

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Can you boost a character's other persona? In my mind it seems like you could switch to another class and then apply the boost or am I oversimplifying it? Looking to take my main (which is a cleric) and boost him as a SK.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Can you boost a character's other persona? In my mind it seems like you could switch to another class and then apply the boost or am I oversimplifying it? Looking to take my main (which is a cleric) and boost him as a SK.
You can but you can't delete a persona if you wanted the boost back. Entire character has to be nuked to refund the boost.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
c8zd0h9nenoc1.png

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I think what they did was lock the rat ears to a specific era at some point during Kunark on Mischief instead of them being available in classic. By the time they're available to purchase you normally would have just red wined instead because the amount of plat needed was available in game. I don't remember the era the ears would have unlocked though, but it's something fairly late like TBS, SOF, etc. if I'm remembering correctly.

In that case my 200k rat ear collection is probably obsolete now since they're buyable from a merchant again due to the passage of eras.

As Mulligan just quoted - you have to have all access/sub, and you'll get what you need.

So basically have to sub for a month to get the potion claim. No big deal. Goblet of Adventure II isn't the best though, 25% over 8 hours. Aren't 50% pots usually available on new TLPs at the outset? Rather load up on a few of those than be blocked-out by a 25%. If only 25%'s are available then this pot is awesome.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

What is a Breezeboot's Frigid Gnasher?

500,000 man-years have been spent playing this game, longer than all of known human history and pre-history.

Warrior being the most-played class kinda explains a lot. Like why so many people left for WoW.