Everquest - Live Servers

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
What is a Breezeboot's Frigid Gnasher?

500,000 man-years have been spent playing this game, longer than all of known human history and pre-history.

Warrior being the most-played class kinda explains a lot. Like why so many people left for WoW.
Pretty sure it's that velious bow with a knockback. Don't recall why it was removed.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Pretty sure it's that velious bow with a knockback. Don't recall why it was removed.

Oh shit, THAT is the "BFG 9000" from back in the day. Never knew what it was actually called. I think you could do all kinds of 'sploiting with it.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
BFG Right click ranger weapon that does knockback. I never could get the last thing to spawn in the frozen zone whatver it was. It wasn't removed they removed one item you needed to complete the quest. For a long time people kept trying to finish the quest.

Also have no idea what a Crono is.

My ranger is on the FV server, I transferred to it at one time. There was some rule is the reason I did. Maybe since stuff is tradeable. Not sure, can't transfer off but seems like it's not totally dead at least.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
Wow. Kind of morbid, but I wonder how many former players have passed away since EQ started.

Wild.PNG

• 1Truth!

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Should release how many players were killed when they hit A trying to hail an NPC and attacked instead. Or how many corpses were lost in the day. Eve online has been on 20 years and they released a number of players were created the first day still playing and a few of them have been subscribed every month since.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Wow. Kind of morbid, but I wonder how many former players have passed away since EQ started.

View attachment 520379
I wonder if those accounts are just subbed or they literally mean the characters created on that date are still logging in. I think my character on what was Solu Ro was made day 1 but once we moved to Lanys that December following release I haven't logged into any of my OG's. To me it reads those actual toons are still playing which isn't too surprising considering the size of some of the boxing squads you see some of the dedicated players use.

• 1Like

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Would be interesting to hear a interview with a few of those people if they have legit played nonstop from day 1 - today.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They have to be pulling two metrics. Account creation date and currently subscribed. Can't imagine they are putting work into it like continuous login dates.

I am sure many of those are friends & family accounts that have life long subscriptions, and a handful are ones that played through when the lifetime All Access account models were offered.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
They have to be pulling two metrics. Account creation date and currently subscribed. Can't imagine they are putting work into it like continuous login dates.

I am sure many of those are friends & family accounts that have life long subscriptions, and a handful are ones that played through when the lifetime All Access account models were offered.

I definitely regret missing out on getting a lifelong sub for $200 or whatever it was during the super-limited time it was for sale. Found out about it, was gonna get it, then poof no longer available.

• 1Solidarity

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
I am halfway tempted to try to get my original account back to play my original monk now. Make it 85. :p

• 1Solidarity

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
I could have sworn I hit up the lifelong sub, as I remember it getting advertised and thinking about it but maybe not. Was that what silver status is now, or is that something else?

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I could have sworn I hit up the lifelong sub, as I remember it getting advertised and thinking about it but maybe not. Was that what silver status is now, or is that something else?
Lifetime sub was the top tier, so no EQ restrictions. Can't remember if it was all access or just EQ, though. Silver just means you subbed at one time but are no longer subbed.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
IIRC silver is pretty useless after a point because it'll "blue out" most high level raid equipment you have on and cut your HEM by like 80%. It lets you log in and that's about it. Never gave much thought to it as a result, I'm either subbed or not subbed.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I definitely regret missing out on getting a lifelong sub for $200 or whatever it was during the super-limited time it was for sale. Found out about it, was gonna get it, then poof no longer available.
At the time (2018), it seemed like one last desperate cash grab by the company, with the plans of killing EQ a year or two later. But they had a string of TLPs (Selo, Mangler, Aradune, Mischief) that really breathed new life into the IP.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I wish I would have snagged a lifetime sub. I felt like I was giving $200 or whatever it was for a game that was going to be sold and/or shutdown in the not so distance future so I didn't jump on the deal.

I'm hoping they have a surprise in the near future about an EQ3 or remastering EQ. Just seems like an easy hit for them but it will take some investment for it to happen.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>

BFG is a reference to that old Doom favorite. I guess they stopped putting it in game because the EXTREEEEME knockback was exploitable. I never had one because who plays archery characters in EQ lol /hides

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Sounds like the lifetime sub was kind of like buying into bitcoin in the 2010's. Seemed like an iffy prospect at the time while actually being an incredibly good deal.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Are any of the anniversary quests must-do's for the rewards? Looking around, I've seen a couple that give bags, or what not, but not sure if I'm missing anything important.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Are any of the anniversary quests must-do's for the rewards? Looking around, I've seen a couple that give bags, or what not, but not sure if I'm missing anything important.

I've got a similar question: Probably gonna knock them all out soon either way, but are any of Vaniki's raid achievements particularly must-do to have the rewards for the next server? I did everything up through level 55 IIRC and still have most of those claims banked (except the Emperor Ssra pet, unfortunately, which went well with his sword)

ssra how it started how it's going.jpg

• 1Worf